No frost tools from giant wintersday gifts?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

For a while now the giant gifts collected from the tree have no longer been dropping the frost toolboxes
Anybody else has this problem? They drop socks and skins and sigils and sigil boxes but no tools anymore

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How many wintersday gifts have you opened without seeing a frostbitten box? Are you talking about dozens or stacks and stacks? (During wintersday, I think I had some really long streaks without seeing any.)

Thanks for the report. I was going to open a few, almost entirely to get some more frostbitten tools. I will hold off for now, just in case.

PS did you report via the in-game reporting tool? that’s helpful, too, as it allows anet to backtrack to when you opened the gifts.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Wharghul.6819

Wharghul.6819

I got a frost tool box today.

Bugabuga.9721

Was it collected the same day? Or bought on the TP?

I’ve opened about 20 on one account and 10 on another, neither one got any tool boxes. Before it was about one in every 3 at least

Posted by: Dulcinea.2640

Dulcinea.2640

I got one yesterday and two the day before from my home tree. They’re still dropping. If I use the Forge to use up entire stacks of snowflakes (125 gifts), I’ve been getting around 25 per 125.

Posted by: Dulcinea.2640

Dulcinea.2640

What I really wish is that we could still spend our Wintersday currency.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Was it collected the same day? Or bought on the TP?

There’s no difference between wintersday gifts collected from the home instance vs those bought off the TP: they have the same item ID.

Bugabuga.9721

I got one yesterday and two the day before from my home tree. They’re still dropping. If I use the Forge to use up entire stacks of snowflakes (125 gifts), I’ve been getting around 25 per 125.

I’ll try to open more on different accounts. I was wondering if there might have been some internal limit somewhere (i.e. “opened N giant wintersday gifts = here’s a different loot table”)
Just did it on EU account that had no wintersday tree and indeed got toolboxes
(70 giant gifts opened in pvp lobby = 25 toolboxes, 25 figts opened in lion’s arch = 1 toolbox)
Will try to open all of them in pvp next

Thanks, everyone!

(edited by Bugabuga.9721)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ll try to open more on different accounts. I was wondering if there might have been some internal limit somewhere (i.e. “opened N giant wintersday gifts = here’s a different loot table”)
Just did it on EU account that had no wintersday tree and indeed got toolboxes
(70 giant gifts opened in pvp lobby = 25 toolboxes, 25 figts opened in lion’s arch = 1 toolbox)
Will try to open all of them in pvp next

Thanks, everyone!

No, there’s no internal limit on how lucky you get.

Normally, it shouldn’t matter where you open boxes, but there have been times when stuff doesn’t work properly in PvP. I would say it’s unlikely to be the cause, but… well, bugs can be weird; let us know what you find out.