New Phantasm Problem with 12/3/12 Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xerek.7864

Xerek.7864

With today’s patch the mesmer phantasms have received a new bug.

There is now a 1-2 second delay before a phantasm attacks, if they attack at all. This means in most cases the phantasm will die before it attacks.

Berzerker problems are present.

Anything further? Add to it:

• Phantasmal Healing was not fixed contrary to the statement that on-phantasm boon traits are fixed. Phantasmal healing is still inconsistent between phantasms, ranging from 10 second pulse on iWarden, to 3 second pulse on iDuellist.
  • iWarlock is also having an issue with their attacks going over and passed a target instead of actually hitting it.
  • signet of illusion is not applying extra health to illusions.
  • BOTH the iWhaler and iMariner attack immediately, seemingly unaffected by the bug.

(edited by Xerek.7864)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Phantasmal Healing was not fixed contrary to the statement that on-phantasm boon traits are fixed. Phantasmal healing is still inconsistent between phantasms, ranging from 10 second pulse on iWarden, to 3 second pulse on iDuellist.

Note: iDuellist has the more workable pulse gap. Please don’t homogenise iDuellist to 10 seconds instead of fixing the other to 3.

And yes I can confirm phantasms now kitten out and don’t attack for 2-3 seconds after spawning, typically resulting in them dying without attacking

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Posted by: boroguy.5690

boroguy.5690

I can confirm delay in every phantasm, making them useless, iBerserker is probably the most affected, missing its target completely after 2-3 sec wait. That is, if it did not die while twiddling his thumbs. What. The. Frick.

Posted by: Gilaborn.2461

Gilaborn.2461

Yep phantasms are not working at all. I will take broken traits over broken phantasms any day. However I can confirm with this bug that there is a major delay with phantasms attack animations. iWarlock is also having an issue with their attacks going over and passed a target instead of actually hitting it. I’ve been testing it out on the dummies in LA and 2 of 3 phantasmal warlocks are completely missing the target every single attack. Also phantasm regen boon is not working as well as the signet of illusion is not applying extra health to illusions. Would love to see this fixed ASAP.

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

I have also confirmed this issue.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

Posted by: agenciq.8043

agenciq.8043

confirmed. Well, now you can say that this class is totally useless.

Agentka
Former TXS Alliance Leader,
now Northern Lights EU community Leader

Ryuujin.8236

confirmed. Well, now you can say that this class is totally useless.

We’ve still got portal!

cough ¬_¬

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Beachead.4127

Can we get a response? You commented on a pve mob bug but can’t comment on a class breaking mechanic?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

boroguy.5690

They’re busy figuring out where the missing goggles in Metrica Province went

(edited by Moderator)

Ryuujin.8236

They’re busy figuring out where the missing goggles in Metrica Province went…

So I wasn’t the only one thinking the same thing

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

They really have to look into the many bugs the mesmer received since the Nov 15th patch and that one today.

It is game breaking!

There are so many issues which should be fixed asap.

Posted by: Sorrow.7384

Sorrow.7384

Would love an update from Anet here to acknowledge there is a problem and an ETA on a fix, please.

(edited by Sorrow.7384)

Posted by: jcdish.7198

jcdish.7198

This is incredibly frustrating. I was already slowly burning out from rng not dropping infused rings for me. Now I find out that Anet’s priorities are fixing fractal exploits, which is something that really didn’t detract from the fun people were having. The things that were un-fun, like the DC issue, rng screwing some people out of rings (and thus progression) are left to yet another patch.

And then I see that they broke cliffside, which made FotM not worth doing at all until some player finds a confirmed workaround to the boss issue.

Aaaaaaaaand then I find out that they broke phantasms further, which means I’m now subpar dps in dungeons, and can’t kill enemies in WvW. I can’t even go do some jumping puzzles to pass the time, cos hey, Anet broke jumping too.

Sorry, Anet. Your game is no longer fun.

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I was managing with the previous iZerk bug, now all my phantasms take 1-2 seconds from spawning before initiating their attacks.

This needs to be URGENTLY FIXED..the class is utterly broken at this point

Beachead.4127

Elementalists got a response to their game breaking bug but we still sit here waiting. WTF

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

Posted by: Xerek.7864

Xerek.7864

I’ve noticed that the Mariner doesn’t seem to be affected by this bug. Confirmation anyone?

Posted by: Newgates.5218

Newgates.5218

Anet please just bring back the old phantasms that were hitting correct damage and leave them that way for good.. Its really frustrating how we mesmers have to change builds and weapons just to “survive” each patch. And now we get this kind of bug that affects ALL weapons? GREAT.
This really reflects poorly on the company’s game testing system.

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

There is now almost 2-3 second delay before any of our izerks, iwardens, etc actually do anything.

It is game breaking for our class..

Could you see a thief that waits 3 secs for stealth to kick in, or a guardian that has to wait 3 seconds for their virtues to fire?

It is a huge bug for our class.

That one person.

boroguy.5690

I’ve noticed that the Mariner doesn’t seem to be affected by this bug. Confirmation anyone?

Just tested, I can confirm BOTH the iWhaler and iMariner attack immediately, seemingly unaffected by the bug.

Posted by: Aesthioseae.6415

Aesthioseae.6415

Please fix this, Anet.

Thank you,
Aesth

Sunreva.8714

The izerk bug was annoying but the class was still playable.

Mesmer is now completely broken, ALL phantasms take 1-2 seconds before initiating their attack. This issue needs to be urgently fixed, because it game breaking issue for the class.

Can we get a confirmation or even an acknowledgement that it exists?

Posted by: Cayafas.8290

Cayafas.8290

Can confirm that phantasmal healing still has a long delay before kicking in properly.

boroguy.5690

This is the most viewed thread without a Dev response on the front page of the bug forum!

Posted by: Gilaborn.2461

Gilaborn.2461

ROLLBACK OR FIX!

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

Figures. I roll a Mesmer and when I start to enjoy it, everything just shatters. Get it? Shatter? ’Cause Mesmer?

No really. This is ridiculous.

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Sure this was addressed, but the damage output by the phantasms is laughable now, too. This intentional or bugged as well? I mean, that’s if they even get the chance to attack before dying…

Posted by: Demoralizer.1849

Demoralizer.1849

We had to get used to the IBerserker bug missing some hits, but now plus this… way too game-breaking.

Navi.7142

It was game breaking before (since Nov 15th), it is now even more game breaking and guess, what? It will continue to be/ become game breaking more and more and more..

Unless they react and reconsider what they’ve done and fix it then asap.

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i love how ANET have atleast acknowledged and responded to every major bug introduced in the patch in these forums, EXCEPT for the mesmer bugs.

Navi.7142

Yeah, but we know we have to wait. There is a slight chance that Karl likes the mesmer and will respond* how he did it last time in the mesmer forum.

But it could also be that the mesmer issue gets ignored, what means we – they players – are ignored. Players = customers = paying money

Anyway, I am sure they will talk to us. <3

*doesn’t mean that anything will be fixed!

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Happy Wintersday Mesmers!

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

Would love to hear anything from Anet about this

That one person.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It is beyond anet to say something along the lines of “yes we are aware of this bug”?

Sunreva.8714

It’s late..probably all home already.

boroguy.5690

Would love to hear anything from Anet about this

See this thread. Still no response, but this is the main thread regard the phantasm issue.

Posted by: Cube.4905

Cube.4905

After patch I cant even use my phantasmal swordsman. I literally cannot use the skill or link it to chat.

Deka – Maguuma

Posted by: Cube.4905

Cube.4905

I can’t even summon my sword offhand phantasm anymore. That’s beyond broken, I cannot link the skill to chat or use it. It just doesn’t work, nice job

Deka – Maguuma

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

The patch was intended to break the game I’m thinking. Everything everywhere is going wrong. It is hard to tell if ArenaNet simply broke that much content? Or is all that broken content being caused by one bug?

Our Mesmer in the Fractals fell to the bottom of the frac and was stuck. They used /stuck and ended up in another frac, then we all suicided to have the Mes rejoin us at our checkpoint. Then our “mission” in the top right corner was for the other frac that the Mes got kicked into! And the last boss (Colossus Frac) glitched out and no adds spawned to kill the last Seal. We suicided again. We killed the boss and the frac kicked us all back to the Asura area. It was our first frac of the night, so we should have had 2 more (odd number lvl), but instead got kicked out. Boy, what a night.

This was all while the Mes kept saying how their skills were not working right. They were complaining that their clone/illusions weren’t working right, but didn’t specify how so.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

lol, go to heart o the mists and cast izerker on the running robot and watch you get MAYBE one hit on him as it chases him like a fool and starts way out of range. gg anet, most fail gaming company especially dealing with community and crucial bugs.

Keep worrying about diving goggles in metrica province as you lose the hardcore players.

Posted by: Robin Hood.8123

Robin Hood.8123

This class was not only my first one, also i liked this class most than all others in the game.

And now to see how a-net is breaking this class with this big bug apart, makes me sad and also angry cause now my phantasm gets first a hit from a npc BEFORE he even start to do ANYTHING. Very bad when you have to fight against more than one npc or when your opponent are running away from you (PvP, WvWvW), or is a Veteran or Champion.

And because of the little amount of health that phantasms have, this means a lot of damage loss, forcing me to change my game-play or my class or to quit playing this game when like in my case, the mesmer was the only class i wanted to play in Gw2.

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Can we please get some response towards Mesmers? I’m quite frankly thinking of not playing this game well until past new years if this doesn’t get addressed at least verbally.

Posted by: Robin Hood.8123

Robin Hood.8123

I hope this ‘bug’ is not an intended change in the game-play of the mesmer cause i really can´t imagine how to ‘bug’ this. I mean it seems to me, this is only a parameter input WHEN the phantasms have to start attack when casted.

(edited by Robin Hood.8123)

Posted by: MegaBUD.2097

MegaBUD.2097

They dont really care…

Did you pay that 60$? yes? good…

Did you buy gems for halloween? yes? good…

Just go on Orr… most events are still broken and we are 3 months in…

But sureeeee the game looks “good”. Yet unplayable…

We cant even jump anymore…

Posted by: kazinnud.4381

kazinnud.4381

I like how they couldn’t fix that distortion from blurred frenzy wasn’t activating the reflection trait, so they just changed the tooltip.

Posted by: kazinnud.4381

kazinnud.4381

They fixed the reflection trait for Blurred Frenzy, though! They changed the tooltip. Now you are blurred instead of distorted

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

The izerk bug was annoying but the class was still playable.

Mesmer is now completely broken, ALL phantasms take 1-2 seconds before initiating their attack. This issue needs to be urgently fixed, because it game breaking issue for the class.

Can we get a confirmation or even an acknowledgement that it exists?

Seems like a summoned pet issue; My Hounds of Balthazar take a while to attack as well. They just stood there looking really dumb for a few seconds.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I’ve been playing a Mesmer as my main character since beta, so I don’t say this lightly, but….

If they break the Mesmer class any further without fixing at least SOMETHING they’ve broken or simply failed to fix before, I’m out. I’m done. I won’t come back until they finally decide to do something good for this previously awesome class. I love my Mesmer, and I can’t stand to watch all this crap happen with no fixes on the horizon. I don’t even freaking PvP! Every single patch for a while now has only made things worse for me.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: pengfx.8376

pengfx.8376

Nice bug with no confirmation from Anet, awesome. Love how much attention mesmers get on the forums.

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Reposting from Mesmer subform thread:

“The way Phantasms are behaving now is the way Phantasms behaved before the patch if you didn’t take any of the traits that applied boons to your Phantasms. Since many Mesmers took either Phantasmal Fury or Vengeful Images, there was not a lot of awareness of this issue. If you took either of those or both of those traits, your Phantasms would attack immediately upon summons. Without the traits, there would be a delay between summoning the Phantasm and the Phantasm attacking.
I assume that when they fixed all the boon giving traits to work they ended up removing the instant-attacking Phantasm behavior. Intentional or not, this is a bad change. Phantasms become far less reliable. This is a playability issue. If you cast a spell and the spell doesn’t “go off”, then the class you’re playing becomes far less reliable. People are noticing this change mostly with Zerker because the quick cripple is vital to the playstyle. Now that reliable cripple is no longer reliable and the playability of the class drops off.”

So this was a bug that previously existed, but the broken boon traits somehow changed the Phantasm attack behavior. It is hard to say whether the old broken boon trait behavior or the untraited behavior was the intended behavior for Phantasms.

The Warlock bug is old as well, dating back to the November patch. I haven’t tested to see if its worsened with this patch.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

The way Phantasms are behaving now is the way Phantasms behaved before the patch if you didn’t take any of the traits that applied boons to your Phantasms. Since many Mesmers took either Phantasmal Fury or Vengeful Images, there was not a lot of awareness of this issue. If you took either of those or both of those traits, your Phantasms would attack immediately upon summons.

I have vengeful images, and I can confirm that I have a delay in phantasm attack.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!