Necromancer: Bug Collection

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Just a few of the bugs I noticed, not in the mood to write them all down:
- minion AI is still the worst I’ve ever seen. Minions either tend to attack mobs you’re not in combat with or to don’t do anything at all
- the Target the Weak Trait seems to have no effect on condition damage
- the Close to Death Trait seems to have no effect on condition damage
- the Siphon Power Trait sometimes just doesn’t work
- due to the Bleeding Cap it’s nearly impossible as a Conditionmancer to get more than Bronze out of a boss fight. Either the Cap has to be removed or the the participation algorithm has to be alternated

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

(edited by nachtnebel.9168)

Posted by: Dark Priest.3041

Dark Priest.3041

- Banshee’s Wail trait doesn’t provide “effects last longer” benefit.

Posted by: Metzger Wickersham.5976

Metzger Wickersham.5976

Lich Forms auto-attack is disabled by default. Very annoying to have to enable it during a fight.

NO FUN ALLOWED [FUN]
|||Sea of Sorrows|||

Posted by: sweet reaper.3479

sweet reaper.3479

-Trait spite rank adept:
-II Spiteful talisman: Focus skills recharge 20% faster and have increased range.
-Bug: The modification of range(900 to 1200) is applied to spinal shivers, but reaper’s touch dont have any modification of range.

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Lich Forms auto-attack is disabled by default. Very annoying to have to enable it during a fight.

First world problem! Even if you set 1 to autoattack on any of your weapon sets, you still have to send the command after swapping to get it to auto-attack.

Also Chilling Darkness does not work with Plague Form blind.
Greater Marks trait displaying some marks as the same size even after picking up the trait.
Deathly Swarm on off-hand dagger transfers 1 condition, tooltip suggests that it should be 3. Unless it was nerfed and the tooltip has yet to be updated.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Greater Marks (which increases the radius of marks) trait is bugged for both staff #2 and #3

For #2 “Mark of Blood” the size of the mark on the ground appears as the original small size even when placed (not just the target marker). However it affects the larger radius like it is supposed to.

For #3 “Chillbains” the size of the mark on the ground is the proper larger size, but when activated it only affects the original smaller size. This is pretty bad since if you place it and a target walks into it, they set off the mark but aren’t affected by it since when it “goes off” it just affects the original 120 radius zone.

Right now as far as #3 is concerned it’s actually better to NOT have the greater marks trait, since if you don’t put it right on the target’s head when you use it it’s going to get set off and probably not affect anyone.

Right now #4 and #5 seem to be the only ones that actually work as intended, placing the proper larger sized mark on the ground and affecting the full large area normally.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Also all the life siphon traits need to be looked at in blood magic as far as what they affect on the staff, since it seems almost anything on the staff that does damage doesn’t proc a life siphon, not even the single direct damage hits by abilities.

Posted by: Kamara.2379

Kamara.2379

Pets don’t heal out of combat like other class pets.
Pets run way ahead of character after you stop drawing aggro
Pets that are attacked by mobs – only the 1 that is attacked will fight back the others stand there until you attack.
Pets stand too far away from me so using well of blood (AOE heal) is very difficult to work on them – non issues really if pet’s healed out of combat.

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Not sure if bug, or intended. The elite skill that transforms you into a plague cloud will disable all buttons except the first 3 (that’s fine). but it causes all your minions to disband, as if the skills were changed manually.

If this is intended, kind of makes the plague cloud useless for summoner-necro. If it is a bug, please fix.

nachtnebel.9168

After another day playing: The whole profession is bugged. Please revisit everything.

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

I apologize ahead of time because I’m at work and don’t have access to the game client, so I cannot recall the specific spell names. I wanted to add this to the list of bugs though before I forgot. I hope I can be descriptive enough to indicate clearly the intended skills.

The starter form for Necro (when you gather life and eventually build up your meter and then click the skull looking icon to change into a black, shadowy form). The second skill (again, I fail to recall its name, I’m sorry) that allows you to teleport to the chosen enemy and chill them. This skill, if used on certain enemies, especially large ones (I am thinking of the giant worm in the Norn starter area) will teleport me under the world and I will get stuck until I either move to a waypoint (or in the worm’s case, until the event is over and I am moved into the regular world.)

Posted by: Choppah.4398

Choppah.4398

I really hope the minion ai issues can be fixed asap, the fact they dont regen their hp makes them a waste of utility slots.

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

No1 mentioned Reanimator yet? Jagged horror summoned by that trait lose about 20% max health per second, making them last for about 5-6 seconds. Utterly useless; worst trait in the game.
Minions not having regen could very well be intentional btw. Played GW1?

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

Corrupt Boon often misses or simply has no effect. Am quite sure that it is sometimes blocked by Aegis; if so, then this is an unusual design. Corrupt Boon is blocked by a boon? Makes no sense.

Posted by: Choppah.4398

Choppah.4398

No1 mentioned Reanimator yet? Jagged horror summoned by that trait lose about 20% max health per second, making them last for about 5-6 seconds. Utterly useless; worst trait in the game.
Minions not having regen could very well be intentional btw. Played GW1?

In gw1 you could constantly create minions as they came from mobs you killed so you always had a constant supply as long as you was fighting.

Since in gw2 theyre skill based with 20+sec cd’s i think it only to be fair that theyd be given hp regen….im sure you could agree with that.

The fact is, all pets in other professions regen their health.

As they stand theyre a waste of multiple ulitily slots and should ATLEAST regen when not in combat.

(edited by Choppah.4398)

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

Also: Tooltips do not show increases in bleed/chill/weakness/blind duration when traited for.

Posted by: Dictan.4186

Dictan.4186

Blood Fiend Heals for 2k+ less health then the tool tip says it will.

bone minions don’t draw conditions when you are specced for fetid consumption and the condition transfer seems inconsistent.

Moa Morph kills every summoned pet the necro has and puts them on cooldown.

Minion AI needs serious tweaking, and the utility skills require to much casting and delayed animations to be useful.

Blood life leeches are to small .

Loving you is like a battle and we both end up with scars.

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Please stick to bugs and not what you think is unbalanced. There’s a lot of stuff here I didn’t know and don’t wanna see this thread get locked too..

Posted by: Yuufa.1350

Yuufa.1350

Also it mentions nothing of the such, but it seems the Adept Blood trait “Ritual of Life” that creates a Well of Blood upon bringing someone up from downed state has a cooldown – it feels around 30 seconds.

Posted by: Pyro.7640

Pyro.7640

noticeable bugs:

• One of my minions in particular, the Flesh Golum, auto attacks mobs that are not even within my aggro range. In other occasions, when I’ve aggroed a mob, the golum won’t attack (this happens on and off, the previous issue happens nearly all the time).
  • Reanimator trait. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but I’m going to assume it is since the Jagged horror often dies before he can lay a hit on a foe. Health degeneration is too fast and it ends up being kinda useless.

*Like previous posts have said, minion AI need work since several minions will periodically not attack near foes. I haven’t noticed this with the flesh worm minion though, just the others.

Posted by: Zananos.3968

Zananos.3968

Would be nice is casting life transfer didn’t pull every neutral mob around me (the ones that only attack when you attack them) and not touch the one I’m actually fighting -

Dont know if this is a bug or intended

(edited by Zananos.3968)

Posted by: Vordel.9702

Vordel.9702

minion bug is really annoying whenever i want to avoid combat my golem pulls me in combat and whenever i want him to attack something he just stays there , sometimes i tell him to charge, he charges and goes throught the mob to the other side and stays there doing nothing. and bleed buff limit thing is really really bad, i get gold on general group events, but when we kill a dragon at best time i can get silver. last dragon fight i didn’t even take damage and i was on boss full time, yet all i could get was silver.

Posted by: obscene.5937

obscene.5937

Not exactly a bug, but the staff’s auto-attack sound needs a little more tuning; I feel very self-conscious while using it around other players, as I’m acutely aware of how annoying it is.

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Not exactly a bug, but the staff’s auto-attack sound needs a little more tuning; I feel very self-conscious while using it around other players, as I’m acutely aware of how annoying it is.

Yeah, I agree with this. The sound is not too bad, it’s just too loud. If the volume on it was lowered, it probably would be ok. So I would consider the very loud volume of that sound effect as a bug.

Posted by: shokee.8049

shokee.8049

Oh god this,so kitten annoying.

Posted by: Black Wyvern.3128

Black Wyvern.3128

Greater Marks (which increases the radius of marks) trait is bugged for both staff #2 and #3

For #2 “Mark of Blood” the size of the mark on the ground appears as the original small size even when placed (not just the target marker). However it affects the larger radius like it is supposed to.

Mark of Blood and Reaper’s Mark are both blockable, when GM is supposed to disable that ability as well.

Posted by: Sith.1598

Sith.1598

Would be nice is casting life transfer didn’t pull every neutral mob around me (the ones that only attack when you attack them) and not touch the one I’m actually fighting -

Dont know if this is a bug or intended

It is intended to do this; very beneficial for WvW.

On another note, I support fixes for minions AI and the ‘Chilling Darkness’ greater trait.

Posted by: Lorkmir.6580

Lorkmir.6580

I’ve noticed every problem listed here. The most drastic would certainly be pet AI, lack of out-of-combat minion health regen (come on, even the completely temporary elementals have it), Greater Marks bugs, and the useless Reanimator trait. I’m pretty sure that maybe the jagged horror that is summoned is supposed to have “causes bleeding” not “bleeds”. PLEASE! Fix these! These are some very major bugs that have a drastic effect on the class!

“Wait…. I know you”

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

While I, too, hope that these bugs will be resolved soo, I still love the necro so much, I stopped leveling my elementalist main to switch to necro…

…playing double dagger, though, no minions most of the time; switching to staff only for long range (bossfights) or pulls.

Posted by: Vibe.2861

Vibe.2861

Raise the 25 Bleed stack limit, seriously. Not getting any dps on boss fights.

nachtnebel.9168

Rasing would not be enough. There are so multiple classes that can stack bleeding up to 10 times. With this in mind, and the game being desinged arround mass events with 30+ players, the bleeding cap makes no sense at all.

nachtnebel.9168

No enduracne, boon and condition bar while in Death Shroud.

Posted by: Sith.1598

Sith.1598

Agreed. I found this out the hard way yesterday while fighting a dragon. I joined the fight when it was at %50 and got absolutely nothing for a reward when it flew away. It was perma locked at 25 bleeds.

Posted by: Rufio.5648

Rufio.5648

Just a few of the bugs I noticed, not in the mood to write them all down:
- minion AI is still the worst I’ve ever seen. Minions either tend to attack mobs you’re not in combat with or to don’t do anything at all

This is a really important bug, it has killed many necromancers around the globe because our pets attack random mobs, and they don’t come to our help when we need them. (maybe we should call unicef or something )

At first I thought “maybe this is working as intended, maybe these minions are just a bad badge I cooked up, or ANET wants the brainless minion to be true” but after much pondering I think it is indeed a bug.

From a guy that loves you, please fix this, I can live with it but I know many people, some of my friends and family, are not as forgiving as some of us are, people will leave the game if they feel their favorite profession/build is broken.

Posted by: Furlock.2814

Furlock.2814

[quote=6980;nachtnebel.9168:- minion AI is still the worst I’ve ever seen. Minions either tend to attack mobs you’re not in combat with or to don’t do anything at all[/quote]

As a minion focus necromancer, nothing pisses me off more than this right here.

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

The “Vampiric” trait that procs siphon on hit does not work when wielding a staff. The one that procs on crit does work though.

Also, +1 to the minion issues mentioned above.

Posted by: Haelynn.4390

Haelynn.4390

+1 to the bleeding issue, it’s incredibly frustrating to spend time fighting a big event with a lot of people and only getting bronze.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Spectral Attunement does not increase the spectral duration effects (not for walk and armor anyways), you do gain the life force though.

Deathly Invigoration does not seem to heal the user. If this was intended, it should be made clear in the trait description.

Last Gasp does not provide protection, only the actual Spectral Armor. If this is intended, I think Spectral Armor as a skill, and Spectral Armor as a buff, should have names changed.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Myrmidal.7852

Myrmidal.7852

EDIT: Reaper’s touch seems fixed, as of Sept 6th update.

(edited by Myrmidal.7852)

Posted by: Yuufa.1350

Yuufa.1350

Another one is the Dark Armor Adept trait in Death Magic:

“Dark Armor – Gain 400 Toughness whilst channeling.”

Currently it is only giving 310 toughness and not the full 400.

Posted by: Dictan.4186

Dictan.4186

close to death only gives 10% damage increase not 20%
strength of undeath scales from 1%-100% for damage instead of a flat 5% at 50% or higher. also gives different damage increases in and out of shroud

Loving you is like a battle and we both end up with scars.

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

A bug, but should stay in game since it works better that way, Strength of Undeath works with old effect (you gain 20 power pre 20% life force you have) instead of the 5% damage boost while over 50% life force. Also life transfer could be bugged or not, since if you time it right (just on the end of death shroud) it heals you too, what it probably is supposed to do, but since the calculations seem to think of life force as hp, it fills it for double the normal value if speced into Transfer in the blood magic line (since last gasp, full of life, blood to power, siphoned power, etc kick in too with death shroud life force changes depending on if you push the life force back up once – eg. you go to 85% LF, use life transfer with 6 enemies around you, you go up to 91%, blood to power kicks in, enemy hits you, full of life kicks in – on real hp not LF).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: eienblue.5307

eienblue.5307

Flesh Wurm minion – After it’s summoned and I’m a ways away from it and hit the spell again, it teleports me back to where the worm was first summoned.

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

- Spectral Attunement works only for Spectral Armor and Spectral Wall
- You gain no Protection Boon from Last Gasp
- Spectral Attunement doesn’t work with Last Gasp
- Casting Spectral Armor and then walking through Spectral Wall doesn’t increase the duration of the Protection Boon, other way around it works
- Vitality increases Life Force, but it makes no difference to the degeneration time while being in Death Shroud (intended?)
- Chill of Death decreases your autoattack when it does porc

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

This is a problem with all alternate forms and bundle weapons. Engineers hate it even more than you do.

EDIT: If this gets fixed, please take ammo-based weapons like conjures into consideration. Autoattacking blows through charges really fast and may not be the best idea.

(edited by Haette.2701)

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

To add to this, Greater Marks also does NOT make marks unblockable as the trait states – on many occasions I’ve seen my marks being blocked when triggered.

Trait completely broken.

For #3 “Chillbains” the size of the mark on the ground is the proper larger size, but when activated it only affects the original smaller size. This is pretty bad since if you place it and a target walks into it, they set off the mark but aren’t affected by it since when it “goes off” it just affects the original 120 radius zone.

Right now as far as #3 is concerned it’s actually better to NOT have the greater marks trait, since if you don’t put it right on the target’s head when you use it it’s going to get set off and probably not affect anyone.

Right now #4 and #5 seem to be the only ones that actually work as intended, placing the proper larger sized mark on the ground and affecting the full large area normally.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

+1 to the minion issues (well, especially the bit about the Jagged horrors – that health degen is so broken they are entirely useless 99% of the time – I can live wit the rest of the AI problems, but this one is just horrible)
+1 to staff/marks issues ( I also noticed the lack of life leech here)

As for the bleeding stacks/event participation count problem: I think this needs to be revisited in general. Supportive players should be awarded for their participation as well without having to give up their preferred way of playing just because only dps is counted towards the event participation.

Polka will never die

Posted by: asakawa.7501

asakawa.7501

Regarding the bleed cap; I don’t really understand the purpose of the cap but the fact that it can even be an issue in 5 player dungeons and has led to friends in my static group changing their spec from their initial preference to allow me to focus as “Conditionmacer” suggests an issue that is really having a very negative effect on people gameplay.

I would also add a +1 to the minion issues (I’ve given up on minion builds altogether right now) and a +1 to the autoattack issue. Remembering when I selected an ability for autoattack would make using those abilities less frustrating for me and would lead to me linking abilities to chat less often _

I love the game. Please, ArenaNet, remove these few frustrations.

Posted by: Ikos.2645

Ikos.2645

+ 1 to Greater marks trait that is almost totally bugged, it’s a shame cause is really useful and a really good trait.

+ 1 to bleeding cap. Now I understand why I always achieve bronze/silver on boss events

Posted by: Bam.1506

Bam.1506

Death Magic trait Death Nova doesn’t work with Blood Fiend and Bone Minions when they are killed by Taste of Death or Putrid Explosion.

Blood Magic trait Mark of Evasion leaves Mark of Blood that applies only 2 stacks of bleed instead of 3.