No rewards or drops in Defend Shaemoor - entire.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gabrielle Vesper.2154

Gabrielle Vesper.2154

I made a new human thief, and took her into the starter area. She saved a bunch of villagers by sending them to the inn, and she killed a large number of centaurs. She got NO drops, and NO karma for that. Went into the inn, and was sent to the garrison. Despite getting gold in both attempts at fighting the centaurs until the gates opened, I received no karma, xp, or cash. All I got was the gold medal and “Event Succeeded” below it. It was as if I was doing an event I’d done before.

WHAT GIVES??? Anyone else experiencing this? I’m kinda sad now.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

They changed it.. in the starter area there will be no drops/ karma to prevent farming. It’s a starter area where you shall leave as soon as possible.
I think they gave you a copper reward for completing the starter area? Can’t remember where I read about that, but they talked about these changes somewhere..

Posted by: aibaby.2307

aibaby.2307

Sept 25 patch notes:

“Enemies in tutorial areas will no long drop loot. Instead, an award of 72 copper has been added to the rewards for completing the tutorial. This is to dissuade players from lingering in tutorial instances to farm the creatures in them.”

Posted by: Phantasm.2845

Phantasm.2845

It is working as intended, according to the latest patch notes: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-25th-2012

“Enemies in tutorial areas will no long drop loot. Instead, an award of 72 copper has been added to the rewards for completing the tutorial. This is to dissuade players from lingering in tutorial instances to farm the creatures in them.”

Posted by: Gabrielle Vesper.2154

Gabrielle Vesper.2154

OK, so even though the event succeeded I won’t receive anything but the shiny gold medal until I kill the elemental?

By the way, thanks for all the replies, it’s appreciated.