Nevermore IV progress Bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

I… dont know whats happening to me. Every morning I wake up and the pick up the phone to see if there was a patch. Then I see this raven outside the window, staring at me menacingly. sigh disappointed me moves on with his average life knowing that he will live another day, without his fancy branch that he spent 6 months of savings and a full weekend on.

Nobody is dying because of this bug, except the people of this thread, slowly, inside…
Will christmas bring raven’s gift? Will it be after queen elizabeth is no more? Or is it sooner than we think? The wait continues…

Posted by: Trousers.3927

Trousers.3927

Tbh ill be surprised if this was “fixed” anytime soon sadly, it sucks being stuck at like 99% done with the whole thing, yeah they “promised” a kitten ton of things and pretty much did like 10% of it, but that’s the mmo scene for you, they want to give you the world and in the end nothing gets done.

Though tbh the “real reason” they ain’t fixing this kitten, is cause they most likely severely undermanned, as someone else stated it shouldn’t take this long to hotfix this, its two events, but if you got no one working on it, its pretty hard to fix something, everyone they have is working on fixing WvW which was another feature that was “promised” and got pushed, so in the grand scheme of things it’s not really that surprising that it’s not getting fixed. YES it kittening blows that everyone has thrown an absurd amount of money for an expansion that in reality had very little content, with content “promised” that was pushed on top of that.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Though tbh the “real reason” they ain’t fixing this kitten, is cause they most likely severely undermanned

Well that is very obvious.

Posted by: noir.6392

noir.6392

I… dont know whats happening to me. Every morning I wake up and the pick up the phone to see if there was a patch.

This! So much of this…cries

Posted by: Kai.7185

Kai.7185

For those of you who posted success stories of finishing Friend of the Owls by logging in to do it 4 in the morning or having to pay gold to trolls… Anet is probably gonna look at it and say, “See, it’s doable, why do we have to fix it?”

Posted by: robin.6891

robin.6891

For those of you who posted success stories of finishing Friend of the Owls by logging in to do it 4 in the morning or having to pay gold to trolls… Anet is probably gonna look at it and say, “See, it’s doable, why do we have to fix it?”

Those things are doable. They should at least fix the bugged collectibles.

No hotfix today, which is depressing. I bought this content, why are they not fixing it?

Around the release, there were several hotfixes, no one complained. So whats the matter of not hotfixing such little bugs, blocking such important things?

Kai.7185

No hotfix today, which is depressing. I bought this content, why are they not fixing it?

Around the release, there were several hotfixes, no one complained. So whats the matter of not hotfixing such little bugs, blocking such important things?

Doable but unreasonable, very. I’m more concerned about the Owl collectible than the two bugged ones, because the bugged collectibles will guaranteed to be fixed, it’s just matter of time. There’s no telling if they’re going to change how the Owl event works. I don’t want to stay up late or empty out my wallet to trolls every night just to hope for that off-chance of success.

Posted by: Pizza Pan.5632

Pizza Pan.5632

Anet seems to pay little attention to the patches.
Why? Because we paid for it and WILL probably PAY more, even if they patch every other 2 weeks instead of hotfixes. Why do more if i can make the same money out of you when i do less?

robin.6891

What happened to this awesome Dev Studio, which once created Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 a long time ago..?

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I think the frustrating thing for some of us, maybe a lot of us, is we were willing to spend the extra gold so that we could have the new legendary as soon as possible. It probably ended up costing me a few 100 gold more because I wanted it quickly. It’s a trade-off that while is never really a smart one long-term, it was one I consciously and even happily made. It’s hard not to feel cheated, then, when you choose this more expensive path only for the end result to be unobtainable, making that extra gold you were happy to part with completely and utterly wasted. Unobtainable because of a couple of stupid bugs.

The ‘Friend of the Rabbits’ is what really grinds my gears. This event seems to not have occurred since the NPE was introduced. Another link.. Bugs like Friend of the Pups I can handle, although I do still think it should have been hotfixed much faster than this… but how… how do they miss something like an event that hasn’t been seen for over 5 months, and possibly not once since the NPE was introduced?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

akaCryptic.2389

What happened to this awesome Dev Studio, which once created Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 a long time ago..?

This is just a guess (since i have only been playing since last year): After the creation and designing of content most developers either left or were laid off for profit maximization. For almost any firm, salaries are the biggest costs and they did not need as much manpower since the game was “finished”

Now they may or may not be enough to manage such a large game but one think I do know is that respond kitten fast to tickets but fixes come months later.

Either that or the artificial timegate conapiracy is real.

Posted by: Lorien.1325

Lorien.1325

Doable but unreasonable, very. I’m more concerned about the Owl collectible than the two bugged ones, because the bugged collectibles will guaranteed to be fixed, it’s just matter of time. There’s no telling if they’re going to change how the Owl event works. I don’t want to stay up late or empty out my wallet to trolls every night just to hope for that off-chance of success.

Exactly, this event has completely ruined my life (or at least my gw2 experience). Once I‘ve finished daily I just stand there doing nothing but witness the Shaman got killed over and over and over for hours while trying to whisper (and/or bribe) the newbies not to do it. I tried to log on at 4 am but there was still ppl there I mean where did they come from???

I hope this will be fixed as well because technically this is a bug as well since the tool tip doesn’t match the required event. But all I can do is hope.

Really, please ANet, fix this too while you fix the other two.

robin.6891

Everything seems like the patch will (hopefully) arrive on 2nd of december.

So thats an 11 day long waiting time for something which could be hotfixed with ease?

Something we paid for? And invested 1500g+ ingame? Something new we have been so excited for?
And all this, just blocked because of this kitten bugs.

No respond from Anet except a patch…. And when you are looking at the gemstore right now, with all those shiny bundles, which are sooo cheap and awesome,cough one can see, that Guild Wars 2 has become to one of those lesser quality F2P games.

Disappointing direction, which Arenanet took. And now we can feel, the first results of becoming an F2P game right here.

(edited by robin.6891)

Posted by: Reverze.7180

Reverze.7180

Why all only talk about puppy owl and rabbits we stil can’t melt raven and spirit at the skillpoint , getting pupy and rabbits won’t fix that one.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

This is not true. For instance, in volume 4 (Guide to raising a raven – first item in the collection) – not only do you need it, but it has to be in your inventory when you try and speak to Moda the Quick in raven lodge (Prepare Raven collection item) or she doesn’t offer the dialog for the collection.

Guess you made something wrong, the first time you tried to get the dialogue. Just my Raven was with me, no other collectibles, and i got the dialogue option for the collection.

Topic Bump, still no clarification? Disappointment is growing bigger and bigger.

Can’t make anything wrong – the collection lights up if it’s done correctly – there is no grey area.

Literally, did all the items in the collection before speaking to her (was going in order) and the option would not come up. Saw Vol 4 was not in my inv, took from my artificer who had it and option appeared. Nothing else changed.

This is actually a known issue (this guy’s edit 3):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3tjps9/nevermore_iii_the_raven_staff/cx6r7x0

So guys, do not delete your collection items unless you want to risk running into a brick wall.

robin.6891

Why all only talk about puppy owl and rabbits we stil can’t melt raven and spirit at the skillpoint , getting pupy and rabbits won’t fix that one.

Please read the hint of this collectibles. They are only doable if you have done friend of the pupps and rabbits!

So we dont know yet, if these are bugged or not. The hint says they will work, if you got the bugged collectibles.
You need Friends of pupps and rabbits for the tamed spirit. And you need the tamed spirit for melting primed and tamed spirit together.

Pls stop confusing people!

(edited by robin.6891)

noir.6392

At this point I’m basically just angry with them and at how they don’t give a kitten about us. And by us, I don’t mean just us doing Nevermore.. Basically they don’t give a kitten about any player, judging by the amount of bugs.. Astralaria is just as undoable as Nevermore, H.O.P.E. has serious flaws, albeit doable, and some of the old pre collectiones are in a really bad state.
They could argue that they’re focusing on revamping WvW, but what’s the point? It’s just gonna be more content that people can complain about. They keep piling bad things on top of other bad things, while not making anyone happy, and they’ll end up with a big pile of kitten.
Really unbelieavable that a major feature released 11 days ago is still bugged. Have not seen this in any game I played.

robin.6891

At this point I’m basically just angry with them and at how they don’t give a kitten about us. And by us, I don’t mean just us doing Nevermore.. Basically they don’t give a kitten about any player, judging by the amount of bugs.. Astralaria is just as undoable as Nevermore, H.O.P.E. has serious flaws, albeit doable, and some of the old pre collectiones are in a really bad state.
They could argue that they’re focusing on revamping WvW, but what’s the point? It’s just gonna be more content that people can complain about. They keep piling bad things on top of other bad things, while not making anyone happy, and they’ll end up with a big pile of kitten.
Really unbelieavable that a major feature released 11 days ago is still bugged. Have not seen this in any game I played.

Theres a reason why no one is writing a bunch of text, which says that everything is well and that they are satisfied by/confident with the game like on any other big MMO or popular game. These posts slowly faded away about a year ago. Guess we will see those Nevermore. (Pun intended)

(edited by robin.6891)

Posted by: Trousers.3927

Trousers.3927

Yeah the whole “adventure” thing is a huge joke littered with flaws/bugs/bad game design and the list just keeps going and tbh its gonna keep growing as Anet releases content, the fact that they could release stuff this bad to begin with is pretty lol tbh, iono who does their quality control though I’m inclined to believe that they don’t have any or the people they do have clearly has no clue.
Like they can’t even deny it at this stage anymore, so I don’t expect them to ever come clean or admit anything they would lose to much face, which could also be why there’s no replies to any of the legendary journeys old or new.

but hey as long as that cash shop is running and getting updates every other day everything is cool right? … right? just sigh.

Here’s hoping for whenever this gets fixed and we can get our weapon it actually functions and isn’t missing half it’s effect, looking forward to the disappointment of wielding it on my thief and it having no strike effect’s but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

robin.6891

Here’s hoping for whenever this gets fixed and we can get our weapon it actually functions and isn’t missing half it’s effect, looking forward to the disappointment of wielding it on my thief and it having no strike effect’s but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Stop stoking my fears pls.

akaCryptic.2389

If they don’t fix all progress blocking bugs by tuesday, be it story or collections, that would be rhe proof of Anet’s decline. So many things they have done right, but at the moment it just seems like they are 1/4 of their size in terms of employees compared to release.

robin.6891

Bump, so Devs will see it.

Not sure about anyone mentioned it, since their is no official response in the forums on any theme since 5-7 days or so.

Posted by: Twiggy.2138

Twiggy.2138

Still no patch today to fix these two items. We just want to make our legendaries Only 3 new legendaries and 2 of them are STILL broken. I feel really sorry for the devs that designed these weapons but I think they should be making more noise over at ANET to get them fixed.

‘oh dont worry they will be fixed eventually’ some may say, and yes this is true but I worked my kitten off and payed a premium for items just so that I could make nevermore straight after it was released. By the time it is fixed there will be so many made that it wont even be special to be running around with the skin.

I know its pointless having a mini rant here and it wont make anything happen faster but I am so mad/upset that I have to do something.

robin.6891

A patch will come later this day… don’t worry. if it contains a fix, only Arenanet can say.

akaCryptic.2389

Waited over 2 hours. Can confirm Friend of Rabbits is still bugged.

robin.6891

Posted by: robert von strife.1729

robert von strife.1729

Guys send a ticket about it to support if thats all you’re missing they are gonna send you the item.! Nevermore, litterally! :P

Attachments:

Desolation Defender
Sephiroth Darkness[GoD]

robin.6891

Guys send a ticket about it to support if thats all you’re missing they are gonna send you the item.! Nevermore, litterally! :P

How long have you been waiting for your answer?

I’m waiting for 6 hours now.

Terra.8571

How long have you been waiting for your answer?

I’m waiting for 6 hours now.

I got mine in 5 minutes but I was one of the first people to request it – literally took a punt on a reddit post that paid off. I think there are probably a few thousand at least who are on volume 4 of nevermore. As such, might take them a while t work through the backlog.

I will say though, for AN support to do this made my day. Hopefully everyone will get there gifts and thus be able to craft nevermore soon ^^. And a big thank you to Arenanet.

Posted by: Shadow Espada.9183

Shadow Espada.9183

My friend sent a ticket 2 hrs ago…got his now…I sent a ticket 8 hours ago. Still waiting. and 2 weeks waiting on Friends of Rabbit.

Anyone else sent a ticket n no reply or no trophy(s)?

(edited by Shadow Espada.9183)

noir.6392

Sent a ticket about 2.5 hours ago, and no response as well.

Posted by: zalcs.9701

zalcs.9701

They bother sending kittening rabbits manually to everyone, but not the 10min work of adding it to a vendor? Smh

EDIT: Unless, of course, if only a select few are getting them, which seems to be the case. The unproffessionalism; no words.

(edited by zalcs.9701)

Posted by: IronKenn.6094

IronKenn.6094

Upping this topic again as sending a ticket to support ingame remains unanswered as this topic remains the same.

The idea of giving only a select group of people the item while others are left in the dark waiting for it or a fix to the event is preposterous.

I think we all would appreciate a reply from Anet on this matter

Kai.7185

Also, Nevermore is uncraftable for those who haven’t purchased Harpy Feathers from the Skritt vendor in the Hinterlands before.

The Harpy Feathers are needed to craft one of the trophies (Nesting Materials) in Nevermore IV. The feathers are account bound and only sold by Skritt Hitkiti after completing the event “Defend the skritt thieves while they steal harpy eggs” in Hinterlands. This event does not start at all on any map IPs, and it’s been like this for months.

I requested help from GM but they were only able to mail me the Rabbit trophy, not Harpy Feathers.

Please fix the event or else people who don’t have the feathers can’t proceed with Nevermore.

Posted by: Ronin.2913

Ronin.2913

Well at least you got the rabbit Trophy sent i got an open ticket still for it,final peice for me so i can complete this thing, Sent the ticket about 20h ago and got reply they are looking into it futher,been at rabit event today for 3,5h and updated ticket about an hour ago still nothing

Posted by: Ronin.2913

Ronin.2913

O my got the mail ingame as i was typing this,best of luck to all of you i fell the frustartion fully

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

I guess that as people receive their trophies this thread will die away. Questions remain still:

Why didn’t they do this in the first place, why take a month?
Why didn’t they just add it to a vendor to sort everyone out?
Most importantly, why do they disrespect their playing and paying customers this much by still, to this day, not having sufficient respect to make a single post. Zero communication = outright disrespect.

Amurond.4590

Also, Nevermore is uncraftable for those who haven’t purchased Harpy Feathers from the Skritt vendor in the Hinterlands before.

The Harpy Feathers are needed to craft one of the trophies (Nesting Materials) in Nevermore IV. The feathers are account bound and only sold by Skritt Hitkiti after completing the event “Defend the skritt thieves while they steal harpy eggs” in Hinterlands. This event does not start at all on any map IPs, and it’s been like this for months.

I did the event a couple of months ago and you’re the first person I’ve seen have problems with it… are you sure? The feathers are also soulbound too by the way.

Kai.7185

I did the event a couple of months ago and you’re the first person I’ve seen have problems with it… are you sure? The feathers are also soulbound too by the way.

Yes, I’m 100% positive. A few month ago when you did it, it wasn’t bugged. If you Google around, you’ll find several reports about this dated around 1 month back. But before knowing that, I’ve been camping at the event for many hours and days straight. While camping, I’ve seen so many others came and left disappointed when they found out it just won’t start. I’m definitely not alone.

Posted by: Harmonier.9082

Harmonier.9082

Can confirm what Kai said above, people who didnt buy Harpy Feathers a while ago cant finish Nevermore, cuz the event is bugged and as a result you cant buy Harpy Feathers. Seriously, you know this event has been bugged for more than 2 (!!!!) years. Search forum for proof. They semi-fixed it some time ago, but the problem is still there now.

Posted by: Harmonier.9082

Harmonier.9082

So many people come to the location of the Harpy Feathers event, but it wont start, dozens of people are waiting there for hours.

Amurond.4590

Yes, I’m 100% positive. A few month ago when you did it, it wasn’t bugged. If you Google around, you’ll find several reports about this dated around 1 month back. But before knowing that, I’ve been camping at the event for many hours and days straight. While camping, I’ve seen so many others came and left disappointed when they found out it just won’t start. I’m definitely not alone.

Yep and I see they fixed it in the recent patch. I wasn’t doubting that it was broken btw, just the time it had been broken for. I can’t remember when I got mine exactly, but it was definitely the in latter half of 2015 – and the event was running when I turned up there.

Anyway, a few fixes for Nevermore today. Better late than never.

(edited by Amurond.4590)

noir.6392

Uhm.. I did the event two weeks ago (because I never had harpy feathers), right on the day they released the new collections. Didn’t wait more than 10 minutes.
It probably broke in the meantime I guess..

Posted by: Arcarius.6148

Arcarius.6148

Combine raven and spirit is bugged, no option at the heropoint to meld.
Also friend of the owl spirit is bugged, i did the event but it didnt give me the trophy it gave me the friend of owl trophy. also the event for friend of owl never happens because the pre event never fails.

Terra.8571

Combine raven and spirit is bugged, no option at the heropoint to meld.
Also friend of the owl spirit is bugged, i did the event but it didnt give me the trophy it gave me the friend of owl trophy. also the event for friend of owl never happens because the pre event never fails.

The combine raven step isn’t bugged – it’s the last step in the collection. If you look at the collection, from top left to this item, you are making a primed raven. From bottom right to this item you are making a cultivated spirit. You cannot do this final step (of combining the two) until you have done all other steps.

The owl one’s just got the two trophies the other way round. You got the minion of jormag one so need to now (probably through a closing map) get the shaman event to fail to open up the chain for the other event.

Not condoning the game design but there are no bugs (since harpy feather was fixed) that I am aware of with the collection just frustrating game design. Good luck with nevermore.

Arcarius.6148

That makes no sense, why wouldnt it be the last item in the collection if you’re supposed to do it last it says bring your primed raven and a vision crystal it doesnt mention having to do all the other stuff first, anyway the trophies for the owl spirit are the wrong way round so its the never failing event i need to fail that needs doing for that.

Another event thats bugged is the herd the pygmy moas, its frozen half way through with no more moas about so i cant finish it.

Terra.8571

That makes no sense, why wouldnt it be the last item in the collection if you’re supposed to do it last it says bring your primed raven and a vision crystal it doesnt mention having to do all the other stuff first, anyway the trophies for the owl spirit are the wrong way round so its the never failing event i need to fail that needs doing for that.

Another event thats bugged is the herd the pygmy moas, its frozen half way through with no more moas about so i cant finish it.

For the moas – its a known bug, only work around is map swapping.

If you read the description of each collection item then they do make sense.

For the final one (the one in the middle you think is bugged):

“Take your primed raven and a vision crystal to the Raven Shaman’s power source hidden within Darkhoof heights in Snowden Drifts and use it to meld your Raven with the tamed Spirit you have cultivated

You have no tamed spirit so you cannot fuse the raven with it. The spirit is obtained by finishing the lower half of the collection. The collection makes sense, AN can’t do anything if people misinterpret/ don’t read them.

What they can’t be excused is some poor game design (requiring events to fail) and bugs preventing progression. Currently, nevermore can be completed but I wouldn’t be surprised if things like the harpy feathers event gets bugged.

(edited by Terra.8571)

Arcarius.6148

Well i stood here all kittening day and finally got the event to fail so the otherone starts and it didnt give me the trophy GG anet GG what a great game design this is. what a kittening waste of my time.

Arcarius.6148

Protect the owl spirits from Jormag’s minions rewards the defeat the hunters trophy, and protect the owl spirits doesnt reward any trophy.

Ive stood here for days waiting for the protect event to happen because the preceding event never fails and when it does finally happen it doesnt give any trophy. This is very bad game design and very frustrating and makes me want to stop playing.
please send me the friend of the owl spirit trophy item.

Terra.8571

Protect the owl spirits from Jormag’s minions rewards the defeat the hunters trophy, and protect the owl spirits doesnt reward any trophy.

Ive stood here for days waiting for the protect event to happen because the preceding event never fails and when it does finally happen it doesnt give any trophy. This is very bad game design and very frustrating and makes me want to stop playing.
please send me the friend of the owl spirit trophy item.

Do you mind explaining exactly what you did to try and get the second trophy (The one which requires the shaman to build the totem). Reason being, a friend of mine did it and he got the trophy so I just want to see if it’s a bug or you may have missed a step.