Ossuary of Unquiet Dead bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Brisyaa.6259

Brisyaa.6259

The same for me. Tried it several times without success until I searched in this forum.
ArenaNet, please fix it! It destroys the game…

Posted by: LazySummers.2495

LazySummers.2495

And what none of can see is, no company has infinite coding resources. Fixing this means taking resources away from developing new content or addressing other bugs.

Maybe they should ensure their current content is working properly before developing new content.

Posted by: magus.3072

magus.3072

Still Brock and it is getting realy anoying

Posted by: Ristin.4256

Ristin.4256

Same here, I tried it three times.

Posted by: Lord WestJ.2935

Lord WestJ.2935

I have the same problem, was trying to finish my story until i got to that part.
Please patch this up as soon as you can

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

Add another incompleteable…
char vigil dragonbrand…

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

My husband is having the exact same problem.

Posted by: dcho.8204

dcho.8204

Throughout this whole time, I’ve been doing everything from WvW to doing events all day. Then on the 21st, I felt like everything was getting a bit tedious so I wanted to go back to story mode.

I wanted to take out the source because that would seem more logical than taking out the ark. I knew I should have just done the other quest. Tried it 3 times, coincidently like the others, and all 3 times was different, yet couldn’t finish.

I’m sure Anet is doing what they can for us all. Can’t really complain because we’re not paying a fee every month, plus they’re still keeping us updated on new content which we should appreciate.

I do hope they fix this quest soon though.

Posted by: Fallout.5937

Fallout.5937

Once again, new build, but no fix for this yet included, lets go one more week of doing other crap to entertain in the meantime…

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hi all–I’m sorry you haven’t gotten an update on this yet. I wanted to drop a quick post and let you know that I checked in on it and will let you know as soon as I have some news to share.

Posted by: Take.1970

Take.1970

Wow so there is still no fix for it in the new build from tonight ? :/

Posted by: loctar.6701

loctar.6701

A functional main story this long after release should be a priority imho.

Posted by: blppt.6042

blppt.6042

“Wow so there is still no fix for it in the new build from tonight ? :/”

I can confirm no fix. Unbelievable. 5 days now, and on the fifth day we finally get an acknowledgement that somebody investigated the issue.

Maybe the DDOS attacks wreaked more havoc than we thought, because this is getting ridiculous now.

Posted by: geekbear.1063

geekbear.1063

Check page 1. Content Designer acknowledged

Posted by: FireDron.4627

FireDron.4627

Same problem. Still no fixed!

Posted by: blppt.6042

blppt.6042

Check page 1. Content Designer acknowledged

And apparently nothing was done at all, because today we got the same “checked into it” statement today. And a new build with no fix. Just saying…

Posted by: Nameless.3258

Nameless.3258

Another update and the quest is still screwed =/

Posted by: Crixler.2857

Crixler.2857

Well, it used to work, it only became bugged very recently.
I’ve done it before on another character.

Posted by: jazdarc.1367

jazdarc.1367

I’m experiencing the same issue, just thought I would post so I will hear when this has been fixed.
I have reported it as a bug in game, twice.

Posted by: Junnitia.7395

Junnitia.7395

I know that it’s frustrating when your progress in a game is halted by a glitch, but I think we could all maybe be a bit more positive? It’s a large game, it’s bound to have a few glitches. And they have responded to tell us they will look into it. I don’t think they deserve all the criticism after only a week…

Also, is it unusual for there to not be a “leave instance” button during the personal story mode? Just wondering if that was part of the glitch, or not?

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I finally had the gumption to finish the Trahearne Story since I started it during Pre-Release… the GW2 gods do not want me to finish this boring kitten story line I guess.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Kika.6729

Kika.6729

Same issue yesterday. Major glitch if ppl cant finish the main storyline of the game.

LazySummers.2495

Hi all–I’m sorry you haven’t gotten an update on this yet. I wanted to drop a quick post and let you know that I checked in on it and will let you know as soon as I have some news to share.

Yeah, sure, 8 days later and their just now looking in to it? This is appalling.

geekbear.1063

Yeah, sure, 8 days later and their just now looking in to it? This is appalling.

Well, you can always play a different game is this is such a major disappointment.

Posted by: Kaliman.7426

Kaliman.7426

08/26/14 Just got to that particular quest and it is still broken. Same issue everyone is having Trahearne gets stuck after you kill 1st priestess, quest does not progress.

Posted by: Lucky.6529

Lucky.6529

I know that it’s frustrating when your progress in a game is halted by a glitch, but I think we could all maybe be a bit more positive? It’s a large game, it’s bound to have a few glitches. And they have responded to tell us they will look into it. I don’t think they deserve all the criticism after only a week…

They responded twice already with no results, it’s just a move to appease people and it pises (misspell is deliberate) off people like me. Also a week of not being able to “finish” the game? We used to burn companies at the stake for this kinda thing, now the masses are docile… awesome.

Lucky.6529

Well, you can always play a different game is this is such a major disappointment.

We don’t want a different game you random forum troll, we want this game, that’s why we bought it! That’s why we are pised (misspell deliberate) because we can’t play it the way we want to.

Posted by: Kiki.1875

Kiki.1875

I really hope that they are going to fix that soon, i am a little bit annoyed about that story quest, ‘couse it happens to some of my chars that one step was bugged, and i had everytime to wait a long time untill they fixed that.
This time I was near on enraging ’cause i know how long some story fix could take.
I play gw2 since release i really I’ve thought that such problems will not happend again.

Posted by: Kris P Baykon.8496

Kris P Baykon.8496

I don’t want to start a flame war

Little dangerous to talk about a flame war in a mob that has already gotten out the torches and pitchforks. XD

Posted by: HandsomeJohn.2960

HandsomeJohn.2960

I’m having the same problem; very frustrating.

Posted by: Fearless Pigeon.2501

Fearless Pigeon.2501

I am so glad i am not the only one!
i talk to Thearene and get the end speech after the first preistess and can force the other mobs to turn up but no advancement! i had the whole morning of nothing to do at work and intended to blaze through and get to Zhaitan!! Can anyone at least tell us when we will get a fix for this roughly??

geekbear.1063

We don’t want a different game you random forum troll, we want this game, that’s why we bought it! That’s why we are pised (misspell deliberate) because we can’t play it the way we want to.

“random forum troll”.

Nice.

While I admit that in my personal life, I say things to get a reaction out of my friends, in this case I am very much serious. If you are so very bothered by something so insignificant as a minor break in a game that you need to publicly demean the people who are trying to create (a story, an experience, a business), because they aren’t responding at the speed of your desire to consume it, then go someplace else.

Or if you are so certain of how things ought to operate, make your own game company and see just how easy it is to make sure things operate flawlessly.

Though I’m quite sure you’ll have something else inflammatory to respond with using deliberate misspelling. And by all means, please feel free to call me any name you like

Posted by: meier.7548

meier.7548

geekbear stop your pathetic white knighting. Please :-)

It’s been over 6 days and nothing has happened yet they pushed 2 patchupdates. It’s not alright. Having such issue in their game and not doing anything about it is not alright

Posted by: Fallout.5937

Fallout.5937

geekbear, talking politely and correctly doesn’t give you any extra credibility or make you look any more smart. Please quit the keyboard knight attitude.

On another point, I understand that the very first build that came after this bug appeard, was probably way too soon, I believe it was introduced around 2 or 3 days after this thread started, so we couldn’t in all honesty believe that the fix would be THAT fast. On the other hand, this last build, yesterday was it? This more recent I really expected to be the fix, but nope…

Posted by: lorefeft.7469

lorefeft.7469

…it’s odd that this isn’t fixed yet, too much days and too little feedback…

Posted by: Bulauk.7238

Bulauk.7238

Saw the patcher download yesterday but the bug is still there. Quest tracker/marker disappears after the center platform is cleared. No way to proceed or exit.

Lucky.6529

Saw the patcher download yesterday but the bug is still there. Quest tracker/marker disappears after the center platform is cleared. No way to proceed or exit.

I actually found a fun way to exit the whole thing: jumping off a platform into the water bellow, a fitting end for a 3rd try of 10 minute period broken story quest with Trahearne of all people.

As for geekbear.1063, don’t become part of the problem. This is not some small indy company you are defending. Also by your logic if I am not happy with my morning serial I should just grow my own wheat! And make my own serial! What a great world it would be if I could be so self sufficient in every aspect of everything. Also kitty(wrong usage deliberate) your toll baiting.

Posted by: Tricjake.6104

Tricjake.6104

Any update on this? I just want to finish my personal story! Tried again yesterday and no luck.

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

All right, there’s no need to attack one another, you’re in the thread because you want the same thing (and hey–you’re in the forum in the first place because you like the same game!), which is to get this bug squished.

That’s the same thing that we want, so it was one of the first things I checked in on when I arrived to work this morning. They’re in the middle of digging in to it and are going to let me know as soon as they have an update.

Posted by: zeroniss.3871

zeroniss.3871

Thanks for the update. We await with bated breath :p

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I’m sorry people can’t complete this, but I’m curious as to the why.

I don’t know if I missed something, but there is no obvious alteration to this quest; so I’m curious as to why it suddenly stopped working. Was there an un-noted alteration to the quest? Did the latest update somehow affect this quest somehow? Or did someone make a simple mistake on their end?

Curious. After all, better to find the reason and prevent future personal story problems than to just slap a band-aid on it.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Vethaera.6319

Vethaera.6319

Well, it used to work, it only became bugged very recently.
I’ve done it before on another character.

I agree. The main personal story is important. It should be a priority.

And I too have successfully completed Ossuary of the Unquiet Dead on another character, earlier this summer. This is a recent bug.

Posted by: amonteiro.3621

amonteiro.3621

I Stumbled at this bug yesterday and besides the fact the green waypoints do not appear, maybe there’s a way to bypass the bug? Today I tryed again, after defeating the first priestess Treehearne gets stuck there but I’ve managed to proceed to the other two altars around the area, treehearne then followed me after I dispatched the other prietesses and continued the ritual. Now I was supposed to go back to the central altar but this time he didn’t follow me, according to a FAQ I need to get to the lower areas afterward, I’ll return to say if this worked or not, perhaps more people should try this as well.

edit: no luck

(edited by amonteiro.3621)

LazySummers.2495

After 9 days of this not working I’ve decided to try and be more positive. So, at least we all have time to work on crafting and getting cool armor and stuff before finishing the personal story? Idk what other bright side there could be here.

Posted by: Phobia.9651

Phobia.9651

After 9 days of this not working I’ve decided to try and be more positive. So, at least we all have time to work on crafting and getting cool armor and stuff before finishing the personal story? Idk what other bright side there could be here.

Cough, it’s been 6 days not 9. But anyways as the white knight stated, there are other things to venture into, it is not like personal story is the only way to spend your time in the game. Try some PvP, WvW, dungeons, fractals, living story, world completion, world bosses, guild missions, etc. in the meantime.

Though I am baffled how this bug suddenly occurred, it is the 6th time I am doing the Ossuary (A Grisly Shipment is pretty boring in comparison so I did it only once) and it never happened before. Minus getting owned by the Champ Abomination before he got nerfed. Is there a link between this and the recent DDoS attacks?

Posted by: Lord Charidarn.8102

Lord Charidarn.8102

Idk what other bright side there could be here.

Grab four friends and grind for the Gilded Coffer drops. 15-20 coffers for five minutes of time isn’t too terrible.

LazySummers.2495

Cough, it’s been 6 days not 9. But anyways as the white knight stated, there are other things to venture into, it is not like personal story is the only way to spend your time in the game. Try some PvP, WvW, dungeons, fractals, living story, world completion, world bosses, guild missions, etc. in the meantime.

Though I am baffled how this bug suddenly occurred, it is the 6th time I am doing the Ossuary (A Grisly Shipment is pretty boring in comparison so I did it only once) and it never happened before. Minus getting owned by the Champ Abomination before he got nerfed. Is there a link between this and the recent DDoS attacks?

I first noticed the problem 9 days ago, just because you didn’t notice it for another 3 doesn’t mean that’s when it started. Also, the personal story is the whole reason I bought the game.

Posted by: TweaktheReaper.4571

TweaktheReaper.4571

I too have had this problem. My hope was that today’s update would fix it but alas, the problem persists. Still, I’m glad staff is on it and I’m posting here largely so I will know when the problem is fixed.

Thank you GW2 Team for being on this and I’m anxious to complete this quest so I can beat the game for the first time! =)

Posted by: Phobia.9651

Phobia.9651

I first noticed the problem 9 days ago, just because you didn’t notice it for another 3 doesn’t mean that’s when it started. Also, the personal story is the whole reason I bought the game.

Nothing personal but:
1) A friend completed it less than 9 days ago.
2) You bought a MMO just for a mediocre personal story?

LazySummers.2495

Nothing personal but:
1) A friend completed it less than 9 days ago.
2) You bought a MMO just for a mediocre personal story?

1) it’s possible people started experiencing this problem at different times as I have the date this problem first occurred written down (as well as the time and some other details that could have been important, basically I just copied and pasted my first in-game bug report and put a timestamp on it), today is the 10th consecutive day I’ve been unable to complete the mission.
2) Games are interactive stories, if not for the story what other reason is there to play a game?

(edited by LazySummers.2495)