NPC chatter sound issue

NPC chatter sound issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: OGShadowknight.2458

OGShadowknight.2458

Over the past week or so I’ve had issues with NPC chatter suddenly cutting out in the middle of their lines.

What is strange is I haven’t changed any sound settings to have caused this. I’ve tried resetting sound to default and it still happens. I am not moving or changing camera angle when it happens. It is just NPC chatter which does this, important story-related dialogue does not cut out, nor does any other sound effect or music.

Normally this wouldn’t bother me as I’ve heard it all before, but its part of the ambient sound for me while I’m standing in the city, and having it suddenly cut out is a bit jarring.

Has anybody else experienced this? Or have any suggestions for how to fix?

NPC chatter sound issue

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

A possibility that comes to mind is that perhaps your primary audio playback device at the OS level somehow got set to a surround sound option when you do not have surround sound speaker arrangement. When this happens, some sounds get routed to a “center” speaker channel, and if you do not have a center speaker then sounds essentially get mixed into a non-existent speaker and will cut out.

Check your audio playback devices and make adjustments if necessary, then please do report back to this thread if you’re still having trouble with NPC dialogue. Good luck!

NPC chatter sound issue

Posted by: OGShadowknight.2458

OGShadowknight.2458

This seems to have fixed it. Although I am not sure how my settings were set to surround sound in the first place.

Thank you.