Not dropping combat (Blazeridge Steppes).

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

In the Blightwater Basin (Blazeridge Steppes, near Sentinel Erria Riptongue) When i have defeated an enemy, i do not drop combat. It’s not a matter of giving it time – i am aware that sometimes, it takes a moment to “realize” combat is over – i simply don’t get released from a combat state unless i move right out of the area. No DOTs on my character, nothing of the sort. I’ve waited for any boons to expire as well…. nothing. Something is keeping me in combat, there, but is not actually fighting me. My character is lvl 40 (engineer).

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

On a few rare occasions, I have been “stuck” in combat mode – but this is usually because something else decided to attack me, usually that I didn’t see because I was starting to head away, and if I am in an area not quite spacious enough to cleanly break, it stays “hostile” even if it can’t reach where I am at.

Not sure if this is the case for you, just suggesting it as a possible explanation.

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

It’s a pretty open area, the only thing i could think of, if this is the case (and the thought did cross my mind) is: there may be an NPC enemy under the landscape in the area, trying to attack me, but not being able to. Because there’s no one else near, when i check. I cleared the surrounding enemies when i had 1st noticed this.