No Reward for 2 Zone Completions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Magician of Ice.8263

Magician of Ice.8263

I have already emailed Support about this and to be perfectly honest I am getting nowhere with it, even after FIVE responses. I’m really hoping someone here can read and understand fully the problem I am having. The fact that every single response I’ve had from ANET regarding this issue has been about a problem I am NOT having is rather frustrating. We as players are asked and expected to read everything; read the terms of use, read the rules, read the conditions and fine print before doing, playing, buying anything. Yet here I am asking for assistance and I feel like every person that has tried to assist me has failed to read THOROUGHLY my request and issue, because every response has been for World Completion which is NOT MY PROBLEM.

Here it is.
[Email number is incident 130826-001835]
I did not get completion rewards for two zones: Gendarran Fields and Snowden Drifts.

I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT FULL WORLD COMPLETION. I am asking about THESE TWO ZONES SPECIFICALLY.

I have done the following to fix it:
A) Left and re-entered the two zones.
B) Logged out of and back in to the character.
C) Exited and relaunched the game.
D) Visited the Chantry of Secrets (though I have NO CLUE why visiting this area has anything to do with Gendarran Fields or Snowden Drifts).
E) Completing a new zone to prompt past rewards.

Every single time I have gotten an email back from support they give me a copy/paste answer to help someone that is asking about 100% Map Completion and that is not the problem I am having. Here is screenshot proof from my map showing the two zone’s completion:

Screenshot of Gendarran Fields
Screenshot of Snowden Drifts

The last five completions I’ve done were these zones and in this order (Y indicates it granted its completion reward, N indicates it did not) :
NGendarran Fields, YBrisban Wildlands, YLion’s Arch, NSnowden Drifts, and YWayfarer Foothills. This shows that there is not entirely an “order” or “pattern” in which these do or do not grant rewards, the two just failed to do so for some reason.

Thank you for reading, and I’m sorry for sounding sarcastic or rude.
-Jessica

(edited by Magician of Ice.8263)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Both of those zones have had completion items added, POI and WP. The obvious question is what were the missing items before you completed each zone.

Magician of Ice.8263

I couldn’t tell you very accurately what I was missing in Gendarran Fields because I skipped some content on the entire left side, but my best guess would be maybe 3 quests, 8 or so points of interest, 2 skill points, and a vista. For Snowden Drifts I needed a waypoint and point of interest I think, it was only one small, untouched area that didn’t take long to uncover.

Adding content to a zone makes perfect sense, and if that’s what happened in Snowden Drifts then I may have already had that one completed before something was added. There’s no way I had Gendarran Fields done sooner though because I was missing a lot more content before I completed that one.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

If it’s any sort of consolation, every time I have had to get in contact with customer support they have either never bothered to read what I was saying or didn’t comprehend it. Every. Single. Time.

Magician of Ice.8263

It’s as if they have machines responding and the machines sense key words like “map” or “world” or “achievement”, and they automatically dispense a response according to the key words. That’s why I came here; to talk to PEOPLE.

Or perhaps after emailing back and forth five times they’ll think I’ll just drop it and give up. I kinda got that feeling from the fifth copypasta response.

Magician of Ice.8263

Bringing back to the first page since one is still unresolved.

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

I have already emailed Support about this and to be perfectly honest I am getting nowhere with it, even after FIVE responses. I’m really hoping someone here can read and understand fully the problem I am having. The fact that every single response I’ve had from ANET regarding this issue has been about a problem I am NOT having is rather frustrating. We as players are asked and expected to read everything; read the terms of use, read the rules, read the conditions and fine print before doing, playing, buying anything. Yet here I am asking for assistance and I feel like every person that has tried to assist me has failed to read THOROUGHLY my request and issue, because every response has been for World Completion which is NOT MY PROBLEM.

I dont think you sound sarcastic or rude, but anet might.

First off, i have made countless support tickets, just to have the tell after a few responses that i need to stop swearing at them because their ppl too and dont like it, and yet every time they respond to me IT is the same response as if an automated machine was responding to me, and no they do not read, i have pointed this out to them lots of times. They have even gone as far as to claim that they are actual people, which really isn’t too re-assuring considering that someone with a HS diplomat, or a GED, can read. (realy does make it quite sad when you think about it, but hey, at least they can employ ppl without the proper credentials to do their jobs that they obviously cannot do, LOL)

Secondly, Anet claims to do extensive testing, that, unless by extensive testing they mean that they release new content and wait for the gamers to tell them what the bugs are that need to be fixed, Anet does not actually perform any extensive testing. Hell, a ton of the bugs that we report to them they just simply dont even care about, and i honestly think they have proved that from to the gamers. I have gone as far as asking them for a word by word description of what it is they mean by extensive testing on the forums and it has been almost a month and still no response!

Basically, anet really does NOT care about the gamers, only that their is enough to fill their pockets with. Anet does not care about the end gamer experience, only that you buy gems. they dont care about their promises they make to the gamers about the game, only that they get rich. And they dont care that they are loosing customers because of all that, only that their are still some to take their bait.

Anet says that they dont like responses that are rude to the other employee’s or to other gamers, and because of this, the moderators may delete this post soon, because they also dont like it when you point out their flaws, or their problems to the community. This poses me to ask a question, how can one expect that Anet actually cares about the gamers, when their actions show other wise?

Hell, i still have questions on the support tickets that have NOT been answered, but THEY decided to mark them as closed

Magician of Ice.8263

I for one haven’t purchased a single thing from the Gem Store because of all these errors in the game right now and I am even more inclined to not support them monetarily until these problems start getting dealt with. I came back after almost a year of not playing because of all the glitching and bugs, to give them time to work them out, but now I’m reading countless threads about legitimate glitches and errors that are still not taken care of (still around from launch A YEAR AGO).

Subscription or non-subscription, a game is only what you put into it, but it’s sad to see that even though a lot of us thought GW2 was going to break the bad rapsheet of non-sub MMO’s, it seems they haven’t. The Living World and Gem Store features are the only things I see that are moving along in this game, and it’s sad. It’s as if they’re literally saying “We go where the money is”. We bought the game, MAKE THE ORIGINAL GAME CONTENT WORK.

But I’m just one player out of a million asking for what everyone else wants, why would any more ranting solve it at this point. Let them continue with all these large and overflashy events that no one will care about a few weeks after they end, we’ll still be sitting here telling them about the bugs they ignored the whole time.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

With regards to map completion in Gendarran and Snowden:

1. Gendarran’s new POIs and WPs include: Second Aetherblade Site POI [&BBEHAAA=]
  2. Snowden’s new POIs & WPs include: Angvar’s Trove Waypoint WP [&BP8GAAA=]

Make sure you have these. If you haven’t been near them since they were added, your game won’t update to show the right total/% complete. This only affects characters who first visited the zone before the update(s) adding the WP/POIs.

(the thing in brackets is the chat code for location — copy/paste it into /party or /whisper it to yourself, to make it easy to check)

For reference, I believe this is a full list of POIs & WPs added since the game launched:

• North Nolan Hatchery POI [&BAEHAAA=]
  • Langmar Estate PoI [&BPgGAAA=]
  • Second Aetherblade Site POI [&BBEHAAA=]
  • Proxemics Lab PoI [&BPkGAAA=]
  • Shipwreck Rock Waypoint WP [&BOQGAAA=]
  • Dire Shoal Waypoint WP [&BOUGAAA=]
  • Angvar’s Trove Waypoint WP [&BP8GAAA=]
  • Rugnar’s Steading POI [&BAAHAAA=]
  • The Dead End PoI [&BA0HAAA=]
  • Macha’s Landing PoI [&BN4GAAA=]
  • Consortium Gift Shop PoI [&BN8GAAA=]

====

With regards to other issues raised above by the OP and others:

1. I’m enjoying the game. I’ve had problems, created support tickets, and I’ve gotten help with the relevant issues. This is the experience of most people.
  2. I’ve also seen ANet support respond to a common issue similar to mine, but not the one I’ve described. I ignore this and rephrase my request. This is not unique to ANet. I’ve spoken to live support at AoL, Dell, AT&T and other large firms and seen/heard the same behavior: people follow a script that works 99% of the time and don’t know what to do for the 1% that requires more in-depth troubleshooting. Keep at it; if you get no where, post the ticket # in account support thread they have set up for this.
  3. Tip: in the future, if you post on a topic, start with issue you want resolved, not with how frustrated you are. (By all means, include that if it’s relevant, but open with the immediate issue — I’ve found that consistently gets better results.)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Magician of Ice.8263

@ Illconceived – Thank you for the information regarding the added PoI’s/WP’s. I looked at my map and saw that in Snowden Drifts it was that specific Waypoint I was missing so the conclusion for that one is that I had finished it at an earlier date. Glad that one’s figured out. Gendarran Fields though (while that PoI was one I was missing) still had other places I had not been to. In my best guess I had the good 1/3 of the left-hand side of the map unfinished when I picked it back up, so unless the addition of that PoI in an unfinished map caused some kind of error, I have no clue about this one.

I also agree with you that unsatisfactory service happens everywhere and not just here. We all know complaining is at it’s worst when you’re looking right at the problem. Anyone who has a cell phone knows that the customer service happening here is divine in comparison.

The point of putting my frustration first was a tactic I admit to using to get someone to -read thoroughly- my post to see my problem, since through the emails it wasn’t being made clear enough being at the top, and that is the sarcasm I was apologizing for at the bottom. Also because of the crazy amount of raaaaage I had at the time of posting, haha.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Magician: glad you are making progress resolving the main issue of completing the maps. (I basically finished the achievement on my main, so I could stop worrying about what happens if new locations are added to the requirements, i.e. to avoid exactly this.) Good luck in 100% on all maps.

To reiterate, for anyone else with this issue: I believe based on dev posts and my own evidence that:

• The overall progress in each map is always based on what you have uncovered, i.e. if it says 11 POIs discovered, that’s always correct — you haven’t discovered 10 or 12.
  • However, the requirement number or denominator shown won’t update right away. It will be correct the first time you enter a map, but if they add POIs or WPs afterward, then it won’t update to the correct number until you enter the affected area, where area refers to the wiki’s definition: the white names on the map.

To translate that into steps one can take:

• Make sure you’ve uncovered the specific POIs or WPs added to the game since launch.
  • If you have them unlocked, but the total required amount for that map isn’t correct, return to that area again to try to get it to update.
  • If you are still missing areas, uncover those first — you can “worry” about the numbers being off, but there’s no sense in acting upon those concerns until you’ve otherwise completed uncovering the map. For this step, you don’t have to complete hearts or unlock waypoints — you just have to uncover the area, which can be done by taking a single step into it, thus removing the fog.

Of course, we shouldn’t have to work around these sorts of things, but to be fair to ANet: they didn’t originally plan on adding new POIs and WPs (although perhaps they should have) and it only affects a particular subset of characters and therefore only a small number of players. I’m sure it’s a lot of work to untangle the mess and there are other bugs that ANet — and the players — would like to see addressed first.

Finally, it’s also true that Support should have the information I just provided and be able to recognize when someone is in your situation as opposed to showing 100% world completion and not getting credit. I believe that some support personnel do, as I’ve seen players post that they received this info via support. But it really should be “all” and not just “some.” Again, in their defense, I doubt most support personnel play the game, so the distinction between “world map completion” and “map completion” might be lost on them — it shouldn’t be, but unless we want ANet to spend a lot more on salaries, we need to be aware that some need more help from us to understand the issue(s) at hand.

IWN.9781

PS Yes, I understand about typing with crazy amounts of raaaaage. I try (but don’t always succeed) to avoid pressing “submit” until I’m sure that any ranting on my part is intended. But sometimes the force just isn’t with us.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Magician of Ice.8263

Bringing back to first page.
Got a reply from Support again, and AGAIN it was a repeat question.