Non-instanced Version of the Salma District

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ridrith.8351

Ridrith.8351

There’s a few ways to jump into a non-instanced version of the Salma District, a lot of people do that on my server in order to RP back there. Is this safe? As far as I know there’s nothing back there but a lot of cool, empty buildings, nothing to buy, nothing to sell to, no exploits. Is it okay with A-net if we go back there to play around or will that get us banned?

Somebody get back to me please. I’d like to know!

(edited by Ridrith.8351)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

From what I understand, you should be able to invite your party members into your home instance (i.e. up to 4 players). If you’ve found a way to get more than that many people into your home instance, please let us know how!

Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I think you’re misunderstanding. He’s not getting more people than allowed into his home instance.

A version of the Salma District physically exists on the Divinity’s Reach map, but entry into that area is normally (and intentionally) blocked by physical barriers. However, with some creative jumping it’s possible to enter that section of the map.

The question is whether or not players will get in trouble for accessing sections of the map that are normally blocked off by the map’s design. This question can apply to any map, really.

I suspect the answer is “no”, but with the caveat that we’re expected to report “flaws” in the map like this one so they can eventually be fixed.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

I think you’re misunderstanding. He’s not getting more people than allowed into his home instance.

A version of the Salma District physically exists on the Divinity’s Reach map, but entry into that area is normally (and intentionally) blocked by physical barriers. However, with some creative jumping it’s possible to enter that section of the map.

The question is whether or not players will get in trouble for accessing sections of the map that are normally blocked off by the map’s design. This question can apply to any map, really.

I suspect the answer is “no”, but with the caveat that we’re expected to report “flaws” in the map like this one so they can eventually be fixed.

You’re absolutely right; I did misunderstand. Thanks for catching that!

In this case, yes – it sounds like this is a map out bug, and any screenshots or videos detailing how to reach it would be appreciated!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Tsori.8245

Tsori.8245

There’s a few ways to jump into a non-instanced version of the Salma District, a lot of people do that on my server in order to RP back there. Is this safe? As far as I know there’s nothing back there but a lot of cool, empty buildings, nothing to buy, nothing to sell to, no exploits. Is it okay with A-net if we go back there to play around or will that get us banned?

Somebody get back to me please. I’d like to know!

Way to make yourself very unpopular with rp’ers.

In reference to closing this off can I just state that we on the RP servers request before you ruin our rp even more you add some more open houses so that we are not forced into dull tavern roleplay. The Salma district has 4 possibly 5 open houses that can be used for roleplay. Other than that, there is only around 8 other open houses in divinity’s reach. This isn’t enough and removing these 5 is a big impact.

While I understand anet doesn’t support roleplay officially surely you can recognise that as rp’ers we probably have higher cash shop purchases for skins and vanity items, and as we set up committed long term story lines we are less likely to go leaving the game as such the rage kids do over there class/pvp/dungeon issues.

Tldr: stop making roleplay harder with “fixes” such as these.

(edited by Tsori.8245)

Posted by: Selaine.9053

Selaine.9053

I support Tsori’s notion fulheartetly. The game designers managed to produce one of the most enchanting cities in mmo’s I have ever seen and it is a vivid place full of atmosphere. Unfortunately most of it falls under the "look how nice can we play there.. ah no " category when in comes to roleplay.
After all, noone crashes there anything or explores bugs like how to get under the map and I would like to hear a reason why playing there should not be allowed despite “no it’s home instance thou shall not enter”.
Let roleplayers have one of the few places where the actually can immerse into the lore and beauty of this game. Thank you.

tldr: please let the DR map stay like this and support us
Despite not even having an official roleplaying server (very honest move btw) Guild Wars 2 attracted a huge roleplaying community with all the benefits for ArenaNet Tsori mentioned above. I never even figured the entrance to Salma district was a bug, I thought it was another one of those hidden places an eager explorer can find in Guild Wars via jumping and thinking.

Posted by: MohawkYeah.2178

MohawkYeah.2178

Really, there is no reason to “Fix” this, it hurts no one, and as it has been stated, role-players flock to open buildings, and the quaint atmosphere Salma district holds.

Forcing people to go into the district in groups of five is just silly in the first place, but to close a harmless gap that allows role-players to enjoy a particular part of the game is just not a good measure.

Posted by: Tsori.8245

Tsori.8245

Thinking about it, you could just open the gates to the non-instanced version and make it an official area. There’s no problems in the non instanced district as has been proven.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

In this case, yes – it sounds like this is a map out bug, and any screenshots or videos detailing how to reach it would be appreciated!

Challenge accepted

However, with some creative jumping it’s possible to enter that section of the map.

Two jumps are all that is required, the 2nd jump how ever can be lethal if you go too far forward. Then it is just a matter of dropping from roof to roof to ground.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

They should just open it up, no one uses home districts anyway.

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

They should just open it up, no one uses home districts anyway.

This. Same goes for all home instances. Just have the option to instance for PS, or just enter the un-instanced version.
Also recommend other instances (Citadel Command Core, etc) should be treated more like overflow instances in that a high number of players can enter them, and they are not destroyed until the last person leaves.

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thanks for the video; it really helps for tracking down bugs like these!

Since this bug has been reported and other posts are not related to the bug, this thread will now be closed. If you want to discuss this topic further, please do so in either the General Discussion forum or the Suggestions forum if you have thoughts you want to share on home instances.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed