Person with 2 account names same account?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

So I’ve noticed something strange with my husband’s account.

I have him added to my friend’s list and he’s added under Blasphemous.2461 but when I go to mail him something in game, it shows up as the addressee Blasphemous.1402. He’s had the same account the entire time, and he does always receive things I mail him, but I find it odd. Also when I add him to a party he shows up as 2461, but when mailed from the party window it’s again 1402.

Is this something we should be concerned over?

Thanks

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Are you 100% sure that B…2461 = B…1402? There can be two people with same name and different numbers following.

(I realize it’s likely that you or your husband would notice if he wasn’t getting some of the mail you sent, but since it’s really easy to check, I thought it would be worthwhile to ask.)

If you are sure, I’d encourage your husband to create a support ticket and double check with Customer Service that all is good.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Something like that has happened to me long time ago. When I first started in the game, I created my account during a free weekend trial and then months later I purchased the game. When I did so the game would flick my name with 2 different numbers. When I would be online it would show .6174 (my current as you see in here), but when going offline in Friends panel it would show something else. Also, friends had some hard time adding me because of that. I can’t recall exactly what I did to get rid of it though :S

A suggestion I could give is removing him from your list and you from theirs, then asking him to readd you. He will be in your Followers list then you readd him from there. I belive that was something like that that helped me to get rid of that glitch.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A suggestion I could give is removing him from your list and you from theirs, then asking him to readd you. He will be in your Followers list then you readd him from there. I belive that was something like that that helped me to get rid of that glitch.

Clever idea.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

I’ll try removing and readding. It’s a strange thing.

I’m 100% that both numbers are him, its just really quite odd lol.

Both of our accounts were pre order CE accounts so it couldnt be a free account issue.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Both of our accounts were pre order CE accounts so it couldnt be a free account issue.

This can happen when you link accounts together f.ex. I had a different 4 digit suffix in the betas than I have now…. this changed when gw1 account was linked and/or pre-purchase key was changed to retail key. Not sure if it happened again when I added HoT key as I wasn’t paying attention, their system may also have changed since launch.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

This can happen when you link accounts together f.ex. I had a different 4 digit suffix in the betas than I have now…. this changed when gw1 account was linked and/or pre-purchase key was changed to retail key. Not sure if it happened again when I added HoT key as I wasn’t paying attention, their system may also have changed since launch.

That’s possible and probably what happened to me at the time I mentioned above. I first created my account during a trial weekend and then purchased it later. Possibly the system made two accounts for me and then linked them both when I activated the paid one.