Nameplate Bug/Royal Guard Outfit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

I’m looking at this Charr with the Royal Guard Outfit. He’s wearing the helmet too. I think he’s exceeded character height or something because it’s making his name plate appear at his feet.

http://i.imgur.com/xXddrrc.jpg

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

on charr commandet tag is under character and on human shield position is bad

Attachments:

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

When using the royal outfit, your name appears in your feet instead of in top of your head

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: jberg.7421

jberg.7421

I did not get the outfit and my account was made before 8/30/15

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I haven’t received mine at all. Been playing since beta.

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You will receive it this week, they are sending it in packs

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

Hi

So today while my charr friend was showing off his fancy new Royal guard outfit we noticed a fun bug. When he puts it on his name, title, guild name and chat appears near his feet. When he took the outfit off the above returned to their correct position.

So when he spoke the chat bubble appeared near his feet.
This bug occured in the little shed in the swamp near the Shadow Behemoth today and was replicable by us.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rocket.3498

Rocket.3498

Yes I’ve noticed this same bug on all players wearing the outfit so far today, in apparently the entire map.

Posted by: Robotmoxie.4025

Robotmoxie.4025

So this is really goofy. I put on the Royal Guard outfit on my precious Charr Elementalist, and she looks great.

But I’m an RPer, I’ve been on Tarnished Coast since day 0, and I see a LOT of chat bubbles during my normal gameplay.

So you see, it’s really jarring and funny and weird and not great when I put on this beautiful Royal Guard outfit, and my own chat bubbles start coming out of my character’s feet.

A nearby human player in the same outfit wasn’t having the same problem, so I have to assume it’s a Charr-related, or, weirdly, maybe a class-related issue.

So what’s up with that? Can that be fixed?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Dunno what class you are, but i think its just Charr related. I had a ranger, thief, guardian and a ele all at the same time have this issue. As soon as that outfit gets equipped it does the chat bubble, and name plate movement.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Krazher.7816

Krazher.7816

Whenever i see someone wearing the new outfit, their name is by their feet and not above their head. Not sure if it’s every race, but it seems to happen on Norn and Charr.

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

This could actually give an advantage to scouts in WvW, makes it easier to hide behind things.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Robotmoxie.4025

Okay, yeah. Definitely a Charr issue. And what a weird issue to have. I didn’t realize it moved the whole nameplate, that’s interesting.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

(edited by shadow.6174)

shadow.6174

As far as I know this bug occurs with charr and norn. I have a sylvari and my friend told me I was fine.

shadow.6174

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’m seeing this as well.. Its worse when someone tags since the tag is basically not above their heads. Makes it hard to see the tag when we are all moving in one big group.

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Robotmoxie.4025

Thank you, I’ll go check those threads out!

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Sometimes character name bugs out and doesn’t appear over head, it is shown bellow legs of character and seems character having 2 or 3 times less radius to target?
Its super anoying in spvp, usualy one guy from enemy team has their name bugged. Anyone facing same problem?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Might be linked to the new costume that seems to bug with charrs : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3j11mp/bug_weaing_the_royal_guard_outfit_as_a_charr/

Posted by: Skye.9637

Skye.9637

on charr commandet tag is under character and on human shield position is bad

I reported this multiple times in-game with /bug. It isn’t necessarily game breaking for me, so whenever they get to it, that’ll be nice.. I have a Charr and when I put on the outfit my name appears under me and also my text does too. When removed it goes back to normal.

Posted by: ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

I’m seeing more players whose nameplates are showing up underneath their character in PvP instead of above the head of the character.