Obnoxious autoattacking after skill use

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: High Lord Orion.9647

High Lord Orion.9647

Okay, obviously this isn’t a HUGE issue, but I’ve noticed my character tends to autoattack with skill #1 whenever I try to use a swiftness-granting utility skill to run past some enemies, often in close proximity to my character.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? It also rarely happens when I dodge roll. Haven’t clicked on any enemy or hit the attack buttons.

Posted by: cat.8975

cat.8975

Yeah, any time you use an ability the game doesn’t care what type of ability it is, it just tries to autotarget the nearest enemy and start attacking. Solutions are to turn off autotargetting or to turn off your auto attack.

I get this all the time when I’m switching between kits for swiftness on my engineer. It’s really bizarre on the engineer because I’ll be switching from medkit to grenade kit and it will try to sneak in a rifle auto even though I don’t have the rifle out at all.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yeah, any time you use an ability the game doesn’t care what type of ability it is, it just tries to autotarget the nearest enemy and start attacking. Solutions are to turn off autotargetting or to turn off your auto attack.

It’s not always true, with my mesmer I can use the 4th skill from focus (I can’t recall its name, Temporal Curtain if I’m not wrong?) and it doesn’t start auto attack any enemy nearby, and I have autotargetting enabled btw.

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Make sure to also toggle off Stop Autoattacking on Target Change.

Hope that helps.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

You need to disable autotarget to avoid that happening. It can be disabled in the general settings.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You need to disable autotarget to avoid that happening. It can be disabled in the general settings.

Its still a bug and i don’t want to turn of autoattack. That also only happens on guardians with Retreat or Save yourself. It never happens for example when useing Signet of Rage on warriors.

Also it makes no sense on these skills since their name already implement that you would use them more or less to run away and not to attack your next target.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I had to put my pet on constant passive so that it doesn’t attack the nearest neutral creature whenever I use warhorn #5 “Call of the Wild”.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Make sure to also toggle off Stop Autoattacking on Target Change.

That’s how it’s set for me, that as I said above I’m not affected by the OP issue. But if it’s a Utility Skill used to flee from mobs, yes it doesn’t make any sense indeed if it attacks any mob nearby.