Ossuary of Unquiet Dead bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fallout.5937

Fallout.5937

I first noticed the problem 9 days ago, just because you didn’t notice it for another 3 doesn’t mean that’s when it started. Also, the personal story is the whole reason I bought the game.

Nothing personal but:
1) A friend completed it less than 9 days ago.
2) You bought a MMO just for a mediocre personal story?

You know I see these people like this guy phobia who are amazed that a game could be bought for the sake of the story. Really bothers me, because throught my life I picked games that A: My friends would sort of pressure me to buy to play together for the sake of socializing / B: Games that made me really love the story, the lore, the plot, not everything has to be brought down to basics of the mechanics of the game etc… I believe games are a part of a fantasy, in this specific case I really love the gw2 story, reminds me so much of skyrim which I freaking love so much. And I do intended to continue long after the story has nothing else to explore, to put it simple: I like my games, as I like my books (enjoy the plot more, care less about the writers writing style)

Posted by: Morpheoz.9452

Morpheoz.9452

Tick tock

tick tock

Human Thief / Morpheoz
Charr Warrior / Morphoux
– Far Shiver Peaks –

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

All right everyone, to the Ossuary with you!

It looks like we’ve got it fixed, so let us know if you encounter any further issues!

Posted by: blppt.6042

blppt.6042

I think I speak for all of us when I say THANK YOU.

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

Just because it’s not fixed yet and ANet reps are posting here doesn’t mean “nothing was done” until now, as many are claiming. I know people bought the game for X, they want to do Y etc., but seriously, there are lots of things to do in the game, especially since you should be at or close to 80. I’m not saying it shouldn’t be fixed, or you shouldn’t post here to make it known there’s an issue, or that it shouldn’t be a priority. However, the tone of sheer outrage at the audacity of ANet to not have it fixed by now (with these people having absolutely no idea what it takes to troubleshoot/fix the issueor what HAS been done so far) is just… so immature. Let’s all just take it down a couple notches and go do something else for a bit (and yes I realize what #1 is, so skip that for now ).

EDIT: and of course, they fix it right before I post. But still, my point still stands. I hope you all will join me in saying “THANK YOU!”.

Posted by: Take.1970

Take.1970

Yuhu thank you

Posted by: eyballkid.2513

eyballkid.2513

Thanks so much! I am seriously enjoying GW2 right now and its good to see bugs getting fixed and feedback/heads up from the developers. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Mongocain.6439

Mongocain.6439

Works for me. Thanks!

Posted by: silentbob.3674

silentbob.3674

Yep it’s fixed. Although I still noticed that the damage with my longbow was still dramatically reduced. But it really doesn’t matter since I can continue on with the story.

Posted by: Fallout.5937

Fallout.5937

All right everyone, to the Ossuary with you!

It looks like we’ve got it fixed, so let us know if you encounter any further issues!

Alright, thank you rubi and all the ppl who fixed it

Posted by: dcho.8204

dcho.8204

Phew. Seeing some people on here, it was clear they were angry. They were berating others, questioning Anet’s authority and commitment. It was getting ugly.

Thanks Rubi. At least some of us are truly thankful for your help.

Posted by: Koduth.8537

Koduth.8537

As the others said, thank you for fixing this, it is greatly appreciated

Posted by: shawnps.5061

shawnps.5061

Having been blocked by this bug on several attempts, I can now confirm it’s working for me – thanks. I will say however that a lot of veteran risen knights paid the price for my my frustration – sorry.

Posted by: LazySummers.2495

LazySummers.2495

Yay! I can play again, thank you!

Posted by: Proof.1835

Proof.1835

Aye , bug fixed. Working well. Thanks!

Posted by: Phobia.9651

Phobia.9651

You know I see these people like this guy phobia who are amazed that a game could be bought for the sake of the story. Really bothers me, because throught my life I picked games that A: My friends would sort of pressure me to buy to play together for the sake of socializing / B: Games that made me really love the story, the lore, the plot, not everything has to be brought down to basics of the mechanics of the game etc… I believe games are a part of a fantasy, in this specific case I really love the gw2 story, reminds me so much of skyrim which I freaking love so much. And I do intended to continue long after the story has nothing else to explore, to put it simple: I like my games, as I like my books (enjoy the plot more, care less about the writers writing style)

You clearly misunderstood me, I simply meant that the personal story is not the best part of the game.
So yes I do LOVE stories and I’ve played plenty of singleplayer games for just that, Warcraft, Starcraft, Max Payne, Deus Ex, The Witcher, the Arkham series and the list goes on.

Posted by: Lucky.6529

Lucky.6529

I’m appeased now, my mind is more focused on story completion, and yay finally gonna get me some of that elder dragon action everyone in the whole game told me about. Had to avoid gw2 wiki for a month not to spoil zhaitans appearance for myself. Anyway good job developers, who will probably not read this, you are the only part of staff I appreciate.

Posted by: Erzsebet Lunah.7913

Erzsebet Lunah.7913

I don’t want to start a flame war, but seriously, this is one instance in the game that has gone wrong. There are dozens of other avenues to pursue either in different character combinations or the new world content.

And what none of can see is, no company has infinite coding resources. Fixing this means taking resources away from developing new content or addressing other bugs.

Relax. Try a different character. Explore the world a bit. Go read a book.

EDIT: nvm, browser cache must be playing games with me…

Thank you Anet for fixing this

(edited by Erzsebet Lunah.7913)

Posted by: NullPointer.6075

NullPointer.6075

Thanks for fixing this, Now i can complete my Personal Story :-D

Posted by: humfrid.2615

humfrid.2615

Progress hindering bugs are always annyoing, but knowing that they are being investigated and getting updates on the progession of things makes the waiting much easier. So thank you Rubi for posting the updates, these things are highly appreciated!

Oh, and I could complete the instance yesterday without any issues, yay! \o/

Posted by: Kaeleen.9630

Kaeleen.9630

Yaay! thank you Anets ^^ I’m happy I can finish my personal story, have been looking forward to it!

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Anyway good job developers, who will probably not read this, you are the only part of staff I appreciate.

Awwww. I’m sad! (I will make sure that they read it.)

A quick thanks to all of you who took a moment to let us know that things were working smoothly!

Posted by: Lord Charidarn.8102

Lord Charidarn.8102

Just completed this quest. Appreciate the fix.

Posted by: Morpheoz.9452

Morpheoz.9452

Ty for the fix.

Human Thief / Morpheoz
Charr Warrior / Morphoux
– Far Shiver Peaks –

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

/bow haven’t tried it yet, but I’m just about too, so in loo of my getting completely distracted by the game for the rest of the day, and not being able to come back and say “Thank You” I shall do so now.

Might I request that these fixes are in future attached to the game update notes, as I didn’t see anything on mine, as the last patch was on the 25th as stated by http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates

Thanks

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Kukaku.1064

Kukaku.1064

awww yis thank you!!