No money from Trading Post!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

This morning I’ve sold various things on the TC using “Meet highest buyer”. I’d “sold” quite a bit before I realised I wasn’t getting credited with the sales. The goods leave my inventory, I get charged for the sale, but my Trade Profit under the “Pick Up” tab remains 0. Piken Square server.

Far from profiting from my sales, right now I’m effectively being charged for the privilege of throwing potentially valuable stuff away!

Edit: Problem has now cleared. I’m probably down about a gold, though. Ho hum.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Doghouse.1562

Edit: Problem has now cleared. I’m probably down about a gold, though. Ho hum.

Ugh. Problem is back again. NOT good!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m sorry you’re having trouble getting the trading post to work reliably for you. If you want help troubleshooting, I recommend you contact support and create a ticket (see the “support” link on the top left of this page).

The bug forum is a good place to let staff know about a general problem; creating a ticket is the only way to get ANet’s help for an issue affecting you personally.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dioznitsio.5163

Dioznitsio.5163

i had to say it, i have the same trouble, even my items couldnt be sold because there were like 15 before mine, and yet it showed like sold “a few seconds ago” for 3 hours, and i never recieved any gold related to my sales.

i contacted the customer support, send them pics with the bug in there and explained everything, they just stay in “all records on our end indicate you received the correct amount of gold” and i am very sure i never got my gold from those sales, but anyways, it wasnt soo much (10 gold) yet i cant believe the records show that i got it and in reality i didnt, that is just too weird.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember to clear out any waiting items for TP pickup, as well as any in-game mail (even if it says you have less than 10/10 for mail). If the search function worked, I could look it up, but… some time ago, a Dev stated that a full mailbox can affect items from the TP (not meaning the gem store), and it can be a few hours before they arrive. I have no idea why, but it seems to two can be related. Regardless, it is worth a try.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

1) Remember, when you sell using the ‘sell to highest buyer’, the market still charges its 15% cut. That may explain your ‘missing gold’
2) Goods already available for pickup in the trading post may inadvertently block cash awaiting pickup.

My own little blurb I intend to point to anytime I think we might be facing this… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/TP-Design-Flaw-under-Pick-Up-screen/first#post3296706

At release, the TP would act on all transactions requested of it, but might require a few minutes or hours to give people their reward. The TP went through much work after release to remove this delay, but I could see instances where such a delay might return. I consider it possible, but not likely. In my recent experience, all transactions were instantaneous, hampered only by my needing to collect older transactions before I could collect newer transactions.

Edit: I recall Macintosh having some caveats in accessing the Trading Post… are you on Mac, PC, or other?
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Yamagawa; Ive had a few delayed sales and purchases recently since the dec 10 patch. Specifically Ive had the game hang on the buy tab awaiting confirmation of purchase, similarly Ive had it hang on the sell tab awaiting confirmation of an instant sale.

Coupled with this I have also made instant sales and had to wait up to 15 minutes on two occasions recently to receive the gold. It may be the op is jumping the gun a bit and having a delay the same as I have had.

Doghouse.1562

Remember to clear out any waiting items for TP pickup, as well as any in-game mail (even if it says you have less than 10/10 for mail). If the search function worked, I could look it up, but… some time ago, a Dev stated that a full mailbox can affect items from the TP (not meaning the gem store), and it can be a few hours before they arrive. I have no idea why, but it seems to two can be related. Regardless, it is worth a try.

Yes, that was it. I spotted what was happening when I went through clearing my purchase queue this morning, and came back here to post to that effect – thanks for getting there first! 8-)

This isn’t so much a bug per se, as an artifact of the way that TP profit has been implemented – the money hasn’t been lost, it simply isn’t being displayed yet.

Despite looking as though it’s a simple total, that clearly isn’t how trade profit works under the covers. Rather than being a simple, single total, income transactions seem to be queued up with everything else (which makes good sense from a design viewpoint), and delivered as and when they get high enough in the queue. The result is that, if you have a lot of items in your purchase queue, you may not see all (maybe even not even any) of the money you’ve earned until you work through everything you’ve purchased. The “Trade Profit” shown is simply whatever transactions have got high enough up the queue to be spotted (or something like that, anyway). At different points clearing my queue just now (maybe 1000 items in total), my trade profit figure was showing as non-zero on several occasions, and zero at other times. The non-zero amounts were added to my total money as I received things.

tl;dr:
Not a bug. Clear your TP transactions and your money will arrive.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Glad it worked out for you. =)