No fractal skin box ever dropped. Proof? API!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Too many failed politicians have changed career to gaming world.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

1) Fractal Skin Boxes weren’t promised by ArenaNet as being part of the Fractured! release. It wasn’t in the release notes. It wasn’t listed as a feature of the release.That’s an assumption many of us made based on a single comment.

2) I’m certain Anthony had no intention to mislead any of us with his comments. When rereading his comment, it seems clear that he was talking about the future of Fractals of the Mists and not its current state. Yeah, he probably could have clarified that a little better but people make mistakes and he probably thought we’d want to know about that particular plan. This isn’t some massive conspiracy to screw over those of us that like FotM.

3) We can still get Fractal skins from the daily chests. Nothing has been taken away from us. It’s random and it can be frustrating. I’ve been trying to obtain a Fractal Shield for 12 months now. I’d love to be able to earn Pristine Relics and buy a skin that I want. But it’s still in the game.

Yes, this is disappointing news for the immediate future but the fact that they have these planned is good news. If running fractals is that painful for some of you, I question why you’re doing them at such high levels. The rewards aren’t that much better at 49 than they are at 30 (I agree that this needs to scale better than it currently is). It seems like it would be far less painful to just do a level 30 run if 49 is that terrible.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

1) Fractal Skin Boxes weren’t promised by ArenaNet as being part of the Fractured! release. It wasn’t in the release notes. It wasn’t listed as a feature of the release.That’s an assumption many of us made based on a single comment.

It was promised by a dev in the livestream as well, and stated more than once. I don’t know if he literally said it would be in the release, but I don’t see why they would do a livestream about their release and then mention it when it’s not gonna make the release.

2) I’m certain Anthony had no intention to mislead any of us with his comments. When rereading his comment, it seems clear that he was talking about the future of Fractals of the Mists and not its current state. Yeah, he probably could have clarified that a little better but people make mistakes and he probably thought we’d want to know about that particular plan. This isn’t some massive conspiracy to screw over those of us that like FotM.

Yeah, the future of Fractals of the Mists… Go check the Fractured subforum. Count the dev posts since release. Hint: it’s 0.

The amount of bugs and the amount of silence we’ve been faced with in combination with each other is simply unacceptable and would put any game studio to shame.

Not to mention the fact that some Fractal weapons that drop aren’t even skins. They’re just weapons like before. I can know. I got one. Not a word on that either.

3) We can still get Fractal skins from the daily chests. Nothing has been taken away from us. It’s random and it can be frustrating. I’ve been trying to obtain a Fractal Shield for 12 months now. I’d love to be able to earn Pristine Relics and buy a skin that I want. But it’s still in the game.

Yes, this is disappointing news for the immediate future but the fact that they have these planned is good news. If running fractals is that painful for some of you, I question why you’re doing them at such high levels. The rewards aren’t that much better at 49 than they are at 30 (I agree that this needs to scale better than it currently is). It seems like it would be far less painful to just do a level 30 run if 49 is that terrible.

Planned? And when are we getting them? Next year?

Oh, by the way, if we’re gonna talk stuff they promised and didn’t deliver:

• Leaderboards: not there yet. This was also their entire justification for a level reset.
  • Skins: not consistently, sometimes weapons are still weapons and not skins.
  • No longer being able to have Dredge + Cliffside: still possible. In fact, I’ve already had it 2 times.
  • Shorter overall Fractals by weighting the Fractals and giving you one out of the sets: this actually backfired and the weighting system makes it so that you can still get Cliffside + Dredge, and actually increases the chances of your run taking longer, because you’ll have a bigger chance to get a long one than before.
  • Improved Fracals: more bugs have been introduced than have been fixed. And by that, I mean a lot more.
  • Fixing dredge: it was confirmed in this patch for once and for ever that Anet thinks ‘fixing dredge’ = more dredge. Because everything they did to the Fractal was add more dredge and make it harder for PUGs by making buttons push off bodies.

Don’t defend them. They don’t deserve it.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Zedd.8239

Don’t defend them. They don’t deserve it.

I’ll defend whoever I want, thank you very much. I criticize ArenaNet when I think they deserve the criticism. In case you didn’t notice, I’m not exactly happy with this particular news either. I’m quite disappointed by it and stated as much.

But ripping into ANet simply because people are unhappy isn’t remotely constructive and just breeds more negativity. It doesn’t help ANet improve and it doesn’t make the game or the community a more pleasant thing to be a part of. Personally, I try to look at things from the perspective of a software developer and from the perspective of a gamer.

There are a lot of moving parts in a game this big and not everything will end up being released when originally planned. It happens. If you expect anything else when playing an MMO or any other game, you’re always going to end up being disappointed.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Zedd,

We have tried to be constructive, but as Bright said, there were zero response in the “Fractured” subforum since the release. As in “zero”!

We were promised decent stuff. I don’t mean super big thingies: only decent. What did we get? 3 new fractals, of which two ripoffs from previous Living Stories. Okay, that’s fair. We were promised fixes to the current fractals yet we have a thread listing dozens (yes, plural form) of bugs in the fractals that make the progression actually difficult or boring. We were promised fractal sin boxes only to learn later that they don’t appear in the currently unlocked levels, so even if that was part of the release, no one actually witnessed it being part of the release. We got ripped off our fractal levels, where some people actually had challenge playing in levels 70+. Now that challenge is over.

So no, we are not ripping into ArenaNet because we are unhappy. We are sad about all the promises, about all the hopes we had to have better fractals that weren’t fulfilled.

If you try to look from the perspective of a game developper, would you listen to the most experienced people giving their advice? Would you care about fixing the pressing issues? Would you say things and do the opposite?

This is no small disappointment: we were promised decent stuff for this release, but what did we get? Barely anything. If they simply had spent their time fixing the current fractals and implementing the small quality of life improvements everybody has been wishing for one year now instead of making 1 new fractal, I’m quite sure you would hear so many complaints less.

In short, we don’t think that they’ve ever listened to us, except for the skin part and as Bright said, it’s not working 100% correctly. So yes, we are disappointed.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Ellipson.9721

Ellipson.9721

Honestly, this little revelation along with the complete lack of attention paid to the feedback regarding the Dredge fractal has completely killed my desire to play this game. I don’t know why I care when it’s clear the developers don’t, either. When this is the big update after fractals have been out for a year+… well, it’s clear that ANet isn’t going to put any meaningful effort into what was supposed to be the “end-game” dungeon.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I think us forums goers would like to have a word with whoever is in charge of rewards for the entire game. They need a reality check.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Zedd.8239

We have tried to be constructive, but as Bright said, there were zero response in the “Fractured” subforum since the release. As in “zero”!

I’m aware that the subforum hasn’t had much attention. I don’t generally judge whether developers are reading what’s being said by the number of posts they make. Their main job is to work on the game, not cater to every little grievance gamers may have (and let’s face it, MMO communities are incredibly picky). This doesn’t bother me much. I’d rather they be working on the game than spending their time debating things with people on here. The occasional comment is nice of course but I don’t feel I’m entitled to a response from them.

We were promised fractal sin boxes only to learn later that they don’t appear in the currently unlocked levels, so even if that was part of the release, no one actually witnessed it being part of the release.

Sometimes things get removed at the last minute due to unforeseen problems. Would you rather they temporarily remove something broken or leave it in and have everyone freak out about it being broken? It’s lose-lose from a development perspective.

Again, I’m also disappointed that the fractal skin boxes aren’t currently accessible to us. But I’ve accepted it as the way things are and I’ve moved on. I’m not going to lose sleep over it. It seems like it was intended to be part of this release but for some reason it didn’t quite make it in.

We got ripped off our fractal levels, where some people actually had challenge playing in levels 70+. Now that challenge is over.

That challenge will be returning with additional Mistlock Instabilities, and it’ll be harder than it was before given the new way agony scales and the inclusion of the Mistlock Instabilities (if you look at the ones that were data mined the difficulty looks to become downright brutal). They’ve stated this directly many times.

So no, we are not ripping into ArenaNet because we are unhappy. We are sad about all the promises, about all the hopes we had to have better fractals that weren’t fulfilled.

And there are many that are expressing that sadness without being rude or nasty to ArenaNet. My point is there are ways to express that unhappiness without resorting to thinly veiled attacks on the people providing you content free of charge.

If you try to look from the perspective of a game developper, would you listen to the most experienced people giving their advice? Would you care about fixing the pressing issues? Would you say things and do the opposite?

As a developer I would take everyone’s advice on board but I would still do what I feel is best for the overall experience of the game and the component I’m working on given the time and resources I have to work on it. That includes fixing things and upholding as many promises as I can as time and money allow.

There are budget, technical, resource, and time constraints that can get in the way. It isn’t simply a matter of the teams doing whatever they want when they want to do it. Development on a project like this is far more involved and there are more pieces at work than we publicly see. Unfortunately, sometimes planned features or fixes need to be placed on the back burner or shelved indefinitely. It’s how it works.

This is no small disappointment: we were promised decent stuff for this release, but what did we get? Barely anything. If they simply had spent their time fixing the current fractals and implementing the small quality of life improvements everybody has been wishing for one year now instead of making 1 new fractal, I’m quite sure you would hear so many complaints less.

Other than not having more uses for pristine and regular relics and the ability to salvage or use the ascended rings for more than collecting dust in my bank, I haven’t found this release all that disappointing. I’ve actually enjoyed the Mistlock Instabilities and the extra challenges they can provide during a run. Despite the addition of new bugs, a lot of bugs have been fixed and multiple exploits have been closed.

In short, we don’t think that they’ve ever listened to us, except for the skin part and as Bright said, it’s not working 100% correctly. So yes, we are disappointed.

Listening doesn’t require them to do exactly as we demand. There’s a really large sense of entitlement in this community that would only grow more out of control if ArenaNet always caved to player demands.

There’s plenty of evidence that ArenaNet listens to feedback and implements changes where they feel it’s necessary. Less so when it comes to fractals, I agree. But I don’t expect all of my requests for features or fixes to get fixed. It just isn’t how these things work.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

1) Someone needs to be held accountable.
2) Simply saying it’s working as intended is not an apology, players were misled
3) Focus needs to shift from quantity of game updates to quality of game updates

Edit
4) Quality control, quality control, quality control. This is supposed to be a high end game, yet it feels like a low budget title with all the bugs and poor communication the player base is subjected to.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Zedd.8239

1) Someone needs to be held accountable.

I don’t think anyone is saying they shouldn’t be. My only point is that as far as features go, is that this isn’t critical to the game working. It’s disappointing, nevertheless. However, fractals are still beatable and it’s still possible to get fractal skins. We haven’t actually lost anything since we never had the boxes to begin with.

On the other hand, acting like an angry mob won’t solve anything.

2) Simply saying it’s working as intended is not an apology, players were misled

Players made assumptions (valid ones, I admit) based on the information that was provided. Somewhere along the way it seems like someone lost track of that particular
detail and didn’t update us on whether it would be in the Fractured! update. That’s unfortunate as a simple “we’re sorry but it won’t be making it into this update” could have prevented a lot of disappointment.

That said, I don’t think ripping into ArenaNet or individual developers is the way to express that disappointment.

3) Focus needs to shift from quantity of game updates to quality of game updates

Edit
4) Quality control, quality control, quality control. This is supposed to be a high end game, yet it feels like a low budget title with all the bugs and poor communication the player base is subjected to.

Well…I can’t really dispute this. Either not enough testing is being done or not enough time is being provided for testing. I’m not going to point fingers because it’s difficult to say what is actually happening with this. But I do think that quality control has slipped a lot this year and that isn’t a good thing for anyone.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Snip

Players did not simply make assumptions, they were misled there is a difference. Anet said one thing and then did something different. This would be like advertising a red car for sale, but when you actually get to see the car it’s white with red pin striping.

It was put into writing that weapon kits would drop in higher level fractals, since we can only get to level 50 at this point because of a hard cap then this is the highest possible fractal. Therefore the weapon boxes should drop at 50 at the very least otherwise what is the point of advertising that feature if you cannot access it. Now that statement has been removed from the site because we live in the digital age.

Ah but it wasn’t planned to be available yet. Then don’t mention it, it’s a need to know basis.

It was a clerical error players weren’t supposed to see that part. This is why we have proof reading,

The right thing to do would be to allow access to the weapon boxes at Level 50 until the hard cap is adjusted. The wrong thing to do is pretty much everything they have done since this update came out, not say anything or offer any sort of apology, then try to cover it up and ignore your customers.

This is how it should have been handled.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Nerfed-Champ-Bags-Boxes/page/2#post3132609

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

And more than one year later, still NOTHING, where is my beloved fractal box ?
Come on Anet, your game is becoming really boring.