PVE guild switching broken, 3 days+

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hatspixelscake.7506

hatspixelscake.7506

Apologies if this isn’t the correct sub-forum for this thread, please move it accordingly.

Anyway, for the last 3 days I have been unable to switch guilds (UI interface via ‘G’ or guild icon) successfully in PVE. The guilds are correctly listed and I’m usually repping correctly for whichever I logged out as.

Sometimes, bank NPCs refuse to recognise that my active guild has a bank available.

Zoning in PVE (in or out or LA for example) sometimes works according to the guild panel but bank NPCs still won’t respond correctly. Most of the time, these zoning events have no benefit (Represent button is clickable but has no effect).

If I go to WvW the guild stuff all works 100% of the time. Banking and switching never fails there. Needless to say, having to zone twice to switch guilds is hassle.

Others in the guild have the same issues at exactly the same times as my account.

This also impacts activating guild missions and interacting with mission NPCs.

I opened a ticket but it felt like a brush-off/non-response.

DAE have this problem just now?
When did it start?
Which server do you play on?
Does it still happen when guesting?
Is your account EU or NA?

Thanks for any feedback you can offer me. I’m getting tired of the basic mechanics not working.

(edited by hatspixelscake.7506)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This sounds like an issue I have read about in the Game Bugs subforum. I don’t remember the ‘fixes’ for it, offhand, but you might want to post and/or peruse the posts there. Good luck. =)

hatspixelscake.7506

There are a number of suggestions that I’ve seen so far. The zoning one is often suggested. I just didn’t find that it worked for me.

This isn’t the first time that this problem has appeared but this is certainly the longest that it has lasted.

Posted by: Blueblob.1726

Blueblob.1726

Im EU on NA have had this issue in both LA and in rata sum if it happens again i will record the time here

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert
Veterans Of the Mists [redt] (r/redditgw2/) -Leader

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This isn’t really an account issue. You would be better served by posting in the Game Bugs or Tech Support subforums. Good luck.

hatspixelscake.7506

6 days now & still as broken as last week.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

This has happened to me. There are multiple servers you are connected to when you play Guild Wars 2: you can be connected to the game server and be able to play, but not to the server that controls the guild and keeps track of guild membership. When you zone it will reattempt to connect to the other servers.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Blueblob.1726

Blueblob.1726

During an invasion in timberline falls today at 4:30 server time I along with lots of people in map chat, could not talk in guilds or switch guilds. I created a support ticket and got the “we are working on it” standard anet response.

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert
Veterans Of the Mists [redt] (r/redditgw2/) -Leader

hatspixelscake.7506

Maintenance looks to have fixed it (for now).

Posted by: Leetsura.3507

Leetsura.3507

I /bug reported this sometime in the past and it has gotten more and more annoying up to the point that I /bug reported it again and contacted support. Sadly, they didn’t have a quick fix so we can only hope they sort it out.

Gonna swim with the big fish. You’re gonna get your wish. Ooooooo. Little barracuda.
When you awake, quaggans will be here, and there’ll be a crab cake, just for you…
oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooo…