Persistent heal notification arrow

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Brianrietta.8325

Brianrietta.8325

While fighting the Champion Charr Effigy I was quickly downed in maybe two ticks by the AoE. I don’t recall whether I’d started to use my heal and it didn’t complete before I was downed or whether I was just finishing dropping Shadow Refuge near me. Either way I was downed but under stealth so I just finished healing back up and then finished off the fight. Through this whole time the overlayesque arrow pointing at my heal skill was present (perhaps even while I was downed, with the arrow pointing at nothing on the downed UI, I think I remember that, but that might be all in my head now that I look back at it). I went to submit a bug report and noticed that pressing Esc to bring up the menu just emphasizes the heal notification, it doesn’t bring up the game menu. I completed the report and ended it with something to the effect of “I shouldn’t have to use my heal to clear the arrow” but as it turns out healing doesn’t clear it anyways. As you can see in the video I took at this point healing/switching heals/pressing Esc does nothing for it. Logging out and back in to the character cleared it.

https://youtu.be/nRrLaHNzHoo

This was all done on my 80 Sylvari Thief on Maguuma. I was downed just SE of Exterminatus HQ in Plains of Ashford and the video was taken just near there at the waypoint. I seem to recall this happening once before and I don’t quite remember whether I put in a bug report or which character it was/how it resolved itself (I think it was on my guardian in WvW and I’d rallied but then promptly died, maybe ‘fixing’ it and giving me no time/evidence with which to report the bug).

edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Escape-key-no-longer-opens-menu/first#post5115811

(edited by Brianrietta.8325)

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

same problem on my under lvl 10 elementalist. the health arrow is troublesome when you look at fullscreen map and press esc – it just goes down on the number 6 (good number, my weight is 66.6) without closing the map
luckily there is a little button to close the full map… but its there.
not sure how the arrow appears, but it disappears when using waypoints or viewing vistas (so far discovered)

and any chance removing hp alert arrow at all? only new players need it imo

Posted by: Starburstz.3927

Starburstz.3927

I have had the same issue as level 10 elementalist as well. The only way I can get it to go away is to completely log out. Wish there was a way to disable all of that “tooltip/help” stuff. I tried to find it but if there is a way I guess I looked in the wrong place.

Posted by: Khat.9327

Khat.9327

Having the same issue as a warrior lvl 16 at the moment. IT just never goes away until I log out. Its imposable!

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Happened to me yesterday on a level 80. Waypointing seemed to fix it for me.

Posted by: keverev.3704

keverev.3704

Been happening to me too for over a week

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’ve had this for a little while, and I typically F12 to the character log-in screen and right back in again to clear it. Is tedious, though.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174