News articles on site incorrect CSS

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sacropedia.5941

Sacropedia.5941

I noticed this about a year ago, maybe more, and thought for sure this must be a known issue, widespread, soon fixed. But clearly it hasnt been resolved, so on the off chance you don’t know about it, here’s a mention:

The CSS rules for articles under the News section on the website are incorrect, and the main content is set to display: none, causing it to be hidden.

Specifically, there is a “Display: none;” rule for an important element.
You can find the element on the page by going to:
body > div#content > div.article > div.page-width > div.gw2-c.page-bd > div.gw2-c-1 > div.bd-c
under which is an element <div id=“backtotop”>. This id has a rule to it which states (abbreviated because wall of text):
::content a[href^=“…”],
::content #share-links,
[…],
::content .post-share-panel,
::content a[href^=“…”],
::content #backtotop,
::content .facebook-btn,
[…],
::content .cookiebar {
display: none;
}

This can be fixed manually by pressing F12 on the page, finding the aforementioned div.bd-c and adding the following rule:
display: block !important;
Without “!important” it won’t work.

I do hope this gets resolved, as even with a complicated CSS there are easy fixes, and this does mean I’ve stopped reading any of your news articles (and they used to be so good too).

Kind regards,
Sacropedia

Co-founder of Dawn of Hope [DH].

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

That isn’t a rule within the CSS we are serving up.

You may want to try the page without an extensions loaded, it seems like one might be injecting CSS & breaking the page for you.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Sounds very much like an adblocker gone rogue to me. Try disabling yours, and see if that helps. They often use `display: none` to make the elements invisible and not take up space on the page.