Outnumbered buff does not lift

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I can play in a borderland with T6 participation and most everyone has outnumbered except for me. Tonight I was in JQBL for ~8 ticks (40 mins), and I could not receive the buff (not on skillbar) while everyone else reaped the rewards. I came in after they already had it.

So it’s either not always applying to players when it should, or it’s not lifting from players who have it when it should depending on enemy population.

For what it’s worth, I believe it to be the latter. I have friends in my guild who were on YBBL this week -with the buff and a queue at the same time-. How can that be possible?

I went pipless for a while so I don’t know how long this has been active, but I assume it was since the last patch to how outnumbered works.

Attached picture for proof:
-1st part is a person who had the buff
-2nd part is my buff bar
-3rd part is to show I was there long enough that it should have applied (I was not trying to do afk pipping)

Attachments:

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

I found out what is wrong with the new outmanned buff. It only applies to new people on the map after it disappeared for at least one tick from everyone first. So if the map is permanently outmanned it can take a very long time for new people to get the outmanned buff.

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

I’ve reached the same conclusion as Mel. The Outnumbered buff is applied exactly once, to everyone on a map at the tick when it changed from not Outnumbered to being Outnumbered. Any player who enters the map afterward does not get Outnumbered applied to them on any subsequent ticks.

Posted by: Kitavia.5276

Kitavia.5276

Well that explains why i haven’t been able to get it either. This seems quite ridiculous. I’m playing on an outnumbered map for over an hour and do not receive any benefit from it. I hope this is just another bug. And I hope the bug isn’t ignored for long if it is :/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”