[Necro Bug] Interrupted during Death Shroud

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Apokriphos.7042

Apokriphos.7042

Interact now works while in Death Shroud. However, activating Death Shroud interrupts all actions.

As a 0 cast time skill, it should not interrupt skills being performed by the caster mid-performance. This interrupt defeats the purpose of gaining interact in Death Shroud and must be a bug.

Why give the ability to perform actions in DS if we can’t perform an action we started when entering DS?

Link to video

Apokriphos.7042

Bumping this post

Apokriphos.7042

Hopeful the developer team will take a look at this issue

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

+1 this must be a bug looking at others class that can cast spells without getting interrupted while interacting, DS should have same privileges ,,,

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

We can cast spells when we are stomping, some of them but ds is a transformation I don’t think it’s a bug, honestly it would be slightly op if we could go in and out of ds while stomping.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

We can cast spells when we are stomping, some of them but ds is a transformation I don’t think it’s a bug, honestly it would be slightly op if we could go in and out of ds while stomping.

I dont think the transformation part is a good argument since it works with plague which is also a transformation.

But i agree it may be to strong…

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Keep this thread going, it needs attention.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The plague works the same way the old ds stomp worked… you need to kind of hit them both at once. You can’t just stomp and hit plague midway through.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Four professions have instant cast stability that can be used during a stomp without interuption:

guardian – stand your ground
warrior – balanced stance
elementalist – armor of earth
mesmer – mantra of concentration

engineer & thief can stealth before stomp
ranger – at least has stability that can be cast before stomp and will last the full stomp duration

Necro is the only class lacking all of these options. Mechanically speaking the OP is right – instant cast DS shouldn’t interupt a stomp. They could always “fix” it by making FitG base 5 seconds instead though. (yes I know that’s unrealisticOP)

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Four professions have instant cast stability that can be used during a stomp without interuption:

guardian – stand your ground
warrior – balanced stance
elementalist – armor of earth
mesmer – mantra of concentration

engineer & thief can stealth before stomp
ranger – at least has stability that can be cast before stomp and will last the full stomp duration

Necro is the only class lacking all of these options. Mechanically speaking the OP is right – instant cast DS shouldn’t interupt a stomp. They could always “fix” it by making FitG base 5 seconds instead though. (yes I know that’s unrealisticOP)

The elementalist can also mist form, and the engineer has an elixr to make him invul

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Apokriphos.7042

Especially in light of the recent bug fix to DS, please also correct this Death Shroud glitch.

Posted by: Lux.2805

Lux.2805

Human racial elite Avatar of Melandru, elementalists Mist Form, engineers Elixer S are transformation skills too but those do not interrupt if casted mid interaction. Afaik necromancers Death Shroud and engineers Elixer U are the 2 instant cast abilities that interrupt interaction and I believe it’s not working as intended.

(edited by Lux.2805)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I’m going to fight on the Necro side of this argument.

If elementalists can stomp then activate mist form…. Necros should be able to do the same with death shroud.

Posted by: Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Signed! I expierince this too and if it is not a bug I would like clarification on it.

Necros Against Drunk Developer’s.
N.A.D.D’s.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m going to fight on the Necro side of this argument.

If elementalists can stomp then activate mist form…. Necros should be able to do the same with death shroud.

It pretty much comes down to this.

There’s no reason another class can change forms, teleport, or use instant cast abilities to aid in a stomp and a Necro is interrupted when they enter of leave deathshroud midstomp.