No Loot from Labrynthe Horror

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Riel.1736

Riel.1736

For 2-3 days now whenever i killed Lab Horror i get loot from him probably less than 50% of the time. I make sure to be in a party and tag as much as i can so i still get credit for the event and kill xp but he wont drop any loot bags or anything.

Anyone else having this problem? (Sorry in advance if there’s already a post on this and i missed it)

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Diminishing returns (DR) may an issue here. From my observations and that of others, if you have already killed a boss twice without leaving the map and doing some thing else, you will not get loot the third time or any times after.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The issue here is almost certainly a product of being in a zerg, and getting your first tag on the Horror too late in the battle.
That issue is covered in a more general thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Limited-amount-of-people-getting-loot/first#content

I’ve been one of the first to attack, been in a full party while doing so, staying there the entire time fighting with the group and not gotten the champ bag from ANY of the three champs in there. I’d go and get a new character, join a boss battle in the middle and be there by myself (no one else in party) and get the champ bag.

My guess is DR is kicking in after being there for less than an hour. (I know because I start a MF buff when I get there and before the one booster wears off I’m not getting loot anymore).

DR sets in way too quickly there. I’m tired of finding a nice map but then having to switch characters every hour. I took a day off from farming and probably won’t go back again tonight….hopefully this weekend I don’t have to switch so freaking often. >.<

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have had issues with Horror usually by my third kill on him. Doesn’t drop loot.

I figured it was DR because by then I’m about an hour in and my drops start significantly decreasing.

Posted by: chabochabo.6034

chabochabo.6034

Came here to make a topic regarding this, as another player told me it was not DR, but rather the game bugging and not recognizing that you had tagged the mob.

It’s happened to me probably a total of 12 or so times throughout Halloween (I’ve been grinding the lab a LOT) and it’s occurred on all 3 big bosses.

Just finally ragequit and came here to seek confirmation of the bug after dropping a Viscount, Lich and 2 Horrors, all 4 with absolutely no corpse loot.

It seems like a silly thing to get worked up about, but those bosses take several minutes to down and once the chest is done the corpse loot is all you get for that time investment. In the case of this last run, that’s 25-ish ToT bags I’m short from missing out on those Large bags. Considering once DR kicks in it’s basically a porous bone-fest in there, and I’m a relatively new player who could really use the loot, it’s really bugging me to have this issue so consistently

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The symptoms sound exactly like diminishing returns.

An easy way to check is to compare the karma and/or experience you gain from the events: after taking into account buffs, a character suffering DR will be seeing less XP and less karma than everyone around them (and less than before). (Keep in mind that the individual Labyrinthe events give out different karma/xp rewards.)

The quickest way to deal with DR is to take that character to another zone for 15-30 minutes (and do an event or two, killing some stuff along the way). You can also swap characters and the DR will eventually wear off on its own, but I’m not sure how long that takes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”