New Build + New Character Intro bug

New Build + New Character Intro bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This has happened to me once before.
I made a new character and was running through the intro leading up to the intro boss. While unlocking my skills a message popped up stating that there was a new build available and that my client would restart in forty-five minutes, 5 minutes later, 40 minutes until restart. Cool.

Less than 5 minutes later I defeat the intro boss and went into the story screens. I hit skip to the end, as I’ve watched it before. Immediately my client closes and I am at the login screen downloading the update that I was going to wait until I finished the intro to log out to download.

Ok, not that big a deal still.

The problem is, as has happened to me before in this scenario, is that I must do the whole intro all over again. I can go through it again quickly, but that is totally unnecessary and, frankly, it’s rude and a bad impression to make on those just playing for the first time that happen to be starting when a new build is released.. I still had over 35 minutes before my client was due to auto restart to get the build.

Just thought you would want to know that players that are going through the intro when a new build is released are forced to do the whole intro all over again.

Also, my writing “45” where I wrote “forty-five” was marked as a curse word and replaced with “kitten”…very odd.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |