No masterwork & better drops since patch.

No masterwork & better drops since patch.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Since the big Flame & Frost patch, I have (despite playing regularly in the evening every day since) received a total of two green items as drops, and no rares (or exotics). I won’t comment on the chances of receiving rares or exotics as random is random, but I will say that I do enough PvE killing to normally come away with several masterwork items every evening. Thus, to only have recovered two masterwork items since the patch seems.. unusually unlucky.

I’m well aware of the change in the patch introducing tiny loot chest containers, although I’m confused as to why this change was made in the first place. Personally, I prefer to go up to a corpse and hit “F” to get all my loot. It’s simple and I like to keep it simple. There is no doubt in my mind that I’ve missed at least a few of these little loot boxes since my friends are often the ones pointing them out to me after the fact. I feel this change made things unnecessarily complicated, and I simply can’t see anything wrong with looting ALL items straight from a single source (the corpse) – unless this is a very non-elegant solution for some sort of loot list conflict.

That aside, I will say this: both green items I received were straight from corpses. Of the (very few) tiny boxes on the ground I’ve looted since the patch, all of them rewarded me with some type of white item (like a moldy bag, which then either had coin or some type of crafting resource in it). None of that is working as advertised, unless I am completely misunderstanding the wording in the patch notes.

So, one way or the other something appears to be broken here. I would like to start receiving masterwork and better items as drops again as normal, please, so can someone look into this?