October monthly achievement error. [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alexnssilent.3690

Alexnssilent.3690

C’mon guys…read the post before posting…specially the dev ones!

Posted by: Odoakar.4759

Odoakar.4759

After completing the “get 100k exp without dying” achie, it just changed into three question marks where the name should be, and a three question marks where the progress should be. Am I stuck till it resets, because I really want the MCoins.
Thank you.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Posted by: Matirion Maeronta.4260

Matirion Maeronta.4260

C’mon guys…read the post before posting…specially the dev ones!

You know that this topic was merged about 10 hours or so before you posted this, right?
People didn’t read the posts because they weren’t in the same topic back then. : P

Posted by: Credo.5463

Credo.5463

Okay, I get that it’s meant to be a special event, but I think it’s a bit unfair to make a monthly achievement limited to a special few day event. I work retail and will be working nights over halloween so doubt I will be able to log on since antytime I’m up I will be spending with my family. I will want an answer soon to know whether it will be worth the time and resources invested into this achievement if I wont be able to complete it because of the limited scopr/timeframe.

Posted by: Gerik.8096

Gerik.8096

I levelled up TWICE today from 46 —> 48 without dying even ONCE and the fourth objective for the monthly challenge still reads ???

I remember it being experience gained without dying but I also remember that not working properly. Is it some other objective now or is it still the same? Because if it is still the same objective I should have gotten the first tier or so complete already or at least have discovered the conditions for it…considering it takes about 45k exp to level up at my current level.

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

I think many have noticed this bug, but when you open the Achievement tab, under the Monthly Achievement, the Eperience Survivor text, instead of displaying the current status of your experience gained, it just shows ? ? ? ?
I hope Arenanet fixes it before November, because it’s the only part of the monthly achievement I’m missing in order to complete it ^^

Posted by: Efyx.8926

Efyx.8926

it’s not a bug

It’s been covered in other threads, but it’s a to-be-announced achievement related to the special October holiday content.quote

link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/October-monthly-achievement-error-Merged/first

I’m eager to see this content. I had alot of fun in GW1 during Halloween.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

The 4th part of the monthly achievement, the part where you get exp without dying, is just question marks for me and won’t fill.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

they changed it since it was buggy and the 4th part will be tied to the upcoming halloween event

Posted by: Drunkyduck.3275

Drunkyduck.3275

Well I finnish Exp part of monthly before first shedule this month, day after i loged in and u can see from screenshot….

Tried to write few reports ingame but still its buged, also couldnt log in in forums till today (at least somthin get fixed) so plz fix my char ! ty

Attachments:

Drunkyduck.3275

Well I finnish Exp part of monthly before first shedule this month, day after i loged in and u can see from screenshot….

Tried to write few reports ingame but still its buged, also couldnt log in in forums till today (at least somthin get fixed) so plz fix my char ! ty

Attachments:

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

You’re new to the forums, so just in the future, be sure to check the search function at the top to make sure something hasn’t been addressed before next time.

This has been speculated to have to do with the upcoming holiday event. There is a large post on it somewhere around here, I can fish up the link for you if you want.

Posted by: AppEater.4958

AppEater.4958

Arenanet stated on GW2 twitter account that this was not a bug.
My guess (and many others) is that it is Halloween related. Someone working with GW2 stated in a clip I found that Mad King Thorn from GW1 would return. My assumption was pretty quick that it might be related to his return.

Get ready to have some halloween fun soon!

Posted by: Aroha.2875

Aroha.2875

[UV] United Vanguard ~ Tarnished Coast
For the Toast!!!11!!one!!

Aroha.2875

Gerik, if you look on the first page you will see a couple of posts by Anet staff saying that the survivor achievement has been changed for this month. Here’s one of them!

It’s been covered in other threads, but it’s a to-be-announced achievement related to the special October holiday content.

Aroha.2875

I think I gave you this info in the other thread you made, but here it is again! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/October-monthly-achievement-error-Merged/391477

Drunkyduck.3275

Ty all for clering me this out)

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

I see ‘/?’ in the last bar of the monthly achievement.

everything else is full.

and it shows seventy something percent completed.

I didn’t do WvWvW last month, so i don’t know if this bug is consistent.
is it normal?

ty

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

It will be related to the halloween event or something. I forgot what it was said exactly about it. Both the event are achievement coming next week I think.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Aroha.2875

A search for “monthly” in the bugs forum will get you an answer. Otherwise, check here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/October-monthly-achievement-error-Merged/391477

Posted by: lweiler.8635

lweiler.8635

So for those of us that are not going to be able to login the last week of the month are SOL for the monthly achievement? How is this a good idea? The title of the achievement says “MONTHLY”. If one of the requirements is only open for a week, then you’re lying to the players.

Posted by: EBOLA.5423

EBOLA.5423

I experience the same problem and from time to time also my daily achievement stops keeping track on the monster variety killing stuff.
Quick fix would be nice!
thx in advance :-)

greets
EB0L4

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

It was announced that the survivor is replaced by a placeholder (the ???), a new achievement for the monthly will be revealed soon, probably at halloween.

Posted by: EBOLA.5423

EBOLA.5423

Thx for the quick answer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Yeah I have to agree with Iweiler there, this is terrible monthly achievement, i am leaving country in 2 days for 2 weeks and I’m not sure if I’ll have play time

What’s the point of having other parts of monthly achievement done?

I mean what if ANet released annual achievement and last part can only be completed only on christmas or new year? this makes no sense ANet

Posted by: Bartgast.9412

Bartgast.9412

Funny how many negative posts are flying around. Must be people from WoW (you know the drill, they whine and Blizzard change something). It is utterly ridiculous that people post here whining that there should be something else instead of the ???. Do these people know their place in society? This game is made by developers not by community. They decide what it is going to be, not you. You play the game how it is made not playing the game and thinking you can change it. kitten spoiled kids….

Anyway, imo its awesome that there is a ???, gets you excited to be around the october fest. Thumbs up ArenaNet

Posted by: Gravy.3571

Gravy.3571

I’m rather annoyed that the monthly has an element related to the event.

Firstly, at the beginning of this month I completed the survivor requirement the first day, spending quite a lot on crafting materials.

Secondly, and a bit of track, it was replaced with ??? which made most people think it was a bug, and which I still hear people in game asking today when will it be fixed.

Thirdly and most importantly, towards the end of this month I will have to travel to Hong Kong, possibly for about a week, not including travel and will not have access to GW. It is bad enough not being able to attend the event.
However missing the monthly due to the monthly only being able to be completed during a certain period of the month is quite unfair. The monthly should be available for the month.