Opening TP crashes game

Opening TP crashes game

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Hello everyone,

I have a rather peculiar bug since last weeks patch. Whenever I try to open the trading post after multiple map changes my game crashes. Sadly enough, I don’t get an error message I could relate.
I just happen to find myself on my desktop with the small window that allows me to notify the support team with a bug report.

I can open the TP just fine after logging back into the game. And sadly I have yet to determine the exact number of map changes I have to do in order to reach the critical mass so that the game will crash. That is, if there is an exact threshold at all.
And I can’t tie it down to a certain map either since it happend in a lot of different maps including instanced maps and overflow shards.
The only common denominator is that it occurs after some map changes on the same character. It doesn’t seem to trigger if I switch characters multiple times.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: aph.4693

aph.4693

happens to me too – sometimes in that critical mass style, as you explain, but almost every time when i try to open TP in a crowded area. marionette successful ending, when everyone is stacked around the chest is a good example – 4 of 4 tries, always crashed. (the TP window itself opens normally, then it starts loading contents and in the exact moment, when it should be loaded – crash to desktop)

Opening TP crashes game

Silberfisch.3046

Thanks for adding a description of how the error presents itself. Forgot to mention that. It’s the same as yours. Opening the window works just fine but as soon as the game tries to load the content of the page the crash occurs.

Crowded areas per se don’t usually trigger any crash or at least I haven’t noticed that yet because I usually only end up in them after a couple of travel jump. And after a fresh login, even in a crowded area, LA for example, I have no problems at all.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

Try to delete your cache and local settings (this will also delete your stored email/password and graphic settings!), folder names are for Windows 7 default installation, I do not know how they are on other platforms.

The mentioned folders are usually hidden, try entering them directly with your username in the windows explorer if you do not see them (or at least a parent folder for the temp directory)

1. Close your game

2. Delete everything in the folder:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\

3. Delete everything in the folder:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\gw2cache-{<some-long-text/number>}\

4. Restart your game and try again.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I thought I was the only one having this issue. I will try what poebel suggested, but (like that T-unit with the heavy accent said) I will be back…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: phantom.8426

phantom.8426

Exact same problem, when I figured it was something about the TP that made my game crash I stopped opening it all day. Lasted for about 12 hours online no crashes.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: Sime.3681

Sime.3681

Same problem. Repairing or poebel´s tip didn´t work. It´s really annoying, the things are gathering in my inventory and I can´t sell them or buy something new

Hope it will be soon fixed.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

My husband is having the same problem too

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I have the exact same problem and another girl in my guild has it too.

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Crashes for me, as well, frequently. Most notably when I right click an item and choose to sell it, or right click a recipe item or collectible slot and choose to buy more.

Opening TP crashes game

KyreneZA.8617

Well poebel's tip seems to have worked for me, but then I’m still on an XP box. We’ll see for how long though, as the game still crashed with the same “send error report” screen after I cleared the cache files. Wasn’t while entering the TP this time though.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

Opening TP crashes game

Silberfisch.3046

For some obscure reason, the problem didn’t appear last night at all. Did my usual quick zoning and opening the TP all of a sudden worked just fine.
Before, the problem was more or less reproduceable although the exact number of zone transitions until it happened varied.

Opening TP crashes game

KyreneZA.8617

Update to above, I had a TP crash again this morning. No zone transitions, apart from taking the WP from the crafting stations to the bank/TP in DR. Opened the TP, went to collections tab and got my stuff fine, then tried to open history tab and…

It did not crash again after that, even though I did a lot of TP transactions throughout the morning. I have sent the error log to ANet each time, so let’s hope it helped.

Recently returned to…

Opening TP crashes game

Posted by: Serezenith.3501

Serezenith.3501

Still experiencing this bug, even after attempting poebel’s fix on Windows XP.