Need a clarification on Fiery Greatsword....

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Catori Tokala.6581

Catori Tokala.6581

The Rules of Conduct clearly state the following: You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

Is the Fiery Greatsword(FGS) an exploit when used in dungeons to quickly kill bosses (I refuse to state how it’s done, but I’m sure Anet knows…)

I just don’t want to get banned for this. If it is a bannable offense, many dungeon runner groups will cease to exist. Stacking will get harder in many dungeons (including AC). This will change everything about my dungeon running experiences, since I know many teams including mine that uses this trick.

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

is warrior greatsword spinning against a wall an exploit?

use your head

Posted by: Catori Tokala.6581

Catori Tokala.6581

It’s been said before on a site the Developers use, that it was an exploit. I just need a confirmation. Also, FGS doesn’t just hurt because of the charge, the fire on the ground stacks instensely. You’d be doing an abnormal amount of damage, almost enough to one-shot champions, or even 2-3 shot dungeon bosses.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

In my opinion, the FGS is one of those things that are right and wrong at the same time, it just depends on the point of view:

It is right because it works as expected: The trail left behind does damage therefore if you concentrate the trail in a small area, it will stack the damage;

However, one could say that no one really expected it to be used in such a way.

Plus there aren’t really that many dungeons in which you could use the “exploit”.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Will you get banned for it? Doubt it.

Will it get fixed? Most likely, it’s just a matter of time.

FGS is absolutely required in the current speedrun meta. It kills things twice as fast. It’s not intended but not severe enough for the developers to prioritize it on top of the bug fix list apparently.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

You will never be banned for trivial things like this, or there would be no one left to play the game. Hypothetically, even if they wanted to ban people for this, they can’t, because there is no way to detect something trivial like this.

Some casuals complain about the ‘zerk only groups’ (for whatever reason they complain I’ll never understand), if they nerf FGS then people will move onto the next efficient tactic. And it works the same as FGS does.

The Norn elite, Bear Form.

Imagine the cry of the casuals when lfg’s become “ZERK NORNS ONLY”. Hahahahahaha.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The Norn elite, Bear Form.

Imagine the cry of the casuals when lfg’s become “ZERK NORNS ONLY”. Hahahahahaha.

Lol .. that really made me laugh out loud in the office

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

In my opinion, the weapon is powerful, but since it is a weapon you normaly acuire and use within set peremiters, you are staying within the borders Anet gives you. If the borders are mishapen, then that’s their problem. You use a weapon they gave you. End of story

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Definitely not a bug as it’s working as intended. Is it an exploit? Don’t know, but considering it’s been used for months, and months without even a peep from devs, I think it’s safe to assume it’s working as intended. Serious exploits tend to be closed off in less than a month.

Is it OP? That’s up for debate. I don’t see it being so powerful it’s game breaking, since a mesmer using time-warp on their full zerk party trivializes bosses almost as much as using FGS, and doesn’t even require pinning a boss to a wall which may not be possible/feasible in many cases.

Bottom line, it’s safe to do. You’re not risking a ban for using it.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Will you get banned for it? Doubt it.

Will it get fixed? Most likely, it’s just a matter of time.

FGS is absolutely required in the current speedrun meta. It kills things twice as fast. It’s not intended but not severe enough for the developers to prioritize it on top of the bug fix list apparently.

If by fixed you mean, destroyed completely and nerfed 500% into the ground so badly it wont even be on a skill bar no more then yes it will be fixed.

Remember the fire ele’s that you could spam then anet “patched it for lag reasons UH HUH” that it can only be spawned once per 30 mins now, yet can die in 5 seconds in some fights, and now you don’t see them about.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Remember the fire ele’s that you could spam then anet “patched it for lag reasons UH HUH” that it can only be spawned once per 30 mins now, yet can die in 5 seconds in some fights, and now you don’t see them about.

That problem however only came up with the new Teq when people wrote guides where is was already more or less mandatory to use them.

And i don’t think any developer has ever expected that 120 people stand in a zone with 120 fire eles when they designed that item. In my eyes all these items are just more “fun stuff”, that you maybe buy when you explore the world and see them at an NPC and use them now and then, but not all the time.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.