Old Oola's Lab

Old Oola's Lab

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eona Lilith.2350

Eona Lilith.2350

Having issues with skill challenges of Oola’s Lab. I have the crystal but it wont let me interact with the Matrix imprint lock. It shows up as an intractable item but I cant click on it and I cant “F” key it. I created a bug for it, so hopefully it gets fixed…

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Silent Polaris.9301

Silent Polaris.9301

I’m having the same issue just now, submitted a bug report myself

Silent Polaris – Level 80 Ranger – Henge of Denravi

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I though that maybe I had to wait until Researcher Orl gets to the lock, but he has been standing in front for the first open door next to Oola’s hologram for hours now.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Joker.5016

Joker.5016

Just got the key for it today, went to the Lab all excited… same issue. Can’t interact with the Matrix Lock thingy ><

Lieutenant of Reawakened[RE] ~ Sanctum of Rall

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the reports! We’re aware of this issue and working towards a fix!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’m a little confused here. Wasn’t that supposed to have been changed after BWE 2 to the current setup where the skill challenge at Oola’s Lab in northeast Metrica Province is a quiz? Or are we talking about something different, because I haven’t come across the skill challenge/event you describe?

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I’m a little confused here. Wasn’t that supposed to have been changed after BWE 2 to the current setup where the skill challenge at Oola’s Lab in northeast Metrica Province is a quiz? Or are we talking about something different, because I haven’t come across the skill challenge/event you describe?

The quiz skill point is outside the lab, and should always be available. The outer door, I can’t remember if it’s always open now or if it’s dependant on an event.

There is a rare drop in the Metrica Province map, a crystal that is supposed to open the inner door and lead to a group event. The console where you use that crystal has not functioned since the pre-purchase weekend (when I experienced it and /bug reported it).

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I’ve had mixed results.

Most times, I can’t interact with the lock at all. I’ve spoken to the researcher and mentioned that I had the crystal. He tells me to use it, but… the lock is completely non-interactive.

Once, I walked up just as someone else did. The lock did have a prompt to be used, but the other player used their crystal and we entered the lab. The event failed, however, and I’m not sure why — the researcher was protected at all times.

And one time, all the doors were open, and nothing in the lab was hostile. The researcher and his team were outside, just standing around. I ran all the way to the back and grabbed the chest.

At this point I don’t even know what’s expected behavior for the lab.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

Still bugged. Can’t interact with the lock.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Black.8703

Black.8703

It seems buged. Oola is not present.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Gothywench.7239

Gothywench.7239

Same here; she’s not where she’s supposed to be.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Slystrike.8061

Slystrike.8061

I am having the same problem. I have completed every item in Metrica Province and have visited the lab multiple times from the start to the end of the zone. I am still missing the final skill point which should be gotten from oola, who is nowhere to be found. The door is open and i can walk into the lab and get the point of interest, but i cant get the skill point.

Old Oola's Lab

Slystrike.8061

^^ Server location is Yak’s Bend

Old Oola's Lab

Slystrike.8061

I belive there is supposed to be an NPC named Oola who is involved in a skill point completion in metrica province. For a long time now i am unable to get the final skill point and final item in the Metrica Province completion.

World: Yak’s Bend

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: ChaosLogic.1290

ChaosLogic.1290

I thought the skill point near Oola’s lab is the quiz outside.

The one skill point that I know is broken is the Hylek you have to fight. He’s been broken for about 2 weeks now.

Old Oola's Lab

Slystrike.8061

Right, the door should be closed and he should be there to give the quiz. But the door is open and there are npcs and a robot inside near the point o interest that is there.

Old Oola's Lab

ChaosLogic.1290

The quiz is outside the lab.

There is a console outside the lab that you use to take the quiz, I don’t think you talk to Oola yourself.

I don’t know if the quiz breaks when the door is open though…

Old Oola's Lab

Slystrike.8061

Yeah there is no console or anything to start any sort of event. There is something on the right side of the wall, a diamond with a pinkish purpluish circle in the middle, but it isnt anything of value. im kinda clueless

Old Oola's Lab

ChaosLogic.1290

Yeah there is no console or anything to start any sort of event. There is something on the right side of the wall, a diamond with a pinkish purpluish circle in the middle, but it isnt anything of value. im kinda clueless

Yeah, that’s normally the thing you use to take the quiz. If you can’t interact with it, then I guess it’s broken.

Old Oola's Lab

Slystrike.8061

Reporting in – Oola is now present on world: Yak’s Bend

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

Oola skill point challenge is broken in Anvil Rock (American server). Can the devs please look into this

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

Bugged on Stormbluff Isle.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I’m assuming at least some are due to the “move NPC’s” glitch.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Sinder.9386

Sinder.9386

I have had this bug for a few days now the skill point in metrica province Old Oola’s Lab is not working at all. It will not let me click on it to answer her questions or nothing i need this one for zone completion. Please fix as soon as possible thanks

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: xdarknessx.7908

xdarknessx.7908

Oola is not present in Desolation server too

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Kezra elk Reran.2095

Kezra elk Reran.2095

Oola is not present in the Gunnar’s Hold server (EU) too.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

There is an NPC that appears, but you have to be standing close to the purple glowing console outside the lab. I don’t know if this NPC can be affected by the Line of Warding bug, but it’s possible.

The skill point is working on Tarnished Coast.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Old Oola's Lab

Kezra elk Reran.2095

There is an NPC that appears, but you have to be standing close to the purple glowing console outside the lab. I don’t know if this NPC can be affected by the Line of Warding bug, but it’s possible.

The skill point is working on Tarnished Coast.

I’ve been glued to the console but nothing. I guess I have to wait…

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

As an update, I wanted to assure everyone that we’re still aware of and working on this issue. Thank you for your patience as we iron out this bug!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm not sure if this helps. i got the crystal about 2 weeks ago, and someone in map chat asked if anyone had the crystal to the cave. i was like, oh maybe thi sis it and linked it. 3 of us showed up, but same situation as above. researcher was standing outside cave. you can talk to him and he goes “this is it! put the crystal into the matrix!” we rushed back in, nothing.

though i went back a few days after, left the metrica map, did other stuff, logged out, back on, did some WvW just random stuff and went back to check the cave again and Researcher and his krewe were inside the cave! and there was the “F” to Interact button near the matrix. don’t remember specifcically if this was before or after a patch

i’ll bring the crystal again to see if they are inside the cave or not. as to what triggers them being inside the cave or outside? have no idea.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Old Oola's Lab

Kezra elk Reran.2095

Just reporting to to say the issue is fixed on my server, Gunnar’s Hold (EU). Thanks ANet

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Geo.1603

Geo.1603

Server ‘Sea of Sorrows’ still missing the Skill Point NPC.

/_\

8/8 Professions @ 80

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Whiskey Sam.6903

Whiskey Sam.6903

Oola skill point is bugged on Sanctum of Rall regardless of whether the door is opened or closed.

Have flask; will travel.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Reaper.9201

Reaper.9201

Bug still present. I’m stuck at 98% zone completion. Worked fine on my other character a few weeks back but it appears to be stuck now. Please help

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Stamen.9240

Stamen.9240

Seems like every time I waste a few silver to check on it, the thing is hung up yet again. You can’t click on the outer panel. It’s not even an option.

Am I just missing something or does it manage to hang up almost immediately after each reboot?

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: zum.1548

zum.1548

This should be a simple skill challenge, but the main npc is not there. Just, not there. So there’s no way to talk with him.

Crystal Desert sv.

Link to the quest

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: GiGGeR.1520

GiGGeR.1520

xperienced that too but i just log out and restart the game, the hologram npc appeared… my problem is how to open the oola lab cant find the cyrstal.

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I’m starting to get more than a little irked with the bugs in this game. Oola’s lab used to work just fine… now I can’t complete the map because she simply isn’t there.

Old Oola's Lab

zum.1548

Yeah bluewanders, that’s stucking me on the game

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I never talked to an NPC for this one, I always used the panel at the entry way … the entry way that takes you into the “cave/room” where you insert the crystal to get into the lab. Its a curcular control panel on the right of the entryway if i remember rightly.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Old Oola's Lab

zum.1548

You don’t need to get into the lab to do this skill challenge, it’s just a “npc talk” quest.

Old Oola's Lab

zum.1548

Will we have some support here?

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: KuiShanya.2645

KuiShanya.2645

Same Here, I’m really pissed because this is the last thing i need for map completion

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Guys, you are not listening. It is not an NPC that you are looking for despite wiki saying it is. If you are at the (closed) door to Oolas lab then turn around, go back out side and turn to face the entry way. On the right is a circular panel. You use this to complete the skill quest.

Old Oola's Lab

KuiShanya.2645

Guys, you are not listening. It is not an NPC that you are looking for despite wiki saying it is. If you are at the (closed) door to Oolas lab then turn around, go back out side and turn to face the entry way. On the right is a circular panel. You use this to complete the skill quest.

it can’t be activated

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Tugboat Is Rumor.3278

Tugboat Is Rumor.3278

NOOOOOOOOOOOO…Tasks 301/301…Waypoints 507/507…POIs 717/717…Vistas 266/266…this cannot be happening !!!! and I thought all skill point bugs are fixed…been standing there for nearly the whole night and apparently no one could activate it…I hope Anet are aware of this problem and get it fix ASAP…now back to “Zombieland” for the time being sobbbbb

Baby Kranze
80 Mesmer
They Are Coming [THEY] – Jade Quarry

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Xinx.2971

Xinx.2971

in Metrica Province the Oolas skill challenge no longer gives you the ability to interact with it or even see it.

Old Oola's Lab

zum.1548

Yes this is happening and no support is here to activate this NPC. Must be so simple.
Gosh.

Old Oola's Lab

KuiShanya.2645

Come on Anet, i really need this fixed

Old Oola's Lab

Posted by: Actarius.1059

Actarius.1059

Hello, i’m trying to complete metrica province and i’m stuck on the last skill point near akk wilds.

Apparently you’re supposed to speak to Old Oola for a little trivia but she’s not there at all. I don’t even see her.

I’m on Borlis pass U.S.

Attachments: