New limit prevents editing of my guide

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: HiggsBoson.1976

HiggsBoson.1976

I wrote a guide for Adventures, which can be viewed here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first

It uses the first 4 posts to detail the 15 Adventures. However, when I try to edit one of the main posts now it gives me the message “An Error Prevented Saving: Message Body length must be less than 5000.”

PLEASE CONTACT ME! I really want to keep this Adventure guide up and running, and I need options on how to resolve this. I integrated everything about this guide to that forum link.

Thanks,
-Higgs

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They can’t increase the number of characters in the post as they no longer work with the company that used to manage the forums. You’re only solution is to try to find ways to reduce the number of characters used.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’d suggest the best choice being to move the content to the GW2 wiki, and then link to that from the forum post. Possibly with an excerpt or summary here, but ultimately, that’s a better place to maintain a document anyway…

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I’d suggest the best choice being to move the content to the GW2 wiki, and then link to that from the forum post. Possibly with an excerpt or summary here, but ultimately, that’s a better place to maintain a document anyway…

^Yup, I also was going to suggest that. Wiki would be the best place for guides and documents, either by the freedom to format and put how much info you want as by the easier search. In forums the content becomes quickly buried and hidden.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s a great suggestion, if HiggsBoson has an account on the wiki (or wants to).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”