Non stop crashing since the update [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Crashed 2 times in 30 minutes in WvW. Need to make a queue again and run to commander again, I think I will stop playing for now.

Posted by: bondo.2896

bondo.2896

I’ve been crashing so many times since they began patching it’s become a part of the expansion for me.

+1 to this expansion, good job anet keep of the brilliant work

• Crash <—*
    OOM: Heap, bytes=1048624,
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 1560
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 012E0000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 55446
    When: 2015-11-19T04:16:27Z 2015-11-18T20:16:27-08:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:46:08
    Flags: 0

Posted by: KRUVOS.7983

KRUVOS.7983

Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill ’KIWQR.F77q2 Is anyone else getting this in their ERROR log? or similar as its the main thing Crashing me every few minutes.

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

I got 1:30 hour penalty in spvp cause of this kind of crash. But wait , they ve put Dishonor System but their game is unstable and results in crash . YOU ARE SO CLEVER ! I WANNA KISS U ANET

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I am getting the random crashes as well on the old client.
Funny thing is I get the report crash to ANET screen pop up and I am able to move it out of the screen mostly and continue playing for a good 5-10 minutes, only thing that is off is the sound.
This too started right after the raid patch.

Except… I’ve had that same problem since the start of HoT, haha. Well, sometimes it dies altogether, and sometimes I can continue without noise and with the game slowly perishing in front of my eyes.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

Im hearing reports of the 64bit client still having issues. Can you report back if you still get crashes?

I’m using the 64-bit client, and I’ve crashed after each of the two most recent patches (not including the one today, which I’m downloading right now.)

In general, I still crash with the 64-bit, but it seems to be a bit less frequently than with the 32-bit.

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Pretty bad memory leak happening rn. Lots of OOM: crashes.

Please fix asap kthx.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Im hearing reports of the 64bit client still having issues. Can you report back if you still get crashes?

I’m using the 64-bit client, and I’ve crashed after each of the two most recent patches (not including the one today, which I’m downloading right now.)

In general, I still crash with the 64-bit, but it seems to be a bit less frequently than with the 32-bit.

Funny, because I get the opposite: the 64-bit client crashes 3-4 times per hour, whereas the 32-bit one usually lasts 40-50 minutes before dying.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

3 random crashes in an hour for me. Fortunately, each time the crash report appeared.

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

Today the same problem crash every 5 min, and game frozen…..

Piper halliwell w.6578

I remember this game in 2012/13 it was fun -now it is patch to patch worse and worse.
Still crash every 5 min, game frozen or just turn off the game itself.

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

My computer specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
OS 10.10.1

I can’t post crash logs because when I crash everything goes to white screen, no text, no nothing. For the most part with these crashes I can get to the finder and force quit the game, as opposed to having to hard restart. Sometimes the game just quits completely with no warning which mostly happens on loading screens: go to enter a new zone, suddenly I’m looking at my desktop with nothing running.

This has been happening on central Tyria maps and especially in Lion’s Arch. I’ve been avoiding HoT maps completely since the 11/17 patch.

Posted by: Loner.3452

Loner.3452

After the patch today it get worse than yesterday, I hope they get it fix asp. Maybe there was a bug on the previous patch because this didn’t seems to be happening before yesterday. Maybe dev should do some backtrack to spot the problem, maybe they can see something. But I don’t know, I really not very expert on computer stuff.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

As a mac user, yes, please fix crashes. And give us a client that’s not STILL IN BETA SINCE GW2 ORIGINAL RELEASE.

Posted by: Nick.5276

Nick.5276

Crash, Crash, Crash Crash, off to bed

Posted by: Nick.5276

Nick.5276

Run repair, crash, re-run repair, crash

Posted by: Necromus.9276

Necromus.9276

The crashing doesn’t appear to have anything to do with 32 or 64 bit clients. Switching clients has helped some people, but it also has done nothing for others. Considering a lot of people suffer graphical glitches before they crash, I suspect the problem lies in GW2’s usage of the video card’s VRAM (and it seems like a lot of people who suffer this issue are using GeForce GTX 900 series cards).

I agree with this assessment. It is all graphics related. I was crashing constantly until I put the graphics on the “Best Performance” setting, and even then I still have crashing issues, just not as often. I’m on Mac, so I do not think it is an OS based issue. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5750.

“Building a wall is like fighting a war…”

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

i tried to report with details the problem (they probably didn’t read…)… the answer was… < change pc >

#BELIEVEINARENANET

Posted by: Lord Huntsman.4691

Lord Huntsman.4691

Ridiculous amount of crashes has grown x3 since last patch. You’ve made a bad problem even worse! Before HoT, I would never crash – ever. Since HoT, there were a few… new release, okay I get that bugs need to be worked out. However, with every new “fix” the problem is worsening.

It’s awesome when you spend 30 minutes in Dragon Stand, crash, and then can’t get back because the map is full. That has happened so many times that it’s not worth playing GW2. ANet’s QA team has always been subpar. If they don’t put some focus on this right away, I guess it’s time for the player community to find another platform.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Rollback on the update, fix the crashes, then re-release when ready.

I think it’s appalling how few developers agree with you.
an unplayable game with awesome content is still not going to have any players.
seriously, players WANT to have a stable play experience. it’s one of those things that is so fundamental that you usually don’t have to say you want it… like breathing.
Even if that’s all a patch was, “we fixed all crashing bugs, that is all”, that would get far more applause than any content you could imagine.

Posted by: DuelFlaga.1273

DuelFlaga.1273

Bump. Crashes a lot since HoT, 64-bit doesn’t help.
Crashes got worse since Nov 17’s patch, averaging a crash every 30 minutes.

its either OOM crash, or …“memory at address xxxxxx can’t be loaded”

Piper halliwell w.6578

Oh i know guys this is new crashing world event in tyria. Who will score the most crash then get rewads yupiiii:)

Posted by: Ryuankh.4930

Ryuankh.4930

Getting both crashes with 32 and 64 client.. please fix it >< We can’t play like this..

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Client-Crashing-constantly-1/5774330

Try this – It worked for me (32 bit users)
No crashes so far after doing it.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Piper halliwell w.6578

• Crash <—*
    OOM: Heap, bytes=49152,
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 5676
    Cmdline:

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

There are a lot of reports in the bugs and accounts subforums. I’m not sure if the 64bit client alone is the fix for this one.

Same issue for both myself and my husband, on 2 different desktop systems (have not tried the laptop yet). Yesterday and most of tonight were wretched with crashes.

We installed the 64-bit client, and though we had some “stand still” moments, you know the kind where you think you’re getting the big ole’ kick? Everything smoothed out and was fine.

I’ll let folks know how things go tomorrow.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: eclectic.3891

eclectic.3891

Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill ’KIWQR.F77q2 Is anyone else getting this in their ERROR log? or similar as its the main thing Crashing me every few minutes.

Was looking through my log too and that was in there A LOT.

Posted by: Mikey G The Fox.4509

Mikey G The Fox.4509

The Mac beta is trash. Crashes all the time

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Yet we still dont get any official answer! this is frustrating

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

3 crashes today alone all in Dragons Stand… last time after I killed the boss so no loot

Siren – Aurora Glade

Posted by: WizardLizard.9348

WizardLizard.9348

This is so frustrating. You alt tab, 50% the game crash and no reports. YOu kill a boss, 50% the game crash. I have several time freeze/spike when changing zone (like jumping in the pit in the middle of Tarir to reach the lower part of the city) and bam the game crash.

The image freeze, sound keeps playing, you cant go back to descktop, you cant do anyhthing actually, gw stay in the foreground, I can’t even use task manager. Forced to shut down session and reconnect everytime.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

try to all report this kitten problem to support team soo they have more information and maybe they will fix it quickly

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

I keep crashing in AB, DS, everywhere…

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Posted by: Robroy.4073

Robroy.4073

I had several crashes since the raid-patch. All when completing the main events in Auric Basin and Dragon’s Stand. Missing all the lot, spending a lot of time = not fun at all.

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

just wanted to say that i just got the pacth , i press start unranked and 10 seconds after i got kicked to desktop.
now wtf is this really? how can we play the game? before HOT not even 1 crash for 3years and i have over 20 000+ pvp games and now every couple of minutes i get a dc!!
why do you release such expansion? every one is crashing , dont tell me its our computer, yes i have a 32 bit system but your game its a 32bit client , and what kittenes me of is that you not even reply to this crashes, the game is not playable atm, we cant play the game i crash every where even opening the trading post , how is this normal?
what can we do ? would be great some answers or maybe some apologies?

So many bugs loads , every pacth bring more bugs and insted or helping its actually doing the oposite.

I know its not related to crashes but , i just wanted to say that i have 5 caracters and i use 4 of them just to check animations and gameplay but i dont pvp with them , on my 5th (necro) i have over20k+ pvp games and i never got dishonor at least i cant remember in the last 3 years, a few weeks ago i was checking my caracters to check new animations on skills and i notice 1 of them (guard) has 20h+ dishonor, i hav enever played a single game with my guard i hav enever got dishonor before on any of my caracters and only 1 caracter got this 20h(i not even play with him in pvp ) i sent a ticket ingame and in email to anet asking why from my 5 caracters only 1 has 20h dishonor and none of others have .

they reply that its a bug, and the best i can do its to let the time pass, just to leave my caracter and go afk .

i was like WTF so its a bug and u cant remove the dishonor ? (not that i care that much since i never ever play with such caracter)

so if was 10000 hours dishonor?
its amazing that this guys care so less about helping , are they incompetent? or they just dont have time?
they not even apologise , they just mess the game more and more each time , there is no excuse for ths i payed twice for this game (original game + HOT) and what i got was bugs+ bugs + solo play vs premades (last 5 games 4 of them vs premades), bad balance and poor comunication.
Yes im upset , every day i play less and less cause this game is unplayable atm .

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Play, Crash, Reward progress lost, new map, play, Crash, Reward progress lost … ad infinitum

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

No improvement for me either, since the latest patch.

Four crashes in about 5 minutes, just in Hoelbrak, Sparkfly Fen and Gendarren Fields. Not doing any event or fighting. Just walking around.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

I’ve also been crashing intermittently (1 to 3 times per hour) since Tuesdays patch, prior to that almost never. I’m running the 64-bit client on Windows 7 and I have an nVidia Titan graphics card with the latest drivers (from about a week ago).

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I have been having the same issue. Played for about 3 hours last night. Crashed… I don’t know how many times. It was unplayable in Verdant Brink, crashing every 3 minutes. Other zones(non HoT) I was able to string together 15-30 minutes of game time between crashes. Changing zones crashed me 80% of the time.

I cannot upgrade to the 64 bit client. Plus, judging from this thread, people with the 64 bit client and fairly high end machines are having the same issue.

Posted by: Schnook.5419

Schnook.5419

I love how they merge our posts, yet nothing gets fixed!

To all of your saying get 64bit client, it doesn’t work for everyone, especially not me. It lags and runs like sh*t! Also, getting that client doesn’t solve the problem of the 32 bit client… why should we have to download something else to make the dam game work? They need to stop adding new content and fix all of these problems, it’s just ridiculous. I came back to this game for HoT, I’d been away from it for about 4/5 months, only for this to happen after a few weeks of owning the new expansion >.>

Posted by: Necromus.9276

Necromus.9276

To all of your saying get 64bit client, it doesn’t work for everyone, especially not me. It lags and runs like sh*t! Also, getting that client doesn’t solve the problem of the 32 bit client… why should we have to download something else to make the dam game work? They need to stop adding new content and fix all of these problems, it’s just ridiculous. I came back to this game for HoT, I’d been away from it for about 4/5 months, only for this to happen after a few weeks of owning the new expansion >.>

Also there is no 64-bit client for the Mac. It doesn’t sound like there ever will be one either, from previous dev posts.

“Building a wall is like fighting a war…”

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

so kittened kittenuuuu

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Been crashing today and a connection error. When the game crashes it freezes up so I can’t send error report. I have the 64 bit version. plus there is a second of lag time too.

Posted by: Zipanu.3947

Zipanu.3947

I keep crashing every time I try to do the Dragon’s Stand meta. A telltale sign that a crash is imminent is that every player with a Legendary item leaving any sort of trail, leave a trail of single-coloured squares that change colour as it fades instead. I crash within five minutes after seeing that.

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

I wasn’t even on for a minute and it crashed. I’m tired of Crash Wars, I want Guild Wars back.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I keep crashing at vinewrath nearly every try.

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

I’m having the same issue with crashes.

A fairly consistent pattern I’ve noticed is that it sometimes happens about a second into the loading screen of entering a new map and usually at least once during a World Boss Event. (Which is the worst because it can affect you getting the chest at the end.)

Other than that, it seems to be random, like I’ll be walking through Divinity’s Reach or through a map and the game just crashes for no reason.

§ky

Posted by: Schnook.5419

Schnook.5419

Also there is no 64-bit client for the Mac. It doesn’t sound like there ever will be one either, from previous dev posts.

I actually downloaded the 64-bit tonight cos I realised I needed to set my Nvidia card to run it in the control panel and that’s why it was lagging… either way it doesn’t help my loading screen problems or the texture effect bugs.

I also tried GTA V just now for half hour, laptop got warm, works perfectly fine >.> something is badly corrupted with GW2.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Crashing very often since the new patch, was crashin sometimes before it also mainly in DS, but now its much worse, the game is so unstable right now, please fix this asap because right now it is pointless to comit to playing anything of length due to the fact that you know you will crash.

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Why hasn’t this had a response to it yet? The crashing is ridiculous.