Not getting credit for monthly achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Arathorne shadow.3764

Arathorne shadow.3764

Q:

I am finishing my dailies, getting credit for it when I finish…log off…Log on next day I still show 0-4 monthly achievements, but my overall achievement points are showing credit, just not the monthly. I should be done with Monthly…This just started a few days ago. Please help !

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This would not be a Forum or Website Bug issue, but more suited to Game Bugs. For individualized assistance, you can contact CS. Top of Page – Support. Good luck.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It is likely that your monthly tasks you are completing are only individual tiers of the monthly tasks, which also grant achievement points, and that you’ve not fully completed the entire monthly task to gain credit toward its completion.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What EXACTLY do your MONTHLY Achievements show?

Example: Mine show that I have completed Daily Achievements (requires four to complete, I think). I have 10 of 12 Jumping Puzzles (will unlock at this IV tier to complete the Monthly). Some number of Champions Killed, Some number of Salvage kits used. Etc..

I have completed several tiers of these but they are NOT fully completed yet. When I get their last tier completed, They will count toward the Monthly (which requires 2 completed until the patch comes out on the 15th).

I’m unclear on what will happen after the patch on the 15th comes out, but I’m hoping we get the chance to earn some bonus Laurels and get the Monthlies a 2nd time.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: clay.6409

clay.6409

I’m experiencing the same issue, I think. When I log on and see the character selection screen, the Monthly achievement bar is only half full, and shows 2/4 complete. However, in-game, on the Achievement panel, the Monthly completion is showing 2/2, and is fully complete. But I have also completed 4 of the monthly achievements, so shouldn’t the progress bar on the character selection screen show completely full?

And why did the requirement for this month’s Monthly Completion go from 4 to 2 achievements? Not complaining, just wondering.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m experiencing the same issue, I think. When I log on and see the character selection screen, the Monthly achievement bar is only half full, and shows 2/4 complete. However, in-game, on the Achievement panel, the Monthly completion is showing 2/2, and is fully complete. But I have also completed 4 of the monthly achievements, so shouldn’t the progress bar on the character selection screen show completely full?

And why did the requirement for this month’s Monthly Completion go from 4 to 2 achievements? Not complaining, just wondering.

Here is the information about why:

Achievement Unification

In the feature pack, we will be unifying daily and monthly achievements. With new systems like the Wardrobe, Gear Unification, and Reward Tracks coming online to help create a consistent experience across different areas of the game, we felt that having separate daily and monthly achievement categories was unnecessary and potentially confusing.

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

Because the feature pack comes halfway through the month, April’s monthly achievements will be a special case. Until April 15, the PvE and PvP monthly categories will be separate and require only two achievements for completion. After April 15, there will be a single unified set of monthlies and dailies, and monthly completion will again require four total achievements.

There are a few other general changes to daily achievements. There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points, rotations have been updated, and several relevant achievements have been updated to function in PvP.

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Same issue. In game shows 2/2 despite having finished 5. Character select/start page still shows 2/4.

The above explanation says a lot I don’t need to know and little I wanted. Is there a way to get the 10 monthly laurels before the 15th (i.e. did anyone get theirs)? I didn’t get any at finishing 2 nor 4.

Cheers.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s entirely possible that we misunderstood (or it was badly explained) how this “split” month would work. It is very possible that when the patch goes live will get the monthly if you already have a least 2 done.

I suspected that all the claims that we can get 20 Laurels this month were premature speculation and how this month’s Achievements would work were just not very clear.

Grym.4295

Hi, Grimm. Thanks for the response. I’m still not clear on one thing, though. From chatter I’ve seen in chat it seems some did get their laurels at finishing 2/2 while others didn’t. I’m ALMOST 100% certain I did not. My laurels get spent as fast as I earn them and I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss an extra 10 after finishing only 2 monthlies. Is this the case… or is one side mistaken (i.e. no one has gotten monthly laurels yet)?

Hi, Anet. If we were supposed to get monthly laurels at 2/2, I may be bugged. If not, and we have to wait until the 15th, please make that clear.

Cheers.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I received my Monthly reward as soon as I finished the second one. I don’t believe anyone will get double rewards. Are you sure you didn’t get your reward? You may have missed noticing, as you weren’t expecting it.

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

Same issue. In game shows 2/2 despite having finished 5. Character select/start page still shows 2/4.

The above explanation says a lot I don’t need to know and little I wanted. Is there a way to get the 10 monthly laurels before the 15th (i.e. did anyone get theirs)? I didn’t get any at finishing 2 nor 4.

Cheers.

Exact same issues I am having!

Would be nice to know if we are going to get our monthly reward seeing as they have been completed.

Grym.4295

I received my Monthly reward as soon as I finished the second one. I don’t believe anyone will get double rewards. Are you sure you didn’t get your reward? You may have missed noticing, as you weren’t expecting it.

Sure? Never I would never claim that. I am nothing if not infinitely fallible.

The problem is I currently have only 4 laurels. I’ve literally been spending them (5 at a time on WvW infusions) as fast as I earn them. I’m sort of thinking I’d have noticed the extra 10… and I didn’t. So I’m fairly sure I didn’t get them.

Then again, as an Irishman living in Germany, there is the beer…

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

I also finished my 2/2 achievements. I submitted a report and was given canned responses (twice) nudging me to post on the forums for some reason. Would love to actually get my chest and laurels along with the rest of you.

Posted by: variablenonsense.9763

variablenonsense.9763

I just wanted to chime in and say that I did get mine when I finished 2/2 – immediately – so this is definitely a bug. I’m not sure what it’s showing on my achieve listing as I’m not in-game at the moment, but I got mine at about the same time constantLogic didn’t get his, so something weird is up.

Brother Grimm.5176

Just to add some data input to this issue. I DID get my Monthly last night after completing Champion Slayer and previously completed Daily Achiever (got rewards Chest and 10 Laurels). I also completed Jumping Puzzle (12 of 12) this morning and go the Achievement and points, but the Monthly still says 2 of 2 (even tho I have 3 completed).

Not sure what any of this means, but just wanted to share data.

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

Just to add more information, I’ve now completed four out of seven monthly achievements, still no chest, but I’m still showing “2 of 2 Complete” under the Monthly achievement category and “2/4 19 days left” on character select screen.

Attachments: