Only 1 hit per node in Siren's Landing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

I’m only getting one hit per node (from any type) in Siren’s Landing. I’m using the infinite use unbound gathering tools. Wood and Ore nodes should give 3 hits, yes? Or is this zone going to be different from the others?

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

It seems to be just orichalcum ore and ancient wood.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Reminds me of those Rich Mithril Nodes in SW, where you still can only mine one of them completely. As soon as you’ve mined the first one, the other only allows one gathering hit.

Maybe this is related?

At least in my case I’m quite sure I’ve mined an Ancient Sapling on the new map before I only could swing once at the other nodes… I will check again once I’m home from work though.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Reminds me of those Rich Mithril Nodes in SW, where you still can only mine one of them completely. As soon as you’ve mined the first one, the other only allows one gathering hit.

Maybe this is related?

That’s a map-wide limit that was probably intended. This one seems accidental & I’ve tested that it can happen on the first node by first toon in a 24 period, i.e. it’s a per node limit that doesn’t exist in any other map.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: lucius.7804

lucius.7804

Maybe this is related?

That’s a map-wide limit that was probably intended. This one seems accidental & I’ve tested that it can happen on the first node by first toon in a 24 period, i.e. it’s a per node limit that doesn’t exist in any other map.

from what ive seen, if multiple players (say 20+) hit the same node, it “depletes” it and you only get 1 swing, happens on busy maps and since everyone seems to be in siren’s landing, its most noticeable. I believe its to stop the TP getting flooded by an entire server hitting every node in the map on a “farming run”

Vabbi – ele – [UKUS] – Rowyna Flame

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If intended, that contradicts one of the (implied) fundamental tenets of GW2’s philosophies: it would put players in direct competition with each other for resource nodes, since first come would be first served.

I hope it’s a bug and not what you suspect; that feature is one of my favorite aspects of the game, especially since other games can’t seem to manage it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Unreleased Fury.1849

Unreleased Fury.1849

it is definetly not intended, the rich mithril ore node also only gave me 3 mithril ores

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

There was an Bug in eb, that a node, with the same place (always around SM green side) mithril, only gave 1 ore. It was never fixed, but clearly a bug. Now the nodes got removed, then added to towers/capture points.

It’s definitely not a map wide limit bug, but a node specific bug. And it seems to happy only with ancient node/orichalcum and rich mithril.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.