Pact Personal Story Not Advancing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Prior to the update, I had two characters who had just finished the My Greatest Fear arc (Apatia for one, Syska for the other), and now I’m seeing no indication of where to go to continue the story, or when the next chapter will unlock. How can I fix this?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

What level us your character? Chapter 7 unlocks at L70, so it’s likely the character is below the (new) storyline level.

Alkonium.9164

What level us your character? Chapter 7 unlocks at L70, so it’s likely the character is below the (new) storyline level.

Actually it’s two characters; one’s level 73 and the other’s level 74. If it helps, their names are Nuuina and Gellain.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Oh, you FINISHED the fear storyline, sorry I missed that. That means you’re on Chapter 8, which unlocks at L80.

Alkonium.9164

Oh, you FINISHED the fear storyline, sorry I missed that. That means you’re on Chapter 8, which unlocks at L80.

I just checked the wiki. With the fear missions missing, I should still be only halfway through Chapter 7, with how things have been rearranged, I already did Temple of the Forgotten God as Gellain, but I didn’t do it yet with Nuuina. My next mission should be Against the Corruption on both of them. In addition, I’ve seen that the next chapter appears once you’ve completed the preceding one, even if you can’t play it yet, but it’s not showing up in either of their story panels.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe you are mistaken about being able to see the next arc of the Personal Story once you’ve finished the current arc. You can only see the next arc once you are of the appropriate level. In your case, you will be able to see (and complete) Chapter 8 once you are Level 80.

Good luck.

Posted by: Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Mr Snotty Pants.3980

I had a character on Greatest Fear before the patch. After the patch, and after finishing Greatest Fear, he is still in chapter 7.

I think this is what Alkonium is getting at. You wouldn’t expect to be in chapter 8 unless you’ve done Source of Orr.

And the next chapter should be viewable on the personal story tab, and tell you when it will unlock. At least, that’s what I saw with my Greatest Fear character.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh, well, I was referring to the HUI, but maybe he/she was not. My apologies.