Norn voiceover bug

Norn voiceover bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

Has anyone noticed that norns (males at least) often utter lines in the voice of other races?

Whilst questing on my own, away from any other players, my norn will frequently announce how he is faster than a centaur in the voice of Nathan Drake, or grumble like a Charr.

My character is a male Norn thief, and I suspect that this is an audio bug. I have not noticed this with other races I have tried, including a male Human, a male Charr, and a male Sylvari.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Norn voiceover bug

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

I have occasionally had the issue of my female norn saying something with a male voice, when there are no other players or mobs nearby. Haven’t figured out a unifying factor yet, though.

Norn voiceover bug

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Yes. I have not had a Technician otherwise I have tried them all and all races. Every character I have played has had some kind of problem as you mention, it isn’t just Norns or Thieves.

Until now I tried to ignore it and assumed it would be fixed one day, then I read this so …

The ones I cannot ignore is when my male character speaks with a female voice. My Charr male Elemenatalist saying “I can run faster than a Centaur” with a human female voice is sooooo annoying.

Everything my guys say is on twitch maybe I can find and example.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

Norn voiceover bug

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

Same problem with my Norn female warrior. I asked in /map if other players were having a similar problem the answer was yes, it happens with all races, both genders.

(edited by Leto.5642)

Norn voiceover bug

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

Great, thanks for confirming my suspicions. Sorry to hear that it seems to effect all of us! I hadn’t seen any reports of this bug prior, so I hope that ANet catches this post and can do something about it.

Norn voiceover bug

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Having been through a few Regions since posting although I wasn’t writing down everytime it happened it seemed to be that if I am i a Norn Region I got Norn voices more often, when in a Charr Region I heard more Charr comments and so on. Most of the time in those regions I did sound like a muppet as all Asurans do, hard to be sure if I was male or female then but you know how they are

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]