New Phantasm Problem with 12/3/12 Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Robin Hood.8123

Robin Hood.8123

I have both, Phantasmal Fury AND Vengeful Images and i also can confirm to have a delay in phantasm attack.

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

I can assure we are looking into it.

The issue regarding the regeneration trait being spotty is that Phantasms don’t apply it to themselves, but in an AoE around them (ignoring themselves). So if you have more than 1 Phantasm close to each other, they’ll apply it to each other (plus you and other nearby allies).

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Thank you very much for communicating.
Please stay in touch with us, whether we can expect a fix or it is intended to work that way, as soon as possible.

And PLEASE have a look into all the other bugs which occurred with the patch from the 15th November: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

The issue regarding the regeneration trait being spotty is that Phantasms don’t apply it to themselves, but in an AoE around them (ignoring themselves). So if you have more than 1 Phantasm close to each other, they’ll apply it to each other (plus you and other nearby allies).

Thank you for letting us know you are looking into it, it is very much appreciated.

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

More comprehensive list here…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmer-List-of-bugged-abilities-and-traits/first

Also, I refuse to believe that Blurred Frenzy’s invincibility comes from Blur (something totally non-existent otherwise) and not Distortion – they share the same kitten icon from day one. So please don’t try to cover the bug on Masterful Reflection (Distortion grants Reflection) not working for Blurred Frenzy. I traited towards a double sword build almost solely for that reason.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Ross Biddle there is a simple solution to your problem. Don’t come here. Anet get’s quite a lot of praise from the community, however that praise starts to turn into constructive criticism (gets ignored). Then it turns into frustration (gets ignored). Go troll somewhere else if you don’t like what’s posted here. Yes people will complain when something in game (which they’ve paid for) is not working as it’s intended too and hasn’t for weeks. When things like Goggles not being in the right place or too high drop rates (which are not game breaking) get hot fixed faster than light speed.. Kitten off.

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

yup i also noticed this, and reported it weeks ago, annd nothing……;D i do hear “we are looking into it” a whole darn lot…..id like some actions instead of words. i dont even pvp anymore, its just stupid atm summon phantasm and it dies before it attacks, or the fact that ibeserker does half the dmg it used to do, 1 nerf after another without anything in return. i just do my daily, maybe fractal and logg off to do something else tht is less frustrating.

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle there is a simple solution to your problem. Don’t come here. Anet get’s quite a lot of praise from the community, however that praise starts to turn into constructive criticism (gets ignored). Then it turns into frustration (gets ignored). Go troll somewhere else if you don’t like what’s posted here. Yes people will complain when something in game (which they’ve paid for) is not working as it’s intended too and hasn’t for weeks. When things like Goggles not being in the right place or too high drop rates (which are not game breaking) get hot fixed faster than light speed.. Kitten off.

Hehe, ok.

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I like how they couldn’t fix that distortion from blurred frenzy wasn’t activating the reflection trait, so they just changed the tooltip.

OH YEAH that one made me roll eyes and laugh ! Blurr ? Really !? Since when mesmer use BLURR ??? Is it in other skills ? Or in other professions ? Nope.

Posted by: Effek.4653

Effek.4653

We need outcome, how long do you need to test it? the majority of mesmer’s here really not happy with the changes. CAN WE JUST HAVE THE PROBLEMS TO BE FIX WE DON’T WANT PLAY A BROKEN CLASS AND WE DON’T WANT TO ROLL OTHER CLASS EITHER. PLEASE DON’T GIVE US FALSE PROMISE.

I’m really Pissed right now, is all good before the Freaeking LOS fixed and now from an enjoyable class become a frustration and worthless class. We need to be done ASAP please. I beg you for that don’t spoil the fun of a mesmer already.

Why only address the regeneration traits, the dev doesn’t talk about the delay of phantasms and the damage reductions, where is the fix we should get please reply to us we need your response definitely.

Please give me a serious and transparent reply, Don’t hide the fix and trying to “Pingpong” the situation here. I have been waiting the fix of iberserker damage for 3weeks already. And the only response we got are " we are looking into it" instead of " we are fixing it and we will come out a patch to fix that ".

(edited by Effek.4653)

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Yet another ‘looking into it’? How much gazing into problems can you possible do? What about fixing instead of admiring the handiwork? Do you even understand what you’re doing to the class with these bugs?

Two weeks since the iBerzerker bug. Next patch comes and ’you’re looking into it’ but now you’re ‘looking into it’ for another bug you’ve introduced. So now you’re ‘looking into it’ for both and it makes me fear for the next patch because at some point we’ll have all of your two designers more busy beatifically ‘looking into it’ instead of fixing the kitten things.

Fix what is broke first, kitten then try to balance!

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Funny is that on reddit there was complaints that they’re bugfixing instead of balancing. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’ve lost completely confidence that this will be looked into in a timely manner. We are still waiting on the bug fixes from the patch before. My mesmer is my only level 80 character. It’s my only character with exotic gear. Dungeons and fractals are out. Wintersday will just be annoying to play a mesmer in, if it is anything like the other monthly events. I’ve officially lost respect for Anet.

Posted by: velestra.9415

velestra.9415

how about you actual test s*it before u deploy a patch and by the looks of it the berserker damagenerf is a nerf.

else you would have fixed it with this patch, its complety useless now

cast berserker, afks, gets killed by npc/player before even attacking gg

its a kittening joke how you guys handle your customers and fixing serious game issues

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

Love the game but to completely make a class unplayable is irresponsible.

Patches should be thoroughly tested before being released as every time there are patches to fix something, more and more bugs are being incorporated into the game and it’s getting a bit out of control.

Not being able to play a class because it’s too bugged is just not good enough sorry.

Posted by: Macha.9160

Macha.9160

Don’t forget, we are still op! We have portals!

/sarcasm off

Posted by: Valle.3406

Valle.3406

Come on… each patch have basically added new bugs to the mesmer class and yet no real fixes have been made. How long should we wait? If you don’t want people to play the class just remove it – don’t let us waste more time, hoping for a fix.

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Speaking as a loyal CUSTOMER (I have been here since GW 1 launch) with 1,200 hours invested in GW2 … Have any of you paused to think about the impact these sweeping changes you keep making have on your playerbase? Do you care?

You broke GS Mesmer on 11/15 and didn’t revert or patch it. Your follow up on 12/03 was to kill it? REALLY? Just issue a press release telling everyone to re-roll warrior. There is no way you can call this balance in any way shape or form. If the Warrior is the pinnacle of balance (must be since they are never nerfed) then you bring the other classes UP to the Warrior which creates BALANCE. This can be called balance when EVERY class in the game has a 2 second delay before anything happens.

I personally am on the last step of my Legendary weapon it happens to be Twilight that I am making. You people have effectively made those 1,200 hours I have invested POINTLESS. For the love of God stop nerfing the Mesmer or revert back to common sense and unlink weapon type from the skills like in GW1. What is the point of a Legendary weapon you can no longer use because someone went insane with the “balance” stick?

Am I livid? Yes, I am … you would be too.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m not surprised that this happened. Devs seem to only test warrior anyway. Do you have anyone that actually plays mesmer?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

Bite the bullet and just rollback. Anytime a patch introduces more (substantial/playerbase maddening) problems than it fixes, you are doing a disservice by letting the problems persist. Rollback, have someone in QA actually test the mesmer, fix, retest, then redeploy. How did QA miss this one?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Update – in the mesmer forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasms-retested-after-12-3/first#post919872

“Working as intended” according to Jon Peters, the absence of a delay was in fact a “bug” and now they’ve “fixed” it. So I’ll doubt we’ll see a fix, because heaven forbid anyone buff mesmer

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

SteepledHat.1345

No, Jon said it was always there, but we weren’t noticing the delay. Said it was there since BWE2.

Ryuujin.8236

No, Jon said it was always there, but we weren’t noticing the delay. Said it was there since BWE2.

It has been there since BWE2, any Mesmer worth his salt knew if you didn’t take phantasmal fury or phantasmal vengeance of whatever it was called your phantasms had a delay before attacking. It was widely assumed the delay was a bug and thus you’d always take one of those two traits as a workaround

Now they “fixed” those two traits it turns out the delay is a “feature” and the absence of the delay was the bug.

Also, exact wording aside it doesn’t change the fact according to the devs this is not a bug and we’re stuck with it now

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

SteepledHat.1345

Nah, people will just quit mesmer. No one is stuck with it. You can always roll warrior.

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

We now appear to have conflicting statements on this issue.

A response in this thread indicates that it’s an issue being looked into, meanwhile JonPeters posted in another thread that: “Fyi, the delay on first attack has been present since BWE2. It is there for balance reasons to give enemies a moment to react to the powerful summon.” —-———meaning ‘working as intended’.

Can we get some clarification? My phantasms get off their attacks about 50% of the time now because they are killed from simply standing in place for 1-2 seconds before initiating their attacks. I find it difficult to believe this is working as intended

Ryuujin.8236

Can we get some clarification? My phantasms get off their attacks about 50% of the time now because they are killed from simply standing in place for 1-2 seconds before initiating their attacks. I find it difficult to believe this is working as intended

It’s a PvP/PvE conflict (as usual). The delay is so players can respond to the new threat, but the AI has perfect reflexes, any delay is enough to let an NPC turn around and land an attack on the phantasm first if they arn’t already occupied.

Similarly in the meat grinder of WvW, phantasms end up dying in the crossfire before they act

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

“Looking into it” is a safe answer so they or said poster can not be held responsible for them not actually working on it at the timing of the player request. It’s the same reason that support personale in other games have automated answers. Also the same reason Support in this game does not respond and/or look at the Reddit posts. It’s all regulated so that there can be no direct blame from player to faulted person working on said issue. We can only hope it’s solved soon and that some useful feedback is prioritized ahead of nonsense fixes. The game is suffering from cruical bugs and many of the patches (that were not outright repairs to other patches) have had nothing to do with many of the major problems cited by players. And not even the “nerf this, don’t nerf that” ones. The gameplay problem list that keeps growing. At least jump is working again.

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

the delay was indeed intended, but jon realized that the length of the delay traited pre patch was actually balanced, so he reduced the actual delay now to be 0.25 seconds, instead of a little over 1 second.

i think that’s a fine compromise. now fix the berserker damage bug.

Posted by: Foolswalkin.7453

Foolswalkin.7453

You guys sure love kittens.

As a new mesmer, I’d love this to get fixed so I can get through the horribly suck 1-40 grind and arrive at something awesome. Also, please add black light effects and Dio riffs to Mesmer powers. Thank you.

Posted by: chapzin.4210

chapzin.4210

I really was very disappointed with the problem that is happening with my mesmer, it is impossible to maintain a phantasma Berseker at WVW.
Please Anet solve this soon, because if it continues you will end up losing more players. I’ve been in this queue, just have not come out of this game because I like WVW with my mesmer, more now ….

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Ever since the patch on Dec 4th, whenever I summon a Phantasm, there’s a slight delay (about 1 to 2 seconds) between when they appear and when they attack. I’ve only tested it on the Greatsword and Focus clones but the delay feels equal in length for both. I’m seriously hoping this is a bug instead of a nerf as it cripples my fighting style.

Posted by: chapzin.4210

chapzin.4210

Anet if not take any offers on the mesmer with slow attack Berseker phantasma, please warns logo to go find a game where the company does not spoil the fun of people.
I can no longer keep my phantasma live in WVW;
When I go to farm in the cursed phantom dies before attacking or only attacks when bixos are already dead.
In order mesmer was totally useless now.
Still complement saying that many players will not waste time coming to the forum not. Just stop playing because a company that instead of bringing enjoyment and quality in the game is increasingly leaving the game really bad. Today many friends think so, our upgrade had what else they spoiled the game.
PROVIDENCE SOON TAKE IF NOT WANT TO LOSE MORE PLAYERS

(edited by chapzin.4210)

Posted by: Nimruth.4156

Nimruth.4156

i have been sending bug reports since last pacth because of phantasm delay on attacks or lets just say get destroyed before hit anything by some aoe damage. especially greatsword phantasm.. that skill was one of the best skill for mesmers. it cripples also hit well and fast. but now let me tell you an example about the issue; i and one of my gs phantasm was chasing a run away warrior without hittin’ about 3 min around sm(in EB) the phantasm didnt even hit once then i put an end to phantasm misery and pushed to F1 . i just want to say im tired of sending bug reports. its a serious class issue which destroy the balance of classes. im guessing before fixing some visual things you guys should work on that problem, it would be nice. i feel like anet ignoring mesmers or something. if so just say and we can go easy mode with rollin’ some warriors. i hope it ll be fixed as soon as possible. because its kinda boring.