New Build in 3 Hours is inaccurate

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Towards the end of our 3rd fractal, we got the message, a new build will occur in 3 hours. That was ten minutes ago. One minute ago we were all booted from the game while the patch comes in, and now I’ll have to start over the fractal run from scratch. This also means for me that It’ll take an extra day to get a time-gated ascended ring. I’m really frustrated with this and I think that a more appropriate warning for when the patch would happen should’ve been used so my time wouldn’t be wasted. Sorry to complain, but seriously?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

Same here in HoTW dungeon, boss had 5% life left

Posted by: lesliejb.3615

lesliejb.3615

Same here. My team and I were at the end of the ice fractal after having completed the krait and cliffside ones. We were approaching the boss, about 5-10 mins after the “3 hours to new build” message, when we were all kicked.

So now we have to restart the entire run, when we were mere minutes away from our maw.

Severely kitten ed off.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Funny, we got the message that it was one hour and it was 5 minutes. Reboot right in the middle of a long story quest, right at the end.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

SAME HERE. I think we should be compensated for this lack of warning. Sure we knew the patch would come out on this day, but uaually it wou;d’ve been put in like 3 hours ago. They NEED to tell us at least a day ahead of time when exactly the patch will be implemented so we don’t end up wasting our time

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Same here, had Subject Alpha down to 25% health at the end of path 3 and boom kicked.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Cyber.1798

Cyber.1798

SAME HERE. I think we should be compensated for this lack of warning. Sure we knew the patch would come out on this day, but uaually it wou;d’ve been put in like 3 hours ago. They NEED to tell us at least a day ahead of time when exactly the patch will be implemented so we don’t end up wasting our time

same here… but my rant is about world bosses… close but no cigar.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/ANET-THIS-HAS-TO-STOP/first#post2471271

Posted by: Soles.3295

Soles.3295

Yeah this happened to my party too while we were on our 2nd fractal in fractal 30. There is probably nothing they can do to fix this for us but I really wish they would’ve been more careful >.<.

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

Same here. My team and I were at the end of the ice fractal after having completed the krait and cliffside ones. We were approaching the boss, about 5-10 mins after the “3 hours to new build” message, when we were all kicked.

So now we have to restart the entire run, when we were mere minutes away from our maw.

Severely kitten ed off.

And it was a good run too!

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

OH NOEZ ANET ARE LYERZ!!

Seriously people…minor inconvenience for a few hours. It’s build day…you don’t expect some down time? People complain about the oddest things sometimes.

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

Downtime I have no problem with, it’s expected. To be told you have 3 hours to finish then get kicked 10 mins later? That’s just frustrating.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

OH NOEZ ANET ARE LYERZ!!

Seriously people…minor inconvenience for a few hours. It’s build day…you don’t expect some down time? People complain about the oddest things sometimes.

This is the first time it’s happened, if people have spent a good amount of time in something only to be kicked out in the end they have the right to be annoyed.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It was 1hr in-game time, duh.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

OH NOEZ ANET ARE LYERZ!!

This is the first time it’s happened, if people have spent a good amount of time in something only to be kicked out in the end they have the right to be annoyed.

I guess you’re new then? Every time I’m on for a patch or update it says the game will restart in 1-2 or 2-3 hours and then the reset usually happens within a half hour or less.

Or did that not happen with fractals/dungeons previously?

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

When you are in a dungeon or fractals and the build happens you get 3 hours to finish before the game forces you off, unlike in the open world where you have 3 minutes. That’s what we’re talking about.

Edit: it actually happened 10 mins after we got the 3 hour warning.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Ah I see…I don’t play dungeons or fractals so I wasn’t aware of that. Carry on!

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

Well it sucks. However, at least it’s not like other mmo’s that are down all day for patches. Then you wouldn’t have the opportunity to do anything.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Towards the end of our 3rd fractal, we got the message, a new build will occur in 3 hours. That was ten minutes ago. One minute ago we were all booted from the game while the patch comes in, and now I’ll have to start over the fractal run from scratch. This also means for me that It’ll take an extra day to get a time-gated ascended ring. I’m really frustrated with this and I think that a more appropriate warning for when the patch would happen should’ve been used so my time wouldn’t be wasted. Sorry to complain, but seriously?

Normally when a patch hits it allows people in instances (dungeons and fractals) 3 hours to complete.

Note that this does not mean the patch will come in 3 hours, it means the patch has already come but they’re giving you 3 hours on the old build to finish up what you were doing.

Usually you’re fine unless you leave the instance, but I guess in this case something went wrong.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, i really want in game messages to reflect what actually happens. Off by 10 minutes; fine. But that…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.