Outrageous

Outrageous

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

when are you going to fix the events of “bauxite alchemicals” that block the collection of “spark”?

I think a lack of respect that eventually this is reported by the community you do not fix the case of a collection of a legendary weapon.

Outrageous

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

The best part is there are so many threads on this and they don’t even respond to one as far as I can tell.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Outrageous

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The best part is there are so many threads on this and they don’t even respond to one as far as I can tell.

Actually, they’ve said they are looking at all events upon which legendary collections depend. They say it helps if you use the in-game /bug reporting tool when you are at a bugged event, so that they can collect additional data helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Stuff like this usually isn’t trivial to resolve. I expect a lot of them to be resolved with this months patch, many to be still in limbo, and a few to remain bug (despite being “fixed”, since there might be other bugs they didn’t catch in the same event).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Outrageous

Posted by: DynastyShadow.1236

DynastyShadow.1236

The event Bauxite Alchemist has been bug since over 2 years. They fixed one of it but there are still many bug in the current event. I understand that it takes time but what I dont understand is why if the event cant really be “resolved” why has it been put in the legendary collection. As I can see only the map with the ip ending by 228 is bugged. only a simple reset would make the job to get the even unbugged.

Outrageous

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The event Bauxite Alchemist has been bug since over 2 years. They fixed one of it but there are still many bug in the current event. I understand that it takes time but what I dont understand is why if the event cant really be “resolved” why has it been put in the legendary collection. As I can see only the map with the ip ending by 228 is bugged. only a simple reset would make the job to get the even unbugged.

I agree with you that they should have done a much better job of reviewing the events that are included as part of the legendary collections (e.g. “hey, Jimbo, we want to include Bauxite chain — could you check if there’s any bugs related to it? Oh? There are? Can we fix those before HoT ships? No? Oh, ok, we’ll use a different event, Rats.”)

However, for whatever reason, they didn’t and we’re in the current situation, with poor and worse options:

• Wait for ANet to re-review the events and fix stuff as quickly as feasible (they seem to have prioritized this).
  • Wait for a game update and try then (most events don’t bug out the first time out; something decays over time to cause the issue).
  • Guest to another server — this can get you to a different map, although no guarantees that you do (and if you get there, no guarantees that the event isn’t also bugged there).
  • Pester ANet to reset the one server (that has implications for other maps and doesn’t solve the issue for any of the other people who come after, so it’s apparently only used as a last resort).

tl;dr ANet missed the opportunity to avoid the issues with events tied to collections. Given that, all we can do is wait it out (or try/retry inconvenient workarounds).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”