Not getting daily chest from world boss.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sentry.6187

Sentry.6187

As the title say, there’s a bug about not getting daily chest/big chest from world boss. I know there has been several post since the new update about this thing, and that most of the time it was just the poster that was not aware of the new rules, but I beleive this is not the case here. I have been doing 10+ event everyday since the day rares were implemented into world boss event (both before and after the march 26th update). Thing is, I have several lv 80 characters, most of wich I don’t use anymore, and they are all parked at world boss event location.

The bug is, that if you loging at the location of the world boss, during the event, you will not receive both the daily chest, AND the normal big chest.

Here’s an example that happened 2 days ago. (note that I haven’t done dwayna 2 days prior to this)

I’m on my warrior doing the dwayna temple event. Did most of the pre-event till the last phase (statue fight). At the start of the statue battle, a guildie calls in guild chat that maw is going, and knowing dwayna is a long fight, I relog on another alt to do the event. Cleared maw, then logged back on my warrior. I had relogged right where the event was going on. The fight was still going, and the statue still had 50% hp. Did the rest of the battle, and at the end did not receive both the daily chest, and the big chest. I did get a gold medal. Note that this was also 4 hours after the daily reset.

Roughly 2 hours later, I redid the temple, with the same character, without relogging, and got both chest.

Since the march 26th update, I have seen this happend quite a few times. I can’t say this goes for every event out there, but I can tell this happened to me at the shatterer, tequalt (3 times), fire elemental, and mark II golem. All in all, everytime I logged in DURING the event (not the pre-event, but the boss battle) at the location of the fight, I have not gotten both the big chest and daily reward, 100% of the times (that’s 9 times on 9 so far).

Just 10 minutes ago, I logged in on my elementalist, that was parked at tequalt. As I logged in, he was up with 95% hp left. I told myself, well this is a good time to test if what I’m thinking is right, so I went and did the fight, attacked the entire time, got gold medal, but again, not the big nor daily chest. (7 hours after daily reset, and I remember doing teq yesterday just after the daily reset, so there’s 30+ hours difference between both fights)

And that’s it, I’m hoping this is an actual bug, and not my account that is bugged.

(edited by Sentry.6187)

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

The same thing happened to me with both Tequatl and the Shatterer.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Hobie Kytty.5691

Hobie Kytty.5691

The same thing happened to me again tonight April 3rd. First time it happened was Monday night April 1st. Both times were during Shatterer events and doing them for the first time since the daily reset. Neither the dragon chest nor the daily rare chest spawned even though medals were received for completing the events. I was on my charr warrior.

Tuesday night it happened to my husband. Also on Shatterer event on his charr warrior.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’ve had the same thing happen to me numerous times with the Modnir boss in Harathi. I’ve completed the entire boss fight and received no boss chest, no daily chest. I did get the event completion medal and the cheap loot off the boss himself.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Toddzilla.6438

Toddzilla.6438

This has also happened to me on shadow behemoth and fire ele while using a lvl 12 character. However, I did get the daily chest on one of my 80s while doing shatterer.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

This issue still exist!
Few minutes ago my bf as a ranger again did not receive the bonus chest and normal chest from Tequatl. But the golden medal..

Here some more threads about that bug:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/World-Boss-Bonus-Chests-Not-Always-Appearing/first#post1755559
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/World-Boss-Chests-Not-Appearing/first#post1760730

Posted by: Hobie Kytty.5691

Hobie Kytty.5691

Happened again last night on Shatterer event. We seem to experience this bug on the Shatterer event only so far (knock on wood) and our home server is Stormbluff Isle.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Just completed Tequatl on my Necro, no dragon chest, no guarunteed rare chest, received gold for the event. First time done on any character since the daily reset.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

No chest (or reward chest) from Tequatl after getting the medal. Wife got it, I didn’t. Happens all the time on Shatter, but this is the first time on Tequatl (a few minutes ago). FWIW, we’re on the same router.

SBI

Posted by: Tormentor.2508

Tormentor.2508

Count me in as well. Similar situation as the OP, have different characters parked in bosses’ locations, and in some of those (Shadow Behemot and Golem Mark II, in my case) they don’t give the normal and extra chest after defeating them, even tho I hit them since the begging to end, getting Gold Medal, but that’s it, no chest.

Same issue was around weeks ago and for long, hope this time it will get fixed fast(er)