New daily log-in reward on character swap

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Callendor.1840

Callendor.1840

Looks like Anet have made it so that each character has thier own part in bumping up the dailies reward track… I like it, I hope they keep it.

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Looks like Anet have made it so that each character has thier own part in bumping up the dailies reward track… I like it, I hope they keep it.

I don’t think it’s intended as it would be unfair for someone with lots of toon slots. I have 13 level 80 myself but I really don’t want to exploit this unless any of the dev says it’s ok to do so.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

I don’t think it’s intended as it would be unfair for someone with lots of toon slots. I have 13 level 80 myself but I really don’t want to exploit this unless any of the dev says it’s ok to do so.

A few people are know to have 64 toons, i wonder what they are doing right now

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Yeah I have the bug aswel!

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Same here. Also reported via in game support

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

A few people are know to have 64 toons, i wonder what they are doing right now

With 64 toons you can get more than 2 months worth of dailies so yea definitely not intended that way.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Tyranka.5178

Tyranka.5178

Evening,

I came here to report the same issue and I’m glad im not the only one experiencing this.
Apparently, there should be a new build in a couple of minutes, so we will see if it gets fixed then.

Edit nr1: Daily achievement apparently resets too upon a character switch.

(edited by Tyranka.5178)

Posted by: Brenner.9623

Brenner.9623

Have/had this as well.
Login reward + Daily achievement “reset”.
Got it on 4 Characters and don’t dare to log onto another.

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

Guilty here too

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

I have this issue too; I have been logged in twice today, once before and once after patch. When I logged in the second time and got the daily chest again, I just assumed the last time I had logged in must have been before the daily reset and got to work on my dailies, but after swapping characters (the one I started dailies on did not have Iron Marches unlocked, so I needed another for the events there) I got the daily chest again, and all my daily progress had been wiped out.
So, yeah, I don’t dare log into another character until this has been fixed. Hopefully it will be quick, since I like playing different characters. I did not get an extra chest on my JP farming character, though, that is level 25; does that mean below 80’s are safe to play today?

Edit to add: I sent a report once I realised what was wrong. I see there has been a new patch, now; has anyone checked if the issue is gone, yet? I don’t dare trying myself since I have been logged onto more than one character already.

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Combination NC.9813)

Posted by: DaVinci.8574

DaVinci.8574

Admittedly, I have done this 2 times unwittingly realising that it counted as an exploit, if it does. Wish I hadnt, now

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

Seems fixed now, thank the Alchemy, but there was apparently no rollback.

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Well it should be fixed now. Let’s hope that ends this bug

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

Bug not fixed; I’ve re-done the patch and I’ve just logged on to all my alt toons for crafting purposes and I’ve gotten the daily rewards (I was daft enough to accept all).

Am i going to get banned now ? Should I contact support? I have made an ingame bu report for this .

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Posted by: Blue Frog.3269

Blue Frog.3269

Am I allowed to do my Dailies now as usual? I earned 3 extra PVP-Potions, and I dont know what to do with those, aswell as the two additional daily rewards I received, before I reported the exploit.
Am I allowed to just keep those? Business as usual? I would like to have an official statement for this.

Combination NC.9813

I would like to know if there will be a global rollback— I have been doing map completion and wonder if I should stop, in case that entire progress is going to be erased, as well.

Posted by: Aewyn Starfall.9406

Aewyn Starfall.9406

I did this same thing, logged on today. Couldn’t remember if I had gotten my reward and I accepted it and then did my pvp daily as normal. That’d suck to get banned for that. I think I got 2 pvp potions and like 2 tomes of knowledge from my daily.

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Considering I missed out on nearly a month when I was in Europe for three weeks… I did not think six extra chests was going to hurt anything >.> I am still behind the majority of the playerbase.
I think the only ones that would have any ‘ban-worthy’ actions were the folks creating characters for the first bit before that was blocked. Or so said map-chat that folks had done that (I am skeptical since it takes so long).

Realistically, the only thing that really matters is the +2%XP boost… and they can easily reset that to be the max allowable by this time so no one is unfairly ahead of anyone else.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Combination NC.9813

Am I allowed to do my Dailies now as usual? I earned 3 extra PVP-Potions, and I dont know what to do with those, aswell as the two additional daily rewards I received, before I reported the exploit.
Am I allowed to just keep those? Business as usual? I would like to have an official statement for this.

I think so— I just got a reply for my ticket, and the GM who answered said that the problem is fixed, now, and that it is safe to go back to playing other characters. So we should be okay doing our dailies now.

I wonder about the accidental extra rewards too, though. I ended up clicking accept for those extra chests since having them bobbing around in the corner was distracting and a bit annoying.

Posted by: Borlan.2164

Borlan.2164

I had already finished the dailies for the day and was logging on the rest of my characters, when it crashed and when I was finally able to log in the 1st character I logged in gave me a daily chest I opened it by mistake and then I saw my daily stats were all back to 0% I logged off inmediately. we are hoping all we did today will come back. Cos my boyfriend had finished one of the maps after he was done with daylies. We donĀ“t dare logging on his account. :s

Posted by: Zoeynix.3795

Zoeynix.3795

I would like to know that as well. But not because of rollback in my case, but because of all the profit people made, the ones who willingly exploited it (I still think it’s an exploit). :/ If the respond with hot fix is only thing we are going to get, then I hope people who gained dailies for 1-2 weeks within today will surely enjoy the nothingness done about this global and quite acute issue.

Posted by: Aewyn Starfall.9406

Aewyn Starfall.9406

Would be nice to get a dev’s response on this situation. A bit unnerving.

Posted by: Robwars.9386

Robwars.9386

Same here! Opened one extra daily chest without realizing and i think ive done 1 more daily completion achiev than i should have (tought it had resetted at 01:00 gmt+1). Saw we got a patch fixing the chest thing, made an in-game report aswell and gonna leave there my legit 02:00 gmt+1 daily chest and the daily achievement as compensation till an official statement from devs. Good night!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where Daily Login Rewards were given out more frequently than intended.

Posted by: Maulin.8309

Maulin.8309

Now it’s a new day and I have a new daily chest. What do I do with it?

I accidentally opened like 5 chests yesterday since I wanted to log in to all the charrs I usually gather with daily. I think I took rewards from the first two before realizing what was going on. The other rewards I deleted and then I just shut down the game early because I didn’t dare to log onto the other characters I wanted to play anyway.

Seems like my log in calendar is still a few days too far even if the bug itself is gone.

How will you fix this Anet and what should we do?

Posted by: Fury Blightfire.4081

Fury Blightfire.4081

So uhh…I noticed I kept the reward for the daily log in… means I’m 8 days ahead and when Halloween rolls around, that means my dailies will be out of sync with the event :/. Nice that it actual problem was fixed though.

Posted by: biskup.8192

biskup.8192

I have the same problem. I’v picked up 2 chests before I realized it’s a bug.

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I think this also bugged the 10 AP reward cap.