Permanent Inventory Scroll Bar

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

In the past, I have set my inventory window to a large size to avoid the display of the scroll bar. As of the May 17 patch, this is no longer possible. The scroll bar displays despite every inventory slot being visible.

Fenthir of Blackgate

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

so it does — I didn’t notice because I can still display everything in one screen (my real concern).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s a bit annoying, because I’m so used to the “inventory resize bug” that I start dragging at my inventory window any time I see a scrollbar. Seeing that bar used to imply that my inventory had spontaneously resized again.

Posted by: Stryker Ace.4708

Stryker Ace.4708

Looks like the shared inventory is its own partition vs personal slots. Its better this way, assuming its intended as its not in the notes, but agree the scroll bar should not appear if it doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: archiebub.4089

archiebub.4089

This may have something to do with a change I noticed with the shared slots. The shared inventory slots are taking up their own row now. Before the patch I had a nice 11 slot by 15 slot rectangle that included the shared slots and left no empty spaces. Now the 5 shared slots are on top in their own row which leaves 5 empty spaces at the bottom plus the 6 that are empty in the new shared slot row. I hate wasted screen space.

Attachments:

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

This may have something to do with a change I noticed with the shared slots. The shared inventory slots are taking up their own row now. Before the patch I had a nice 11 slot by 15 slot rectangle that included the shared slots and left no empty spaces. Now the 5 shared slots are on top in their own row which leaves 5 empty spaces at the bottom plus the 6 that are empty in the new shared slot row. I hate wasted screen space.

Possibly it was a change to address some complaints from when they gave one Share Slot to everyone, people complained that it messed with their inventory. Hard to please everyone I see… O.o

Posted by: Davion Roth.6709

Davion Roth.6709

Make it optional, everyone pleased.

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

I’m not very happy about the new shared inventory slot behavior either, but that at least makes sense as a possible intended change. The scroll bar (which remains visible when it’s not needed) just seems like sloppy implementation, and should be corrected.

Fenthir of Blackgate

(edited by Griz.4102)