No chest at Buried Archives for MANY players

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

After completing Buried Archives for the very first time (and receiving the achievement), I discovered the chest that SHOULD be there is a non-interactive open chest.

While trying to redo the JP several times (did the JP 8 times today with same result) on different instances of the map, I encountered a LOT of other players who are experiencing the same bug. Some players had no trouble getting the chest and the ornament, but MANY (perhaps most) found only an open chest at the end of the puzzle.

Since this is the only known place to complete the “For The Children!” collection, this is a major bug that needs to be fixed ASAP. A reply of “try again after reset” is not an acceptable response.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Although, this bug has been reported before, you can be assured that that is not the only place in Orr to find Ornaments. Try the chests near Temples. Chests give out Ornaments, whole and/or wrecked randomly, though the drop-rate is rather high.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Mysterious_Grubby_Package

Good luck.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If they don’t need to be grand/splendid/etc then there are actually quite a few more chests available.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I had this same bug, but on a completely different chest. Specifically the chest at the end of the Weyandt’s Revenge jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch.

Now, I have done that JP before. Many times, in fact. But the last time I did it was weeks if not months ago, so its certainly bugged that it was already open as if I had looted it already today.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

@Electro: The Chaos Crystal Cavern Grand Chest is shared with the Weyandt’s Revenge Magnificent Chest. When one is opened, so is the other. (Bug note halfway down the page)

If you did the CCC jp earlier that might explain it?

Possibly something similar is at work with Buried Archives. If everyone’s going around trying to get these ornaments from jp chests and there’s another buggy pair …

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

The chest was already opened for me as well, yesterday. I did 7 or 8 jumping puzzles yesterday before Buried Archives, so the probability to have such a buggy pair was quite high.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I got mine from the chest at the Grenth statue in the Garden of Ilya