Orichalcum tools returning 'ruined ore/logs'

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

I’m not quite sure what to think here. It has happened a few times now where I’m getting ruined materials while gathering with Orichalcum gathering equips. First happened a while ago, I gathered 3 ruined ore from a mithril node using an Orichalcum Mining Pick. Then today I gathered on an Orichalcum node with an Orichalcum Mining Pick and got 1 orichalcum ore followed by 2 ruined ore. About a minute later I gather from a an Orrian Sapling and get 1 ancient wood log followed by 2 ruined logs.

My only theory is that I think in all cases I had been on the same map for a while and was starting to get bad drops from mobs. I don’t really have enough data on this bug to build much more of a theory than that.

Has anyone else had this problem of getting ruined materials using orichalcum equipment.

Solesaver.8764

Just wanted to update that this happened to me again, with a Cypress tree. 1st hit Elder Wood Log, next 2 hits, ruined logs. Still using Orichalcum tools. Though it happened before DR this time, so that theory is mostly shot.

Posted by: Fergles.4812

Fergles.4812

I’ve had this happen to me before as well. The last time it happened I was getting attacked by something, which can also factor into it, I think. I did have a time when I was using an ori pick and I got ruined things and it completely messed up my node as well, but that was a while ago.

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

I don’t know if DR has any affect on gathering materials but they did confirm that being in combat mode gives you a chance to get ruined ore/log. However, I have never seen or heard anyone with such high % of ruined logs/ore.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

Solesaver.8764

I don’t know if DR has any affect on gathering materials but they did confirm that being in combat mode gives you a chance to get ruined ore/log. However, I have never seen or heard anyone with such high % of ruined logs/ore.

It must be the combat mode thing. I’ll often ignore the enemies attacking me because I can take a few hits as well as the fact that I’ll often have my minions distract the enemy while I gather. That’s pretty dumb IMO, but I guess I’ll just have to clear the area before I start gathering in the future.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Being in combat can and will return ruined ore, especially ori and ancient logs. Get out of combat before trying to mine these materials.

Posted by: Hyriana.3178

Hyriana.3178

At least in my experience just ‘being in combat’ doesn’t seem to cause the ruined ore. Generally, zipping around Orr with mobs beating on me as I harvest, the only time I get greys is if: the mob uses some type of CC on me /and/ I also have an effect on that causes the CC to be instantly negated (aka auto-stability or auto-shake it off from warrior traits). When that happens, my harvesting tool is replaced by my weapon, but still doing the harvesting animations. I guess greatswords make lousy picks/axes?