New Content Causing Crashing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

constantly since ive done this new content that came out the game has been crashing everytime i try to log into my character so basically the game is unplayable anet need to be fixed now please i wanna play the game i paid for.

Lordryux.9785

as u can see in the screenshot its saying i have 0% of the map complete as thats impossible because i am in kessex this new content has bugged all my characters and i cant log in at all without the game crashing. Now ur goona say well its my computer.

But i know for a fact its not because before this update i was playing fine with no crashing at all period point blank so obviously there is something wrong here.

Attachments:

Lordryux.9785

come on anyone ?

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

For me, the game keeps crashing at the Frozen Maw meta now right in the moment when the now toxically corrupted Svanir Shaman would die. I tried it with two different characters on two different servers and had this crash both times exactly when the boss died. When trying to log in with the character afterwards on the server that had the boss, the game will keep crashing over and over. However, I could log in with other characters or with the same character on a different server. I also got the daily bonus chest for the first character that I tried doing the Maw with, but I never got the normal chest on the ground. After a few minutes, probably when that ground chest has despawned, I am able to log in with the character and server again without crashing.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the Toxic Spore Cleanser achievement has advanced for the Svanir Shaman despite the crashes.

(edited by Sapphirine.1023)

Lordryux.9785

i havnt been able to log in for almost 2 hours now so yea… all my characters are showing 0% map complete and are bugged when trying to log in. this new content is pretty much destroying what little playtime i have left and tbh i see the support people commenting on regular crap as we speak yet nothing about this problem so. yea.. im really fed up atm.

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

Posted by: Freienstein.3927

Freienstein.3927

For me, the game keeps crashing at the Frozen Maw meta now right in the moment when the now corrupted Svanir Shaman would die. I tried it with two different characters on two different servers and had this crash both times exactly when the boss died. When trying to log in with the character afterwards on the server that had the boss, the game will keep crashing over and over. However, I could log in with other characters or with the same character on a different server. I also got the daily bonus chest for the first character that I tried doing the Maw with, but I never got the normal chest on the ground. After a few minutes, probably when that ground chest has despawned, I am able to log in with the character and server again without crashing.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the Toxic Spore Cleanser achievement has advanced for the Svanir Shaman despite the crashes.

Same here, got the crash when the boss died, could relog after chest had despawned.

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Same happened to my, also at the end of The Frozen Maw event (Drakkar-Lake). Really annoying, please fix this asap.

Posted by: skull the man.5027

skull the man.5027

Was about to beat Maw and game kicked me. Trying to get back onto my main toon and cannot get onto game. Tried other toons and it works, however I go back to main and cannot get on with that toon. anyone experiences this issue?

Posted by: Crowshou.6091

Crowshou.6091

ay, this event is bugged now, i could only enter again after the world chest vanished…

Posted by: Kaptenkrok.5610

Kaptenkrok.5610

I have the same issue today.

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

Same here. I cannont log my main character, and crash report sent.

edit: After the boss chest despawned I could log my character again.

(edited by Brindled.2179)

Posted by: Redshirted Ensign.3418

Redshirted Ensign.3418

I also crashed at the end of a maw event, and now can’t play. I can get as far as character selection but then the game crashes.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Same as well, cannot retrieve character from the map the Maw takes place in.

Posted by: juggulator.2907

juggulator.2907

Happened just now as well. Poodles…

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Our programmers are investigating right now.

Thanks for the reports!

Posted by: Baron.6783

Baron.6783

Managed to log in twice but after 5mins im getting the dreaded black screen but still audible bug..

Only since this patch:/

Bit gutted as i just finished an event an it did it before i could grab the loot:(

Lordryux.9785

i still cant log in at all and this isnt frm the maw event this is from the new tower content itself.

Sapphirine.1023

Maybe both crash bugs are somehow related, Lordryux. I hope they’ll fix both of those problems at once somehow.

Posted by: terzaerian.8624

terzaerian.8624

The game’s stability has been declining rapidly with the past few updates and I am starting to lose patience; that stability was what attracted me in the first place.

[[ GW2 Wiki ]] [[ Steam Profile ]]

Posted by: Pro Creator.2937

Pro Creator.2937

Just delivered the killing blow to Boss at Maw, crashed. Reload, log in, select character, loading into Wayfarer’s, CRASH. Repeated 3 times, came here….

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

Sapphirine.1023

Yeah, guest to a different server if you want to log in with your character again right after Maw and change the map. Or wait a few minutes, then it will work on the original server again as well.

Pro Creator.2937

UPDATE!!! If you log into a different character, it does not crash. The one I just completed an event for (MAW) still crashes but others can still log in and not crash. I just would not recommend completing an event with that character until they get a fix.

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

Pro Creator.2937

Is it just the Maw that is crashing folks? I have heard people say it was an event, but was it the same event? Let’s get some clues together since ANET isn’t saying anything so far. I am sure they are working on it, but lets be honest, they are not the best at communicating with their community during a crisis. Maybe we the players can figure out how to protect ourselves from the crash until they say something.

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

Lordryux.9785

i have not done maw at all i was currently doing the new content the tower thing and after i finished the story map was loading and it crashed so i basically brought the game back up and saw that my map completion was 0% as how is that even possible when even my 80 characters had to enter a map period right? so i tried logging into another character crashed again and again on all my characters so now all of them are bugged and i cant get ingame at all.

Pro Creator.2937

Try switchin servers. That worked for me. Good Luck.

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

For me, the game keeps crashing at the Frozen Maw meta now right in the moment when the now toxically corrupted Svanir Shaman would die. I tried it with two different characters on two different servers and had this crash both times exactly when the boss died. When trying to log in with the character afterwards on the server that had the boss, the game will keep crashing over and over. However, I could log in with other characters or with the same character on a different server. I also got the daily bonus chest for the first character that I tried doing the Maw with, but I never got the normal chest on the ground. After a few minutes, probably when that ground chest has despawned, I am able to log in with the character and server again without crashing.

I had a crash at the moment the maw died, and now cannot login on that character without getting kicked out of the game. Three attempts to switch to that char throw me out of the game with a debug message to send to ArenaNet.

[update:] After the chest despawned, I could login on the character in question, and did have the “bonus” chest waiting for me. But, all other loot is long gone.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

(edited by MarMaster.6241)

Sapphirine.1023

Lordryux, has the patch fixed your problems with logging in?

Posted by: Baron.6783

Baron.6783

Im still getting a random black screen every now an then, its pretty annoying tbh as its only since this update:/

Started a new toon and was just at the end of the first Story quest & poof! Gone again..

Please sort this out as its a tad well.. grrrr

Posted by: Brubaker Hilton.3846

Brubaker Hilton.3846

2 separate computers / 2 separate accounts and have had many client disconnects since the new content update 10/29. When we are not disconnecting, all button presses are very unresponsive (up to 10 secs to be acknowledged by the server). Game is almost unplayable.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Like the poster above me, I still suffer from constant lag and disconnects. I had no such issue before the patch.

This lag also occurs in areas not part of the new content.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA