!PSA! TP/Character Creation Issues. Resolved!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Resolved – Trading Post Buy/Cancel Issues
This situation has come about before, do not be alarmed. However, there are some things you must be made aware of:

• Clicking the ‘Buy’ button gives a message that it could not purchase desired goods or that your request did not match any current listings
  • Canceling a Buy Order does not place the allotted coin into the Pick Up tab
  • Canceling a Sell Listing for an item does not return the item to the Pick Up tab

When the situation is resolved your Pick Up tab will update to include:

• Each item you attempted to purchase. Yes, every single ‘’Buy’ click you made actually did purchase the item. If you clicked a lot, then expect a lot of undesired goods in your Pick Up tab. You can then look to re-list them to recoup some of the coin spent erroneously on them.
  • The coin from all canceled buy orders will be added into your Pick Up tab. You did not lose any of this coin.
  • All items you had listed for sale that you then canceled will be appropriately delivered to your Pick Up tab.

I highly recommend ceasing any interaction with the Trading Post until this is sorted out by ArenaNet.

Resolved – Temporary Account Upgrade Message

Resolved – New Character Creation Error Message
Attempting to finalize the creation of a new character results in an error message.
(“42:0:0:0:101” is the most common one given)

“We are aware that many of our players are getting connection errors and error 42 in particular. This is due to the high traffic on our servers at the moment.

The same issue is causing some players to be unable to create a new characters. We are working on this issue and hope to have resolved this soon.”

I will update with responses to any other concerns regarding the current issues with the Trading Post or the character creation issue.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: valkilmer.3845

valkilmer.3845

Trading post issues related to logging into the game with new characters? Something needs to be restarted. Any info on where all these issues are coming from?

StinVec.3621

Trading post issues related to logging into the game with new characters? Something needs to be restarted. Any info on where all these issues are coming from?

“We are aware that many of our players are getting connection errors and error 42 in particular. This is due to the high traffic on our servers at the moment.

The same issue is causing some players to be unable to create a new characters. We are working on this issue and hope to have resolved this soon.”

It appears they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

valkilmer.3845

Thank you for the information.

valkilmer.3845

Seems fixed for me. Thanks again for the update.

StinVec.3621

No problem. I wasn’t sure how long the issues were going to go on for so I wanted to make sure everyone stayed informed

Take care.

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Still not fixed for me. :/

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

StinVec.3621

Still not fixed for me. :/

Which issue are you experiencing that isn’t fixed for you?
Ah, I see. Have you tried to do a full game restart since the time it was fixed for others having the issue?

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I can’t sell any items on the trading post for over 2 days, maybe my problems relate to the cause that made these issues.
I get “error attempting to sell” message every time I try to sell anything, I’m unable to sell anything

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

StinVec.3621

I can’t sell any items on the trading post for over 2 days, maybe my problems relate to the cause that made these issues.
I get “error attempting to sell” message every time I try to sell anything, I’m unable to sell anything

There may be a couple of reasons for your receiving this error non-stop. Though, seeing as you clearly have had a game account since at least last September, it doesn’t seem to be related to the restrictions to TP and in-game mail usage that is placed on new game accounts.

However, the TP and in-game mail system seem to be tied together in many ways. So, even though this may not sound logical at all and would seem to have absolutely no relation to your trading post not working, please give it a try.

• Can you try to send me (or anyone else) an in-game mail and see if you get an error message stating, “Processing previous mail.”

I’ve seen these two issues (unable to sell on TP, and unable to send a mail) being tied together. Others have reported that cleaning mail out of their mailbox has helped resolve the issue, though some needed to empty it completely and then do a full game restart.

Also, have you tried to run the -repair command on your GW2 installation?
Have you tried deleting your GW2 game cache or deleting your local.dat file?
I don’t expect it to be related to these, but I’ve learned to disregard logic with many areas of this game lately, so one of them may actually help if the mail deletion doesn’t.

If you would like, I’ll help you in more detail on these steps if the mail deletion doesn’t help.

Vashoom.8512

There may be a couple of reasons for your receiving this error non-stop. Though, seeing as you clearly have had a game account since at least last September, it doesn’t seem to be related to the restrictions to TP and in-game mail usage that is placed on new game accounts.

However, the TP and in-game mail system seem to be tied together in many ways. So, even though this may not sound logical at all and would seem to have absolutely no relation to your trading post not working, please give it a try.

• Can you try to send me (or anyone else) an in-game mail and see if you get an error message stating, “Processing previous mail.”

I’ve seen these two issues (unable to sell on TP, and unable to send a mail) being tied together. Others have reported that cleaning mail out of their mailbox has helped resolve the issue, though some needed to empty it completely and then do a full game restart.

Also, have you tried to run the -repair command on your GW2 installation?
Have you tried deleting your GW2 game cache or deleting your local.dat file?
I don’t expect it to be related to these, but I’ve learned to disregard logic with many areas of this game lately, so one of them may actually help if the mail deletion doesn’t.

If you would like, I’ll help you in more detail on these steps if the mail deletion doesn’t help.

Hi thanks for the tips, you may be onto something here..

1.) when I mail you, it says that exact error you stated above, so I tried to reply to a friends message I received a while ago, and and it says something different “your message has been suppressed due to excessive messaging.”.

2.) so I cleared my mailbox, closed the game, logged back in, same problems

3.) I deleted local.dat, no change

4.) I clear my temp folder daily, so the gw2 temp data from there is always new

5.) I ran a repair through “Gw2.exe -repair” command, it checked all the several hundred thousand files, no change.

6.) I also (upon suggestion of another loosely related forum post) did a full windows update as there may be some certificate authentication thing not updated, rebooted several times during this process to apply them all, this also had no affect.

7.) to finally eliminate the possibility of it being my local pc or game installation, I logged into my account using a different laptop that is used by a different account, who’s owner has no problems using the trading post on that account, but I was still unable to sell items or send mail to you

So yes.. I think arena net have kittened up somewhere with my account.
I have made a support ticket several days ago via the website but have had no reply.
I also reported the bug in-game using the tool.

I made a post about this asking if anybody else had this problem, nobody has replied, only people say this happens is when they send more than 10 items very quickly (as it’s intended to work).

So other than hoping anet will eventually reply to my support ticket (probably not on the top of their priority list right now), I am unable to play the game properly, other than vendoring everything i get. which I’m not going to to obviously.
What else can I do really?

(proof vid 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNV4n5a88k)
(proof vid 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1Jilqjkyg)

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

StinVec.3621

Wow. That is quite the impressive list of checking done on your part to try to resolve the issue.

I haven’t been able to find anything else related to this issue yet, though some who have had this problem have mentioned being able to mail and sell items on the TP normally if they go into their “Home” instance. I’m still trying to get my head around how the systems might be designed to allow for this type of issue to arise. I hope your support ticket proves fruitful in resolving it, though I will definitely keep looking for any possible fix for you.

Vashoom.8512

tried sending mail or selling items from home instance, no change

but thanks for the tips, don’t stress too much about it, it’s not like you are working for anet support team or are you.. in disguise!!! O.o duh duh DUH!

hopefully anet will respond to me and resolve this major issue asap.

Posted by: Daniel.7526

Daniel.7526

I think i lost 200 golds because of this. still doesnt have those back.. kinda makes me sad =\ ruing my whole gameplay and hard work