Network Error w/Code

Network Error w/Code

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Of course it’s not any one persons fault, what makes me miffed is that testing is done on Reset night for WVW, the one night of the week I actually look forward to:(

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Looks like I ain’t the only one having this problem. Still, thanks Anet for working on this. A shame that my beta character was tagged up.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Daniele.2064

Daniele.2064

a friend just tried the being logged out for 10 minutes to reset parties/squads and it worked for him. Just wanted to post that it’s working for some people.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Me too.

Beta broke my game.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: KushBot.5480

KushBot.5480

lol I’m sure it’ll be taken care of. I am just as disappointed i cant log in now as the next guy but its cool Anet will fix.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Barsity.9408

Barsity.9408

It’s not Arenanet’s Fault none of this works as intended, they are doing their best, ( When i say arenanet, I mean all of GW2 support, the server managers, and anythign relate dtoi any server under Arenanet’s company)

It kinda is. They dropped a BWE raid that required squad UI when a WvW reset happened. I know they wanted “to test it live” but this is dumb. This is my end-all-be-all they give no kittens about WvW…. Why not revert it so at least commanders can get back in since the radi UI was already closed off for a while before hand. Seriously ANet…. kitten YOU! I want to WvW and can’t.

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

It’s not Arenanet’s Fault none of this works as intended, they are doing their best, ( When i say arenanet, I mean all of GW2 support, the server managers, and anythign relate dtoi any server under Arenanet’s company)

Who’s fault is it then? It’s not the players faults. I’m not saying you should get outraged or that you shouldn’t expect problems, but it is quite literally ArenaNets fault and ArenaNets fault only that there are problems, even if that’s holding them to an unreasonable standard.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

the “Wait 10-15 minutes” thing didn’t work for me:(

Come on A-Net, I believe in you!

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Thane.5726

Thane.5726

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

the “Wait 10-15 minutes” thing didn’t work for me:(

Come on A-Net, I believe in you!

Same issue here, have been waiting for the past 25mins, still cant log back in

Network Error w/Code

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Waited 20 minutes. Didn’t work.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Update: This is going to take a little bit to fix. I would suggest not creating squads until this can be resolved, as you may end up not being able to log back in.

I’ve been told that staying offline (including not logging into the launcher) for 10 minutes, may resolve the issue by removing you from the squad.
(Disclaimer: I’m not sure if this will work)

tried after 15, didn’t work. (unless it was meant for non squad leaders, if so, darn)

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Theostru.4812

Theostru.4812

I was one who couldn’t get in because I had a commander tag on. I tried the waiting 20 minutes deal and it actually did work for me. So YMMV, but it does have a non-zero success rate (I thought it was complete bull until I tried it…)

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

I keep seeing “wvw night” , Well. yes. it’s the BETA WEEKEND,

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Update: If there were players in your squad, while you were leader, logging out for 10 minutes will not solve the issue unless all players also leave that squad. The squad must disband for you to be able to log back in.

ETA For Fix: Unknown/ASAP/We’ve called in the cavalry

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

I was one who couldn’t get in because I had a commander tag on. I tried the waiting 20 minutes deal and it actually did work for me. So YMMV, but it does have a non-zero success rate (I thought it was complete bull until I tried it…)

you lucky son of a …

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

I wish I seen this thread before I tag up to see if Anet has fixed the Squad UI or not. Now I’m unable to play the game for awhile XD

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Update: This is going to take a little bit to fix. I would suggest not creating squads until this can be resolved, as you may end up not being able to log back in.

I’ve been told that staying offline (including not logging into the launcher) for 10 minutes, may resolve the issue by removing you from the squad.
(Disclaimer: I’m not sure if this will work)

I was logged out of my main account for over 10 mins and was able to finally get back in (my tag was also turned back off) so this seemed to work… Thanks for the rollback at least and for working late into the evening on Friday. Much appreciated so we can continue to test.

Ele for Hire

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

Unable to log in still, waited. A lot of people logged off probably still in my squad. Guess that’s the night for us.

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Thank you for keeping us ntofiied Chris, Could you possibly just Auto disband all squads with an inagem message " Disbanding all squads" so people cna get back in, and then warn everyone to NOT use a com tag until everyhting is fixed?

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Robotmoxie.4025

Robotmoxie.4025

I did my best to wait it out. Watched a long youtube video between this post and my last one. There was nobody in my squad at the time I started getting disconnected. I had just switched off of my druid to go and mess around with my Dragonhunter for a while.

I tried to get in just now, and still nothing. I’m pretty sad about it, my Dragonhunter build has like +84% outgoing damage, I was looking forward to having tons of fun and 2-shotting everything with True Shot.

Relieved to hear that the cavalry has been called in, though. That’s at least a little peace of mind.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Update: If there were players in your squad, while you were leader, logging out for 10 minutes will not solve the issue unless all players also leave that squad. The squad must disband for you to be able to log back in.

ETA For Fix: Unknown/ASAP/We’ve called in the cavalry

How do I disband or leave a pug squad?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Network Error w/Code

Barsity.9408

It’s reset night for WvW… Some people actually give two kittens about it. Apparently Mike O’Brien doesn’t as per his WvW quotes to Reyana.

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

Just curious, why not just “roll back” the latest patch?

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Lauriewonnacott.9841

So basically most of us are relying on 4 other people reading this and logging out for 10 minutes.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Banrigh.5932

Banrigh.5932

i’m still locked out. i waited 20+ minutes….

Banrigh
Disa Wyrmhunter – Druid/Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Yup. Back in again after the squad I was in disbanded.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: KushBot.5480

KushBot.5480

i was tag’d……..

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: BonezMcGee.1428

BonezMcGee.1428

Feature request: ability to detag at character screen.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Mitchking.9823

Mitchking.9823

So i have to wait for the person that joined my squad to log out for 10 mins even tho he/she most likely hasn’t even read the forums! :/

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

It’s reset night for WvW… Some people actually give two kittens about it. Apparently Mike O’Brien doesn’t as per his WvW quotes to Reyana.

you’re missing the point, it’s the dedicated hot beta weekend. more focus should be on this than wvw, if the ui for their entire expansion is buggy now, it’s better to fix it.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Yeah but friday night is always WvW reset. Anet knows this. Every single WvW player knows this. It’s the biggest, most fun, most profitable, most planned night of the week for WvW.

WvW servers and guilds coordinate who’s going to which map. Guilds have all their members log in, and everyone sorts their parties very carefully to balance the classes. You get in teamspeak with your guild. All of this BEFORE reset even happens. Then you meet up around the portals in LA, chill, and wait for the matches to officially reset. You spam the portal so that you don’t get queued out. Then you rush off with your guild to grab as many points as you can in the first few hours of the match, and all of the biggest and best fights are on reset. And if you happen to disconnect, or log out, you CAN end up queued out of a map. Having sudden tiny patches sucks if your in the middle of a huge fight, or in the process of taking a keep. They make it hard to make sure your guild all gets back in before the queue, etc. And guilds rely on their commanders to lead them through the fights. Even if you have other commanders- people have said tagging up AFTER the patch and swapping maps can cause you to be kicked out as well.

And keep in mind, some of us have NOT purchased the expansion, some people don’t plan on purchasing it, and there’s no real reason to subject everyone doing non-beta things (like regular reset) to random issues that completely destroy our gameplay for the night.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

^this

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Oxyxix.5326

Oxyxix.5326

This is more important to a lot of people. Regular WvW players – which DO EXIST – are suffering under the effects of the beta weekend. I understand beta weekend should be accessible to everyone, and thus doing it in the weekend is a good choice, but a lot of WvW veterans don’t care a single bit about the beta. Even the ones that have pre-ordered HoT (myself included) care more about reset night fun than the beta.

Now I understand the mentality, WvW is not important – as it seems parts of ANet agree aswell – but our fully queued maps on FSP (during reset) disagree. I got kicked out twice right around reset because of the beta weekend. Now our (EU) nightcappers can’t coordinate because they lack tags and parties are borked. A lot of people’s favorite past-time is completely broken.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Wolfshead.3014

Wolfshead.3014

^this

yes please

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

you’re missing the point, it’s the dedicated hot beta weekend. more focus should be on this than wvw, if the ui for their entire expansion is buggy now, it’s better to fix it.

Why can’t they fix bugs in a more closed setting? Or atleast have better timing? 9 pm EST on Friday starts the busiest WvW night of the week. They could have worked on it earlier than that, or they could’ve waited until tomorrow.

And like I said before- why should everyone in the entire game be subjected to HoT-related bugs just because it’s a beta weekend? I haven’t paid for HoT, I can’t participate in beta events, and I don’t want to have to deal with its bugs.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Thane.5726

Thane.5726

How is this affecting wvw? Commanders were tagged and its reset night.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: eris.9654

eris.9654

WvW is jacked, at least many of us had backup commanders.

Eris Sux – Leader
[KnT] Knights Of The Temple
http://knightgaming.net/

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: ReNeGadE.3175

ReNeGadE.3175

not sure if you guys can do anything on an account basis, but ive tried logging out for 20 min, and have made sure the squad i was in disbanded and everyone relogged and i still cannot log in. Please help.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

it’s affecting wvw cause those commanders CAN’T get back in to continue tagging….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

Still a no go for me. I have a guildy messaging everybody who was in my squad to leave it but not sure if they have found them all…

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

Because when the “patch” hit, everyone who was tagged is unable to log back into game.

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so commander tag became more broken compare to 6hrs ago…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Turra.4529

Turra.4529

I waited 15 minutes and still cant connect =(

Boris Yeltsin
Desolation

Network Error w/Code

Barsity.9408

The new build kicked everyone out of WvW and then they could not get back in. Not sure if you are being sarcastic… But that is the reason.

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Why can’t they fix bugs in a more closed setting? Or atleast have better timing? 9 pm EST on Friday starts the busiest WvW night of the week. They could have worked on it earlier than that, or they could’ve waited until tomorrow.

And like I said before- why should everyone in the entire game be subjected to HoT-related bugs just because it’s a beta weekend? I haven’t paid for HoT, I can’t participate in beta events, and I don’t want to have to deal with its bugs.

it’s 4:00 am – 5:00 am… when most EU people would be asleep.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Yep, I am done. My raid usually ends in about two hours. Can’t lead it, can’t get in. This night is a complete write off.

Given the quality control level displayed, I am thinking I should just skip beta weekend and the first week of release of HoT.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

it’s 4:00 am – 5:00 am… when most EU people would be asleep.

Fair enough… but we are talking about NA prime…

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Elrenia Hothien.4657

Elrenia Hothien.4657

Need to get back to WvW reset night guys, please fix this ~_~

~Please subscribe to my channel A_bAnAnA’s YouTube
~You can follow me on Twitter Teh_bAnAnA’s Twitter

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

its been over an hour that im unable to play this is completely absurd how can this not have been properly tested to the point where the moment u made a change it kittened the players over do you guys not properly test ur fixes before launching them?