Particle Effects On Phantasms

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Leyara.7398

Leyara.7398

With the recent addition of the Radiant set, and Wind Helmets, Mesmers have also had some ‘creepy’ bugs with their phantasms. Here’s a video of the effects while these pieces:

Is anyone else having this issue? It’s a little creepy seeing my sylvaris face & red eyes projected onto my phantasms.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

ahahahah i hate it!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

it’s the same when you stealth or use spectral walk btw.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Posted by: Solar Brink.1490

Solar Brink.1490

I was told updating my GFX Driver could fix this since its not a universal problem but cant find anything on the forums suggesting to do so.
Going to update and edit with result.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

since its not a universal problem
I’ve never read anyone, anywhere ever state that they did not also see the ‘faces’ on their phantasms (and the other instances of issues with radiant armor) while using Radiant Vambraces. Can you mention where you saw someone state that it wasn’t an issue for every mesmer that uses Radiant Vambraces? I’m very curious about that now.

Also, I have this issue noted in the ‘Graphical’ section of my Tracker – Living Story/Game Update Bugs thread linking to this thread as it includes a good video showing the issue.

Graphical
Achievement Skins Issues:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d be more concerned if opponents in WvW and sPvP are seeing the same thing: if the phantasms exhibit graphical artifacts, but the player animation doesn’t, then that provides a huge advantage for other players.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

StinVec.3621

I’d be more concerned if opponents in WvW and sPvP are seeing the same thing: if the phantasms exhibit graphical artifacts, but the player animation doesn’t, then that provides a huge advantage for other players.

Absolutely!
Unfortunately for mesmers wearing Radiant armor, the artifacts are also visible to everyone else around you. This also goes for this issue in relation to thieves using stealth with Radiant armor on.

Very surprised these issues have gone this long without a hotfix correcting it, let alone any acknowledgement that they even exist.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Confirmed seeing these on phantasms in pve. I observed this from another Mesmer during the Bazaar of the 4 winds, she was the only person with this effect.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d recommend that people who are seeing other mesmers take screen shots and post them here. ANet is more likely to act if they have evidence showing that this gives WvW|PvP opponents an advantage. If they think it’s only a cosmetic graphics artifact affecting a handful of people, this won’t be prioritized.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the report! I’ll forward this along.

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

huh? This looks quite normal.

StinVec.3621

Thanks for the report! I’ll forward this along.

Thank you very much, Josh.
A simply report acknowledgement post such as this certainly helps ease the tension building in the community over issues going seemingly unnoticed for so long.

Posted by: Shieero.9187

Shieero.9187

So Anet, gonna fix this?

Attachments:

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

So Anet, gonna fix this?

i also got this… so sad because i was so excited to get the radiant vambraces and then this..

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

6 months later and a reply from Arena Net. Still not fixed.

What are you guys doing? Sleeping?

It looks ridiculous.

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

This has been driving me nuts as well. The issue occurs on Phantasms (Mesmer), Spectral Skills (Necromancer), and Stealth (multiple). Maybe it is beyond their ability to fix the issue, but how hard is it to set these items to disappear when full-body transparencies are active? A quick and dirty fix would be better than no fix! This is really immersion-breaking in my opinion.

StinVec.3621

Would you look at that. Almost 8 months of it being reported and all it took to get it fixed was them to release a Gem Store armor with particle effects and the issue was fixed in less than 2 days.

I’m sure these are fixed now as well:

Really, it seems that if an issue needs to be fixed then we need to find some way to show that it causes an issue with LS (slayer potions) or the Gem Store (Zodiac Armor with particle effects) for it to get fixed.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Would you look at that. Almost 8 months of it being reported and all it took to get it fixed was them to release a Gem Store armor with particle effects and the issue was fixed in less than 2 days.

Well, I agree they seems to give more attention to GS items than to old bugs, but I also think that what caught their attention so it got fixed in 2 days was the amount of answers to that thread (about Zodiac skin), 14 pags in 4 days. Maybe that’s what would catch more of their attention to issues too… I just couldn’t not avoid to note that.