Nvidia crash when on for a few hours

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vicious.8234

Vicious.8234

While in Auric Basin I noticed a lot of people would crash every time the map got full of people and those that did crash would have nvidia cards (I asked when I came back and wasn’t able to complete the meta event). I could reproduce it every meta event today (not just auric basin).

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It’s not just nvidia. I see a reports from people with AMD, i myself have AMD and crash frequently. Especially in populated maps, so it’s virtualy impossible to do maguuma or wvw for me right now.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Usually before crashing, one or two characters among the rest, will have no textures, and it’s as if only the Specular Map is showing on their models. That tends to be a clear sign that the game is about to crash in a relatively short while.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

or the TP UI is going wonky. That is also a sign. when skins on things become “colorful”.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Kal.4987

Kal.4987

Another sign for me is when I check the world map and it’ll appear completely unexplored where I’m standing, even if I’ve cleared it. My client crashes always happen when I’m moving and the camera is shifting with me; maybe the memory leak is in the action camera code?

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

oom errors are kittening my wife off.. hasnt been able to play more than 5-10 mins at a time.

The only reason you arent getting the crashes as often is you prob have more memory than she does and it just takes a bit longer to fill up all the registers.