Non stop crashing since the update [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nugnovadosed.9348

Nugnovadosed.9348

iv been playing the game for about 5 hours today, as soon as the update happened my game is non stop crashing anytime i do anything. every world boss i go to just as i enter combat it crashes and an error report comes up. iv never had this problem before

Posted by: Hollowpint.2670

Hollowpint.2670

My game also has never crashed before today, and has crashed twice since the update.

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Same here. Keep crashing non stop

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Confirmed, I crashed right after logging in. It usually takes a couple hours in Maguuma to crash me.

Posted by: MoonMyst.6805

MoonMyst.6805

Have dc’d three times from EOTM since patch d/l. Game completely shuts down, no error/warnings, just bounced out to desktop. Others reporting same.

Add’l info was running solo, not in squad/party/etc/

(edited by MoonMyst.6805)

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

me too, nothing today, then twice since update

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yip.. welcome back to CrashWars

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

Same here. My game crashed when I first log after the patch (was with my warrior at Lion’s Arch), then the game crashed again when teleported to another map, also crashed in the middle of Tequatl, and crashed again when switched to my Thief at Malchor’s Leap.

Before today my game only crashed some times when I tryied to teleport to another map after Tequatl.

Posted by: aiane.3175

aiane.3175

Same issues on Mac client. Crash after log in, when trying to engage and choose answer in conversation window, when opening other windows. The game simply closes, just like that, without any error info or any other appearing window. Closed 3 times in last 15min. After first two I was able to launch it again, after third one it says the application is not responding, I need to restart computer.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I, too, keep crashing. I’m on the mac client if that helps.
I’m not even playing yet!
here’s what my morning has been:
log in, select main, click guild hall button, disapear (no message, no pause, just game is closed)
open it back up, log in, select main, go to guild hall, open TP delivery dude, relist some things, crash.
open it back up, log in, select main, open TP delivery dude, relist rest of things, donate stuff to treasury, exit guild hall, try to wp to camp resolve (pact supply network), crash.
open it back up, log in, select main, wp to camp resolve, wp to other pact supply network peeps, wp to rata sum, walk 10 feet, screen turns shades of orange with weird tiangles everywhere, crash.
this was all in the last hour.

Mystic.5934

here, I took a screen shot of the latest crash.
uhhh, I jumped off the cliff above the small pool of water into that pool of water in dry top, then walked out of the water, then crash

Attachments:

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

+1 once the update started I crashed. Everytime I reopen the client it instantly freezes and crashes.

But dear ANet, today you made something I doubted to be possible at all. When I start the client auto-repair, even that crashes xD.

Please, for the sake of your programmers and our nerves, do a beta test next time. I won’t try until tomorrow evening. Keep your spirit vale.

EDIT: Windows 10, 64 Bit, Intel i5 6600k, Nvidia GTX 960

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

Having freezing in heart of thorns and map is not demisting no matter how far I travel
to reveal map areas.

restarting to see if it happens more will update if doing same

Posted by: bubblewrap.4987

bubblewrap.4987

Constantly crashing as well.

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Same, constant crashes

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

Also constant crashes, also on mac client. Often seems to accompany trying to look at map view which appears with big black boxes or misaligned, then crash happens immediately.

Posted by: Kusaku.9056

Kusaku.9056

Reliably crashing every 2 minutes since update.
I can’t even fast travel without it crashing right after

Posted by: acidic.2497

acidic.2497

Crash Crash Crash. Getting worse after the patch.

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

Same here, stopped playing after the 4th crash.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I just crashed aswell when I tried to open the TP. Before doing that I already had some really weird graphical issues occuring like super stretched out airship models in Verdant Brink (all this has been taking place there). When relogging it fixed itself for a short while but quickly came back when I was gliding around. I also noticed that my map was full of fog several times (minimap still worked fine). I’m not sure if this is an issue with my harddrive/gpu or that it is something specifically to the patch. I rarely crashed in the past and I have never seen these stretched out textures/models before. This map fog issue is also something I’ve never had in the past.

When my game crashed I did get an error log but before sending it I decided to check this forum. By the time I had done that the log window closed itself so I can’t send a report.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Are these OOM crashes? 32-bit? 64-bit? Mac?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

after latest update I’m also having crashes … never had them before
using Windows 10 x64
last crash was when DS last boss had 1% health … tried to get back on the map to collect reward but why should that work lol

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Posted by: Icedragon.6407

Icedragon.6407

Windows 7 64 bit here, crashed 4 times in about 3 hours – its baddd Twice were in DS on Mouth (of course I couldn’t get back to either of them), once was LA, once was VB next to raid entrance area.

Posted by: Minx.5296

Minx.5296

same here. It usually crashes about every 1-2 hours or at bosses, but since the update it’s only a party pooper

Posted by: Necrolust.6358

Necrolust.6358

Crashed 3 times today, twice in wvw once in Verdant Brink. Getting really annoying.

Dissident Aggressors [DA] @ SFR

Posted by: guanuma.4087

guanuma.4087

Started crashing non-stop now (after the update) . It used to take a few hours to crash but now every few minutes the game is crashing. This is really getting out of hands… >:|

I can’t even play this anymore.

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

Yeah, been 4 crashes since I attempted to log on an hour ago. :p Mac client if that matters, though this seems fairly widespread.

Posted by: autopsie.6159

autopsie.6159

Same here.. Running windows vista home edition.

The crashes were happening 5-10 minutes apart during the halloween event and then got better when that ended leaving the game crashing with the OOM error only every hour or so.. but after today’s update, i login and crash almost immediately.

Crashes almost as soon as i log in.. I can stay in a maximum of about 4 minutes then it crashes… shortest time has been 1 minute after logging in.

My character was in tangled depths if that helps any.

“We’ve come for your daughter Chuck.” Michael Keaton, Beetlejuice. 1988

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Yup, same here. I even crashed just launching the game for the first time after patching. I didn’t even get to the character selection screen. On the second try I at least got into the game, but it crashes every minute or so. Totally unplayable.

It wasn’t this bad for me when HoT launched (but almost as bad). “Improved” to the point where I could get a couple hours in before frequent crashes ended my playing day. But now this. I was actually naive enough to hope today’s patch would improve everything.

Every other game and program I have works flawlessly. If Anet thinks I’m going to go through the hassle and expense of upgrading. Or jump though hoops to play this one game (which was stable for me from open beta 3 yrs ago, the initial launch and then the years before HoT), they are sorely mistaken.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

Posted by: Glowdeggel.2613

Glowdeggel.2613

I also crashed 2 times today in 4 hours play. I have never crashed before. I’m using the 32 bit client but will try the 64 bit tomorrow.

Posted by: ffletcher.3468

ffletcher.3468

Win7 64bit. Default client. Never had crashes before. Four or five in a row. It settled down then and I was able to rebuild VB central camp until minutes to nightfall. Then dropped straight to desktop. Lost all the work, all the xp. Pretty much had it with this game.

Posted by: autopsie.6159

autopsie.6159

the windows 64 bit client isn’t really 64 bit.. it uses the same DAT file that the 32 bit version does. The only changes are that the LAUNCHER is 64 bit and gives the game a slightly higher memory string to read from.. the game will still crash just the same.

The processes are all still 32 bit as well as all the files except the launcher.

I have been having crashing problems since HoT launched.

At first the people on the forums were inclined to believe it was a Nvidia problem or AMD problem since people with Intel HD video DO NOT GET THE OOM crash.

Since the halloween event ended, the crashes had subsided some (leading me to believe it was a mismatch in the coding from a 3 year old event) but today, the game is just unplayable for a lot of people, me included.

I can log in and i crash almost immediately. If i do make it into the game, i can stay on between 3-10 minutes maximum, then the error box to report to anet pops up and the game closes.

I hope they fix this ASAP because right now there are a ton of people who are starting to get really mad.

“We’ve come for your daughter Chuck.” Michael Keaton, Beetlejuice. 1988

Posted by: kickingshoes.2410

kickingshoes.2410

Same. Crashed FIVE times in the TWO hours since I installed the patch.

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Same here. Me, my wife and 3 of my guildies (different regions) had their game crashed 2-3 times after the update. And cpu usage seems at %94 when only gw2 is running, which is abnormal.

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

any devs want to comment on this pls?

can we get confirmation that someone knows this is happening?

Posted by: Iceman.1295

Iceman.1295

I posted this in another thread already but try switching to Windowed Fullscreen in graphics settings… it seems to solve crashing for me, at least the part about being stuck on loading screens

Posted by: Laughing Crow.7581

Laughing Crow.7581

Crash, crash, crash just doing ordinary things – step out of waypoint, crash, rather than the occasional event crash.

Stopped playing. Waiting for a fix.

Posted by: Drox.4562

Drox.4562

I crashed right when I hit the “play” button on my character screen after updating. The second time I finally was able to get in game and do some stuff in LA. Then when I went to talk to an NPC after a bit it crashed again. All within mins of both crashes, so whatever they did with this update really messed something up.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

AS the title says, I’ve put in 3 ingame reports which never seem to do any good- but each time I switch a map or pull up my map- Boom crash.

I’ve never crashed before until the HoT which was once evry blue moon I would crash, now it’s every map switch or each time I pull up my map.

Mystic.5934

that’s an interesting error (I’m on a mac)

update: I’ve now crashed 4 times during this teq fight, and we aren’t even to the first burn phase yet. 5. 6. 7. got the loot! lol no green dragon chest, guess I was in another instance when credit for that was given. this is why I don’t play meta events anymore.

Attachments:

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Mayyo.8513

Mayyo.8513

Same for me. Before today’s patch I basically never crashed, even after HoT launch when lots of people were reporting constant crashed in DS etc. After today’s patch I’ve crashed three times already.

Kylden Ar.3724

Great. The new patch made it worse. Now I’m crashing in core, PvP, and WvW Borderlands.

If they don’t want my Gems anymore, they could just tell me they are not going to fix this and I could move on to Star Wars or something that fixes these.

Kylden

Posted by: Zipanu.3947

Zipanu.3947

Same here. Never crashed before in-game, despite being on a Mac Beta client, until today that is, where I’ve crashed twice. It’s not pretty and I was in an organised DS event. Mildly infuriating.

Edit: We’re talking about white screen of death. No other option than force quitting GW2 and then restarting rMBP. Happened once during story and once during DS. Excellent way of making me go to bed though.

(edited by Zipanu.3947)

Posted by: Gabriel Dobiel.6942

Gabriel Dobiel.6942

I have been crashing on and off since HoT, and then multiple times today after the patch. I am running win 10 64bit, and am going to try the 64bit beta to see if that helps at all…

Posted by: bubblewrap.4987

bubblewrap.4987

Crashing about every five minutes now. This pretty much makes the game unplayable.

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

Mac Client
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 (64 bit)
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

The game started crashing regularly after the HOT update. I’ve been getting by by changing my video settings to “Best Performance”. After this patch that doesn’t work for long and I’ve been crashing every 10 minutes or so whether I’m in the world or in a city.

It’s very frustrating especially considering that there are no plans to update the Mac client to 64 bit.

Posted by: Kyx.4380

Kyx.4380

before this patch i couldn’t play the new maps without crashes, but the core game was fine and running, no crashes whatsoever but now, with the new patch, they just enabled “upgraded HoT mode” for all of us.. wich means MORE crashes and in EVERY mode or map, being the new ones or just the core game…
i guess this is how they plan to “deal” with us who have the misfortune to crash and don’t have a 64bit OS: by just IGNORING us and making everything even worse, so we’ll just stop playing on our own and the problems will magically disappear! just look at what support says: if u got a 32b, they tell you to get a 64b, and if you have a 64b,
they tell you to try the 64b client… and if you have a 32b and can’t/don’t want to upgrade? for them you’re just trash… and we’re being treated as such, mocked and ignored. and i bet that they’ll soon just say “32b OS are not supported anymore!” and that will just be the end.

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

6 crashes in 2 hours, upgraded to 64 bit and now I cannot stop crashing out of WvW….

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

Ha, I crashed literally upon entering the character select screen

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

Kylden Ar.3724

before this patch i couldn’t play the new maps without crashes, but the core game was fine and running, no crashes whatsoever but now, with the new patch, they just enabled “upgraded HoT mode” for all of us.. wich means MORE crashes and in EVERY mode or map, being the new ones or just the core game…
i guess this is how they plan to “deal” with us who have the misfortune to crash and don’t have a 64bit OS: by just IGNORING us and making everything even worse, so we’ll just stop playing on our own and the problems will magically disappear! just look at what support says: if u got a 32b, they tell you to get a 64b, and if you have a 64b,
they tell you to try the 64b client… and if you have a 32b and can’t/don’t want to upgrade? for them you’re just trash… and we’re being treated as such, mocked and ignored. and i bet that they’ll soon just say “32b OS are not supported anymore!” and that will just be the end.

I would rather they just be bloody well honest and SAY THAT.

It worked fine in BWE. No problems. Then all the issues since launch. No fixes. Very few comments on it. The only place they admitted the memory fragmentation issue was buried in a thread here and one buried on reddit. No front page sticky of, ’We’re working on it."

I am really starting to feel like they are saying “we got your money already, we don’t care.” to their (admittedly small) 32-bit user population, and their Mac populations, and that is terrible business. I will never pre-purchase from them again, and they will never see another dollar for Gems.

Kylden