"Nightmare Ender" Achievment

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

Got the “Nightmare Ender” (4ap) Achievment immediatly after loging, without doing anything. However, no achievmentpoints were awarded and i also couldn’t get them by finishing the story!

EDIT: Also didn’t count for “Nightmares Aftermath” Meta achievment!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I have the same thing. I only read Kasmeer’s in-game mail, never been anywhere near Kessex Hills.

Posted by: ChrisvA.6459

ChrisvA.6459

I have the same problem. Now I have done the story event, though nothing changed, the achievement remains “completed” but still no points are added to the meta event.

Posted by: bobbles.5940

bobbles.5940

Same thing here , not been anywhere near Kessex yet this achievemnet is showing as completed.

can I still go to kessex and do the story ? The map is showing as if i’ve done it and the tower is gone

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. If you have this bug, the Nightmare Ender achievement will not count toward the Nightmare’s Aftermath Meta nor will it award achievement points. It will not block the other Nightmare’s End story instance achievements, however.

If you’d like to replay the story instance, talk to Marjory’s Helper Dee in the Thunder Ridge Camp in Kessex Hills.

Posted by: Laia.8635

Laia.8635

I also have this same problem.

Posted by: ProTech.8402

ProTech.8402

Same problem here. I’m currently do not visit Kessex Hills until the achievement bug is solved. Will Anet delete the bugged achievement so we can get it properly, or the workaround is to do the story dungeon manually and we have to do an extra achievement for the meta because of this bug? Do we need to send a support ticket or it will be fixed for everyone automatically?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

that happened for me too. I’m not concerned with the credit for the meta, but I would like my achievement points for it.

Posted by: massmagic.3640

massmagic.3640

Same situation here. Got the Nightmare Ender Achievment immediatly after loging and didn’t count for “Nightmares Aftermath” Meta Achievment. I want my achivements point too..
Please solve this problem. Thanks

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Same problem here. I’m currently do not visit Kessex Hills until the achievement bug is solved. Will Anet delete the bugged achievement so we can get it properly, or the workaround is to do the story dungeon manually and we have to do an extra achievement for the meta because of this bug? Do we need to send a support ticket or it will be fixed for everyone automatically?

Most likely. And I had decided to ignore this meta, but ANet decided differently… And then it doesn’t even count towards the meta either!

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

I have the same problem. Now I have done the story event, though nothing changed, the achievement remains “completed” but still no points are added to the meta event.

Yes, I did the story as well. Got nothing whatsoever for completion.

Jornophelanthas.1475

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. If you have this bug, the Nightmare Ender achievement will not count toward the Nightmare’s Aftermath Meta nor will it award achievement points. It will not block the other Nightmare’s End story instance achievements, however.

If you’d like to replay the story instance, talk to Marjory’s Helper Dee in the Thunder Ridge Camp in Kessex Hills.

I would like some more specifics, please.

Is there a difference between the first play-through (which was denied us) and any subsequent play-throughs of the instance?
- Do NPCs accompany us the first time, but not on subsequent attempts?
- Is there a one-time reward that we can no longer receive?
- Are there different dialogues, enemies and cutscenes the first time (like in the Nightmare Incarnate instance with the Toxic Hybrid)?

In short, I would like to know if “replaying” the instance will in any way be different from “playing” it, in terms of both game experience and rewards.

Because if there is anything people are missing out on because of this bug, the option to “replay” is not a solution.

EDITED TO ADD: According to the patch notes and the reports from people not receiving rewards at the end of the instance, I believe we are missing out on the Anti-Toxin Injector back-slot item, at least.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I automatically got the achievement(did not know my previous AP cause I don’t keep track if all the small AP gains so I might not have got AP for this).

Did the story instance with NPCs and got the injector + I think one key and toxic spores and some container items(and I correctly left with the portal). Did 2nd time after that immediately for other achievements(with the puzzles) and got only coice of 3 pack container items(bag thing) + 5 spores.

Also achievement did not count meta. So far only AP and the meta count seem missing. Not a big deal if you can get the meta with dailies but still annoying cause it might take a bit longer.

Jornophelanthas.1475

@Luthan: That is somewhat reassuring. Still, is there a difference in the instance itself between the first play-through and the repeats (in terms of cutscenes, dialogues, etc.)? I only want to do the instance if it gives me the full experience.

Posted by: totte.2647

totte.2647

Also got this problem. Missing out on credit towards the meta, possibly the 4 points from the achievement itself (don’t keep track of my exact AP total). Most importantly (for me), I didn’t get the antitoxin injector backpack skin.

Confident we’ll get a nice solution though, keep up the good work!

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I did it three times and there is no difference at all.

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

The Nightmare Ender achievement has no affect on the rewards you receive for completing The Nightmare Ends story instance, nor does it block your ability to complete the two bonus achievements for solving the puzzles and fighting your way through. The only thing this bugged achievement should affect is one count toward your Nightmare’s Aftermath achievement. We will have plenty of Aftermath daily achievements to help you complete your Meta, but we are working on a fix to update Nightmare Ender to count toward the Meta. Thank you for all your reports, please give us a heads up if you see that this achievement is causing something more serious than its one missing Meta count!

Posted by: totte.2647

totte.2647

I have finished the story instance three times now – still no Antitoxin Injector Skin. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have finished the story instance three times now – still no Antitoxin Injector Skin. Anyone else experiencing this?

Just making sure….did you inject the special anti-toxin you created during the instance into the heart at the end? After that was when I got my reward (skin).

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

Even today’s patchnotes state this issue was fixed, it’s still bugged for me…