in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

I feel so cheated buying this game … i should have stay in wow

Non stop crashing since the update [Merged]

Posted by: Schnook.5419

Schnook.5419

This game is getting worse now I’ve also been crashing since HoT release and it makes my cpu sky rocket to 90 degrees… oh and this started happening this week as well (see image). Bright green and blue crap all over the cliffs and water and no it’s not my graphics card or my laptop, every other game I have tried works fine. I’ve even reinstalled my Nvidia Graphics driver and tried all sorts of other stuff and this keeps happening, it’s just ridiculous! Sent two support tickets now, with screenshots and no replies.
https://gyazo.com/0536d942216c80c18d54596cbeb03918
https://gyazo.com/ed4f312101971de0d9d284f31205c14c
https://gyazo.com/6c4371ca34bdd9f4649e70763ccc8413
https://gyazo.com/aaa3f3910b0988b5cf6b688a9b99d589
https://gyazo.com/845e37324be67ffb126ba9899577fe3b

I also get stuck in loading screens and only when i ctrl/alt/del to get out because I can’t alt/tab as it won’t work, does it bother to load and when it does the weird textures happen.

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

Just download the 64bit client if you didn’t. I had the same issue yesterday. I downloaded the 64bit one and since then I never had a crash today.

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

Just adding to the “I don’t usually get crashes, but I’ve had several since the patch update” train here.

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

ok thx for the reply. i’m playing with 64-bit client as well now.

Posted by: Valeera.2683

Valeera.2683

My game crashes after every patch since HoT launched… That’s ironical, I thought patches were supposed to fix the issues, not cause them…

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

I crashed walking through Lion’s Arch. I crash all the time now and I’m getting to the point that I’ll go read a book or play something else.

Posted by: Mausty.1760

Mausty.1760

Im LUCKY if i get 10-20 minutes of solid gameplay. I can’t believe they had the audacity to release new content while this fatal game bug is persisting. Sad Anet, SAD.

Valeera.2683

I crashed walking through Lion’s Arch. I crash all the time now and I’m getting to the point that I’ll go read a book or play something else.

I ctashed changing maps, lost VW map just after killing the boss ( no a single lag, just poof, crashed). This is rather off putting to play

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

wtf is this teh game is unplayable atm, and u guys not even reply here??WTF IS THIS?
ITS NOT ENOUGH I FACE PREMADES AFTER PREMADES, on top need to deal with crashes when i open trade post , crashes when i load maps, freezes that i need to restart my pc( im sure this is not good for the pc either) before HOT no crashes and now crashes after crash?
how can u play teh f…….ing game?
or maybe all our pcs become trash and gw2 needs a super machine to run it? o wait wait wait there is super machines also crashes so wtf is going on ? u cant fix this kitten? you not even reply here , its so infuriating.. so maybe everything is fine?
do you guys even play the game.
sick of this i really need a break from this game this kitten is unplayable.

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

wtf is this teh game is unplayable atm, and u guys not even reply here??WTF IS THIS?
ITS NOT ENOUGH I FACE PREMADES AFTER PREMADES, on top need to deal with crashes when i open trade post , crashes when i load maps, freezes that i need to restart my pc( im sure this is not good for the pc either) before HOT no crashes and now crashes after crash?
how can u play teh f…….ing game?
or maybe all our pcs become trash and gw2 needs a super machine to run it? o wait wait wait there is super machines also crashes so wtf is going on ? u cant fix this kitten? you not even reply here , its so infuriating.. so maybe everything is fine?
do you guys even play the game.
sick of this i really need a break from this game this kitten is unplayable.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Im hearing reports of the 64bit client still having issues. Can you report back if you still get crashes?

Posted by: Cowfang.3518

Cowfang.3518

Yes, I have a super machine and I crash too.

http://puu.sh/lqtUZ/a592e77d02.png

for opening trade company

Posted by: Nugnovadosed.9348

Nugnovadosed.9348

The game is close to unplayable right now. every world boss i go to, can do all the pre’s fine with loads of players then as soon as the main boss fight starts thats it, instant crash when combat starts and relog bk in to find im no where near the boss and i lose out on all the loot but i still get a bronze loot box because i got a hit in b4 i crashed so im locked to that boss for nothing

Posted by: Cozza.2836

Cozza.2836

Yeah, that works great if you are playing on a mac……………

Seriously, I have been crashing so many times since the last patch. Since the expansion update I have had it pretty good compared to what others have written, but the last update did something bad. MAKE IT STOP. pls.

Posted by: Sepe.1463

Sepe.1463

If you have a 64bit system, I highly recommend trying the 64bit client. Since HoT I was crashing 4-7 times a day with 32bit and now with 64bit client, no crashes at all. I also recommend to repair the client and delete the local.dat file. Doing these three steps fixed my crash-issues.

Posted by: Nybor.9687

Nybor.9687

Just wanted to +1 this.

Since the raid patch yesterday, I have been getting disconnected at really random times. It minimized my game, shows me an error message and then GW2 Client stops responding.

I can’t really complain too much because this is the first problem I’ve had really, but it is really frustrating and I would like some help please.
Thanks!

Chogger

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

If you have a 64bit system, I highly recommend trying the 64bit client. Since HoT I was crashing 4-7 times a day with 32bit and now with 64bit client, no crashes at all. I also recommend to repair the client and delete the local.dat file. Doing these three steps fixed my crash-issues.

Yadda yadda yadda. If you read the thread it is full of people reporting crashes with the 64bit client.

Recommending people do something that they’ve already done and are reporting problems with while claiming it’s the solution to the problem they’re reporting is less than useless. It’s basically sticking your fingers in your ears and claiming to be listening.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

32 bit gave me crashes, so does 64

Posted by: Big Fat Doba.1267

Big Fat Doba.1267

Same here. Never crashed before or if I did it was like twice a year or something wholly forgettable. Can’t even play now. Anything beyond map completion is a waste of time with the game like this.

Valeera.2683

Still no follow up from Anet to let ppl know they are at least working on it? Suggest why these issue persist to exist? I have been complaining about the crash issues ever since the release of the patch fixing the mastery farm in CoF came out. Every patch I crash all the time. It used to be just the AB map during Octovine event, now it’s Central Tyria as well and i didnt even have to face a boss – just switching maps crash the game… I am having the worst experince EVER with the game…. ArenaNet, can we, please, get some info on what’s going on?

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I’ve been getting bluescreens with the 64-bit client, and regular 40-60-min crashes with both clients. I’ve got all drivers updated (which was an improvement, because before that I was getting crashes every 5-10 minutes). So yeah, you’re not alone in the boat. Lotta troubles going around. I wanted to think it was my computer and not the game to blame for me having to repeat a mission sequence 10 times, but seriously… the only other game that does this to me is Assassin’s Creed: Unity, and that game dies on everyone.

And The Witcher 3 works beautifully on high settings, so it’s not the quality of my rig.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

I too started having a lot of random CTDs after yesterday’s patch. Earlier, I finally broke down and downloaded the 64 bit client (I generally try to avoid betas), and so far so good.. crosses fingers
The problem, though, with something like this is that it’s so difficult to diagnose, given all the different configurations people are running. If it is at all useful, I have Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, 960 card, and I have a desktop. As I said, so far the 64 bit client appears to be functioning without issue.

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

It seems they dont give a kitten………. really sad

Posted by: Rise.6284

Rise.6284

Please fix this madness crash ASAP , i can’t get into game doing anything becasue it’s keep crash every 15mins.

I don’t mind you focus update on Raid , i don’t mind you fix these NPC VOICE.
At least can you fix the most important things for your game player? FIX THAT GAME CRASH please.

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

W8.1 Nvidia card. First time having the game crash as well. Happened twice after the update. Today when I logged in the game was very very very choppy. left LA and went wvw and it was bearable but still very choppy when moving the camera around.

Yesterday after a fractals run my screen went weird and things seemed…fatter than usual. Like the screen resolution had changed to something slightly different. Horizontally stretched. Still seems like its horizontally stretched slightly. Character models look fatter and wider than usual.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: VSangel.1867

VSangel.1867

Same…. every world boss I crash and come back to nothing. Boss is dead and no credit

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think it’s just as important to report specs of systems that are not crashing to get a better picture of what’s happening. To be clear, I am not suffering from crashes, this is just to contribute more information.

Desktop, I play my main account on this (has HoT). Only had one crash after the Raid update, but that was after about three hours of playing (and lots of alt-tabbing out while waiting for maps to load).

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB
Running 32 bit client

Laptop, I play my alt account on this (doesn’t have HoT and it’s below minimum specs). It’s on for about an hour and a half every day, not a single crash so far.

Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
Intel Pentium T3200 Dual Core 2.0 GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS 512MB
Running 32 bit client

The crashing doesn’t appear to have anything to do with 32 or 64 bit clients. Switching clients has helped some people, but it also has done nothing for others. Considering a lot of people suffer graphical glitches before they crash, I suspect the problem lies in GW2’s usage of the video card’s VRAM (and it seems like a lot of people who suffer this issue are using GeForce GTX 900 series cards).

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

Yeah I’m in WvW and I’ve been crashing non stop since I downloaded the 64 bit. It was sporadically crashing on DS maps but once i downloaded this recent patch It became every 20 min, Really getting annoying A_Net.

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Its getting worse with every patch. It used to be on bosses or after 30min. Now its 3 min to crash on any map. Even empty maps in wvw.. Pathetic support and quality.
You have a 32 bit client. Make it work. I have no issues with any other game. This buggy crap is a waste of money.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

I’ve been crashing so many times since they began patching it’s become a part of the expansion for me.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Well, no mention of anything addressing this problem in the notes for the patch that just went up….

Posted by: Kyx.4380

Kyx.4380

one day has passed, and all we got is a new patch that only fixed trivial things (and on top of that, hot is out from like a month and i still couldn’t play it), and devs still refuse to even acknowledge this problem …and why they should? after all, to them, we’re just a minority of ppl who can’t/don’t want to buy a new shining pc (so we surely won’t buy gems). they already took our money for hot, and since we dared to complain about not being able to play it, and now they’re making the same to the whole game, so we’ll just leave the game and let them enjoy our bucks… this is what i call a SCAM! because, that’s what it is, they make u buy something that you think it’ll work (played beta for hours without any crash), and then when they get the bucks, poof, they just disappear! as a veteran player from gw1 i really didn’t expect this kind of attitude from you… being treated as trash that needs to be ignored

Posted by: decompiler.3250

decompiler.3250

I think it’s just as important to report specs of systems…

Considering a lot of people suffer graphical glitches before they crash, I suspect the problem lies in GW2’s usage of the video card’s VRAM (and it seems like a lot of people who suffer this issue are using GeForce GTX 900 series cards).

An excellent point, Pandaman. I am crashing every ~10-20 minutes, and did supply crash info, but didn’t think to supply system info, so here’s that:

MacBook Pro
Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Also of note: I’ve not purchased the upgrade to HoT yet.

[this space intentionally left blank]

Valeera.2683

one day has passed, and all we got is a new patch that only fixed trivial things (and on top of that, hot is out from like a month and i still couldn’t play it), and devs still refuse to even acknowledge this problem …and why they should? after all, to them, we’re just a minority of ppl who can’t/don’t want to buy a new shining pc (so we surely won’t buy gems). they already took our money for hot, and since we dared to complain about not being able to play it, and now they’re making the same to the whole game, so we’ll just leave the game and let them enjoy our bucks… this is what i call a SCAM! because, that’s what it is, they make u buy something that you think it’ll work (played beta for hours without any crash), and then when they get the bucks, poof, they just disappear! as a veteran player from gw1 i really didn’t expect this kind of attitude from you… being treated as trash that needs to be ignored

Well, calling them scammers may be over the top here. Don’t get me wrong, I am just as mad as you are – losing several Octovine maps, VW just as we killed the last boss and I didnt even get to the chest… They may not have expected to face this many issues. After all, a lot of things they present to us are new, like raids, or gliding. I do understand that the codes are all sort of difficult, HOWEVER, they need to release a communication (if that hasn’t been done already) on what they think the issue is and how they are fixing it. I think GW2 need a PTS, like WoW or ESO have. Maybe a lot of these issues could have been avoided. I’m playing ESO (that has far better and more detailed graphics) and I have no issue with it. I ran Skyrim and Hearthstone, no issues, no crashes not even lags.

I started complaining shortly after HoT hit, and everyone told me to shut it, that it was my PC and not Anet, and how flawless and smooth the launch went. Well, yeah, LAUNCH was smooth, everything post-launch is poop (I’ll refrain from using stronger words). I’ve been with GW2 for over a year, and I must say I have never had this many issues with it, and I am certainly appalled that not a word from the devs on the issue.

(edited by Valeera.2683)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’ve been getting crashes as well, nothing to send to anet, but just the windows saying “gw2 has stopped working, debug or close?”.

I am using the 64 bit client though, but was running smooth till the raid patch

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

My specs as well:

iMac
21.5 inch, mid-2011
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB
OS X 10.9.5

Crashing every 10-15 minutes, even after this evening’s patch.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I too started having a lot of random CTDs after yesterday’s patch. Earlier, I finally broke down and downloaded the 64 bit client (I generally try to avoid betas), and so far so good.. crosses fingers
The problem, though, with something like this is that it’s so difficult to diagnose, given all the different configurations people are running. If it is at all useful, I have Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, 960 card, and I have a desktop. As I said, so far the 64 bit client appears to be functioning without issue.

Well… I’m running it on desktop too. Hope yours is working, but mine hasn’t worked properly since HoT released, patches and all. Last one didn’t affect me at all, positively or negatively >.<

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Update- still crashing constantly

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

My crash rate has increased majorly within the past few days (updates) it’s quite…annoying. But I have faith in ANet

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

I am getting the random crashes as well on the old client.
Funny thing is I get the report crash to ANET screen pop up and I am able to move it out of the screen mostly and continue playing for a good 5-10 minutes, only thing that is off is the sound.
This too started right after the raid patch.

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

crashed 4 times in less than 1 hour, I have Never crashed so many times in so little time.

computer Specs:
Windows 7
Intel Core i7 4790 4.00 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
Nvidia GEforce GTX 780

Posted by: Chucklet.7290

Chucklet.7290

People with 32bit are chrasing, people on 64bit are chrasing, windows, mac, regardless of videocard. It seems hopeless. (been looking upgrading to 64bit, but I don’t see the use of going to the trouble)

Support has been pretty nice, but It doesn’t sounds like there will be a reliable fix anytime soon. Im sure they are reading everything tho, cuz all my stuff gets merged .

Kittens :3

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

It would just be really nice to hear some official word on the issue.

Even just a little “Hey sorry, we’re aware of this problem and working on it!” would be enough to satisfy a great deal of us, I’m sure.

The hush-hush approach just makes us feel like Anet could care less. Why bother keeping customers informed, right? It’ll get fixed when it gets fixed.

Not that it ever will be fixed, for all we know.

It probably sounds like I’m pouting. Honestly I hate the special snowflake, “customer is always right” attitude, and I try very hard not to be like that. But I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request.

(edited by Kitten Commander.8952)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

People with 32bit are chrasing, people on 64bit are chrasing, windows, mac, regardless of videocard. It seems hopeless. (been looking upgrading to 64bit, but I don’t see the use of going to the trouble)

Support has been pretty nice, but It doesn’t sounds like there will be a reliable fix anytime soon. Im sure they are reading everything tho, cuz all my stuff gets merged .

Its pretty simple: Squad UI and Raids were still not ready for release, but they decided to release them anyway.

Edit: 9th crash in less than 2 hours.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Vincent.9380

Vincent.9380

Un-playable since last patch in WvW, constant crashes.
Nvidia 780ti x2
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

32 bit client.
Tried repair and clean re-install of video drivers.

(edited by Vincent.9380)

Posted by: Chucklet.7290

Chucklet.7290

Its pretty simple: Squad UI and Raids were still not ready for release, but they decided to release them anyway.

How they messed up the entire game just by releasing broken raids and squads (which I don’t use/intend to use anytime soon), is still beyond me tho ^^.

Kittens :3

Posted by: AzmariaDei.1063

AzmariaDei.1063

prior to this patch i had crashed a total of twice since playing… after the patch? i’ve crashed over 20 times. I stopped counting.

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

Anet…. please!!!
7 times in one hour…………………

I won’t complain about specs, class balance, wvw….. at least fix the crashes!!!!

Posted by: Laughing Crow.7581

Laughing Crow.7581

Solution to all the wasted time and costs from the crashes:

Arena Net award us:
1 gold for every crash
BL key every 10th crash

5 rare mats for each failed event due to a crash (currently on my 5th server trying to do the Megadestroyer for the daily and it looks like I’ve missed it now due to crashes and server transfers)

Or better yet, make 3 crashes as the daily! Save a lot of trouble and frustration and time for other games

(edited by Laughing Crow.7581)